Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Customers are looking for a more comprehensive and collaborative relationship with their service provider. Through the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, you maintain account control for your Microsoft cloud customers. You create a cloud offering that provides a unique, end-to-end solution by packaging up your own tools, products, and services, and combining them into one monthly or annual customer bill. In addition, you provide technical support to your customers as part of your solution.
- Get started today with the Cloud Solution Provider program
- WPC 2016 sessions about building your cloud practice
- Use the partner profitability scenarios to identify your service opportunities
Even if you’re not a customer’s Digital Partner of Record, you can now earn credit toward an MPN cloud competency. Digital Partner of Record will remain the path to qualify for incentives. Cloud performance requirements can be met based on your customers’ usage and consumption data from other sources.
- Learn how Partner Association works
- Partner resources for Digital Partner of Record and Partner Association
- The value of your Microsoft affiliation to customers
We’re counting down to WPC 2016 in Toronto! Plans for US Partner attendees include six US-focused sessions, the Microsoft North America General Session, the US Partner Celebration, and US Regional Lounge experiences. For details on these, visit and subscribe to the US Partner Community blog, and follow the US Partner Team @wpcus on Twitter, where we’ll be keeping you updated leading up to and throughout the conference about how to connect with us.
- Visit the WPC 2016 section of the US Partner Community blog
- Follow the US Partner Team on Twitter: @wpcus
- Read our insider’s guide to Toronto
- US-led sessions and the MSNA General Session
- MPN 101 Community call: What to know before you go to WPC 2016
Partners with a Microsoft Action Pack subscription or MPN competency have access to Microsoft software and cloud services that can be used for internal business purposes, customer demo, internal development and testing, and internal training. Activating and using your benefit can help you identify new business opportunities and sell more. Invest an hour to find out how to get started with internal use licenses for Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite.
- Register for the June 1 MPN Community call
- Sign up for future MPN 101 Community calls
- Three things we recommend for every US partner
- Learn about Internal-Use Rights cloud and software benefits
Make the business case for Office 365 using these two tools. The Value Discovery Workshop helps you create a step-by-step assessment of process improvement opportunities tied to business objectives/needs, identify the relevant Office 365 capabilities, and generate the right set of customized workshop content for your customer. The Value of Office 365 Calculator helps your sales team explain the benefits of adopting Office 365 services.
- Register for the June 2 Office 365 Partner Community call
- Get trained to facilitate Customer Immersion Experience sessions
- Sign in to the Drumbeat site for Microsoft FastTrack partner resources
- Watch previous Office 365 Partner Community calls on demand
In this live online event, hear about Microsoft customer engagement solutions, including enhances portal capabilities that better connect customers, partners and employees; embedded machine learning and Internet of Things scenarios that harness the power of Microsoft Azure; new field service capabilities.
- Save the date and sign up for Customer Driven on June 7
- General availability of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Spring 2016 Wave
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Roadmap
Windows, iOS, and Android platforms come with unique accessibility settings and built-in assistive services that many people with disabilities rely on. As part of our plans to ensure Office 365 applications, on all platforms, are inclusive and truly empower people of all abilities to achieve more, a key focus area for the Office 365 team this year is to ensure that our apps on these platforms work seamlessly with these settings and services to empower everyone to be productive on every device.
- Read the announcement about Office 365 accessibility
- Read and follow the Microsoft Accessibility blog
- Watch the accessibility video series on Microsoft Mechanics
- Follow @MSFTEnable on Twitter
Get ready for the release of SQL Server 2016 on June 1. SQL Server 2016 is a comprehensive high performance high scale data platform for your most demanding applications and insights on your data on any device. SQL Server 2016 seamlessly manages both relational and beyond relational (JSON, XML, Hadoop) data, seamlessly integrates structured data with Hadoop data, and seamlessly integrates on-premises data with cloud data.
- Read the announcement about the June 1 release of SQL Server 2016
- June 7–8: SQL Server 2016 Partner Practice Enablement training with labs
- Data Driven SQL Server 2016 event keynotes and technical video training on demand
- Partner resources and training for SQL Server 2016
- Data Platform and Advanced Analytics Partner Community blog series
In today’s rapidly changing marketplace, IT buyers are more connected, more informed, and have higher expectations than ever. Understanding how cloud customers buy, and ensuring that your marketing efforts align to those behaviors and set up your sales team for success, is critical. On the Smart Partner Marketing website, start by assessing your company’s marketing practices to get tailored recommendations for what to do next. You’ll also find marketing training, easy-to-implement tips, ModernBiz resources, and more.
- Go to the Smart Partner Marketing website
- Download the new Modern Microsoft Partner eBook about modernizing your sales and marketing
- Read the Modern Sales and Marketing blog series
- Aligning your company’s branding and positioning with Microsoft
Recent research by IDC indicates that there is immense value in hiring certified individuals, and in helping your employees get certified. From boosting productivity to increasing your time to market for new applications and product features, certifications benefit your business. If you’re working to earn an MPN cloud or data competency, purchase a Microsoft Partner Network Competency Value Pack to save on eligible exams.