Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
With just a few weeks to go until WPC 2016 in Toronto, it’s time to start building your schedule of sessions, meetings, events, and activities. In WPC Connect, you can also use the attendee search feature and the discussion groups to identify new connections for potential strategic partnerships.
- WPC Connect meeting and session scheduling tools for attendees are now open
- View the United States WPC 2016 agenda to see what’s planned for US attendees
- Not yet registered? Register today and receive your all-access pass for US $2,195 – the price will increase on July 1
Connect with the Microsoft US Partner Team at WPC 2016. We’re planning amazing experiences for you in the United States Regional Lounge, US-specific sessions and the Microsoft North America General Session, and the US Partner Celebration.
- Stay informed about US Partner attendee news
- US Partner Sessions and the MSNA General Session
- US Partner Celebration is on Tuesday, July 12 from 7:00 PM–11:00PM at Sound Academy in Toronto
- Register for the June 15 MPN 101 Community call about WPC 2016
Building and nurturing strategic partnerships should be part of every partner’s business plan. If your company is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) or Independent Software Vendor (ISV), learn about the success of Microsoft partners QUADROtech and Insentra in establishing a relationship and working together to meet customer needs for Office 365 migration services.
- Read about the benefits of ISV and MSP partnerships
- Read about the benefits of partnerships between Microsoft Dynamics CRM partners and MSPs
- The value of building and nurturing strategic partnerships
- Video: Top five benefits of ISV solutions
- Video: Top five ways to engage with ISVs
Customers are looking for a more comprehensive and collaborative relationship with their service provider. Through the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, you maintain account control for your Microsoft cloud customers. You create a cloud offering that provides a unique, end-to-end solution by packaging up your own tools, products, and services, and combining them into one monthly or annual customer bill. In addition, you provide technical support to your customers as part of your solution.
- Get started today with the Cloud Solution Provider program
- WPC 2016 sessions about building your cloud practice
- Use the partner profitability scenarios to identify your service opportunities
Join Partner Technology Strategist and Windows expert, Steve Adams, for the next Windows Partner Community call. Topics include the Windows 10 free upgrade offer that expires July 29, a technical discussion with Michael Niehaus about Windows 10 Long Term Servicing branches, and an updated about the new Windows and Devices competency for MPN members.
- Register for the June 13 call
- Windows 10 servicing options overview
- Options for your customers to take advantage of the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Windows and Devices competency
Get firsthand knowledge of Microsoft product features and capabilities with Internal Use Rights cloud services and on-premises software, available to partners with a Microsoft Action Pack subscription or MPN competency. Combine online services with on-premises software licenses to implement solutions for productivity, demonstration, development, testing, and internal training purposes.
- Internal Use Rights cloud and software benefits
- Watch our June 1 overview about Internal Use Rights activation and usage on demand
- SkyKick offer: No-cost Office 365 migration (ends June 30)
- SkyKick offer: No-cost use of Cloud Backup for your Azure IUR (ends June 30)
Changing buyer behaviors means marketing is a necessary and critical function for your business. Having a strong digital presence will help you capture the mindshare of modern cloud customers, who are most likely doing a significant amount of online research to make their technology decisions before they approach and talk to a company about the final sale. Find out about five marketing fundamentals every developer partner should have in its strategy.
- Read the blog post by Sharon Lee
- Download the Modernize your marketing eBook
- Microsoft resources for modern app development
- Smart Partner Marketing website for ISVs
Microsoft US Channel Chief, Stephen Boyle, talks about the importance for partners to understand the Microsoft approach to security and lead the discussion about it with customers. As you work with your customers on their digital transformation and encourage them to embrace cloud and hybrid solutions, be prepared to answer their questions and concerns about the privacy and security of their data. Leading this discussion with your customers can be powerful and persuasive, and help you close cloud sales faster.
- Read the blog post by Stephen Boyle
- Watch the Microsoft security platform demo by Julia White
- Visit the new Microsoft Trust Center
Even if you’re not a customer’s Digital Partner of Record, you can now earn credit toward an MPN cloud competency. Digital Partner of Record will remain the path to qualify for incentives. Cloud performance requirements can be met based on your customers’ usage and consumption data from other sources.
- Learn how Partner Association works
- Partner resources for Digital Partner of Record and Partner Association
- The value of your Microsoft affiliation to customers
Find out what’s available, what’s rolling out, and what’s in development for Windows for Business, Office 365, the Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.