Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
If WPC 2016 will be your first Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference, follow our tips for planning so that you can make the most of your attendee investment. US Partner Experience lead Chinmayi Bhavanishankar explains what you can expect.
- Read the blog post by Chinmayi Bhavanishankar
- Watch the MPN 101 Community call about what to know before you go to WPC 2016
- Insider’s guide to Toronto
- Follow @wpcus on Twitter for US Partner attendee info
Join the US Public Sector team at WPC 2016 for a Town Hall meeting, where you’ll hear from leaders for both Microsoft Public Sector and the Microsoft US Partner Team. They will discuss sales strategy, market priorities, and partnering opportunities in Education, Federal Government, State and Local Government, and Health and Life Sciences. In our post, you’ll also find information about the Worldwide Public Sector sessions and the Public Sector Lounge at WPC 2016.
- Get the details about the US Public Sector Town Hall at WPC 2016
- Find out what’s in The Community Hub at WPC 2016
Sessions that will share the US Partner Team’s business priorities, initiatives, and programs for the coming year will be delivered the afternoon of Tuesday, July 12 during the 1:00PM and 2:30PM sessions (they will be repeated on Wednesday afternoon), followed by the Microsoft North America General Session with Judson Althoff from 4:00PM–5:30PM. Then, later that evening, join us for the US Partner Celebration at Sound Academy from 7:00PM–11:00PM.
- Details about the sessions for US Partners
- US Partner Celebration event information and preregistration
- Register by June 30 to receive your all access pass for the price of US$2,195
With the recent announcement about retiring several of the MPN competencies so we can better focus on your success with cloud, you may need a refresher on the five cloud competencies that demonstrate partner expertise with Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite. Review our blog post about getting started with the cloud competencies.
- Getting started with the cloud competencies
- New! Program enhancements let multiple partners get credit for driving customer cloud consumption
- Ends June 30: Silver cloud competency fees are waived through June 30 for partners that have met all other requirements
If your company is a member of the Microsoft Partner Network, you have access to a powerful asset that can be used for business growth, competitive advantage, and increased profitability. A new blog series explores how different partner business models are working together to benefit customers, and finding that there are benefits to their businesses as well.
- Read the blog series about partner-to-partner relationships
- Examples of US partner-to-partner relationships
- Building connections at WPC 2016
New technologies and capabilities from Microsoft will take data-driven solutions beyond analytics, and will include built-in intelligence that augments an organization’s capabilities in exciting new ways. Resulting from these new products, technologies, and capabilities is a significant amount of new opportunity for partners in the data platform, advanced analytics, and business intelligence space. To help partners build new or expand existing practices that capitalize on that opportunity, we’re expanding our Data & Analytics Partner Community.
- Learn how we’re expanding the Data & Analytics Partner Community
- Discover WPC 2016 sessions about data, analytics, and intelligence
The latest eBook in the Modern Microsoft Partner series is now available for download. “Optimize your operations” is the third pillar of the modern partner, and explains how successful cloud partners are finding efficiencies for people management and building process, repeatability, and automation into their delivery engines.
- Get an overview about the new Optimize your operations eBook
- Add Sessions PP01 and PP02 to your WPC 2016 schedule for best practices aligned to the eBook series
- Learn more about the Modern Microsoft Partner pillars
You’ve asked us to simplify how you work with Microsoft, and we’ve just completed a refresh of the partner portal to help make managing your MPN membership easier. Start with the Essentials page (also called the Quick start guide) to find the most common partner tasks and frequently requested links. From there, you can get to Incentives and Your Accounts and Reports (you’ll need to sign in for access to these), and you can view a more comprehensive membership guide as well.
- New partner? Start with the Essentials
- Want more details about benefits and resources? Maximize your membership
Demand for Windows 10 and cloud solutions continues to grow, and recent investments will help you take advantage of that demand. The opportunity spans services, applications, and devices. Find out what’s new, and don’t forget that the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 ends in just a few weeks, on July 29.
- Read the blog post about Windows partner opportunities
- Earn the new Windows and Devices competency
- Review the Windows 10 for business roadmap
- Help your customers take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 before it ends July 29
Intellectual property (IP) is most often associated with ISVs, but the fact is that solution providers of any type can create and package up their IP for commercial sale or to accelerate professional services and managed services engagements. IP can also be methodologies and best practices that engineers follow to offer services more efficiently. Partner profitability expert Brent Combest offers three IP development strategies that will help you identify what you already have in-house that could be packaged up for a repeatable and profitable IP solution.
- Read the blog post about profitable IP by Brent Combest
- Review the scenario overviews and financial models to understand how you can maximize profitability