Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Top 10 stories
For the Microsoft US Partner Team, WPC 2016 is our opportunity to celebrate our partnership with you, toast to our mutual successes of the past year, and plan for new successes in the year ahead. We’re planning six US-specific sessions to be held on Tuesday and repeated on Wednesday. You’ll also want to join us on Tuesday afternoon for the Microsoft North America General Session, hosted by Judson Althoff, President of Microsoft North America.
- Learn more about the US Sessions and the MSNA General Session
- Watch last year’s MSNA keynote in our WPC 2015 playlist
- View the United States WPC 2016 agenda
The new release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM brings a host of new features and capabilities that empower companies to connect with their customers, build long-term relationships, and provide better service experiences.
- Read the general availability announcement
- Sign up for Customer Driven on June 7
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Roadmap
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella joined SAP CEO Bill McDermott at SAPPHIRE NOW to talk about plans to to deliver broad support for the SAP HANA® platform deployed on Microsoft Azure, simplify work through new integrations between Microsoft Office 365 and cloud solutions from SAP, and provide enhanced management and security for custom SAP Fiori® apps.
- Read the announcement
- SAP on Azure product details
- SAP Fiori Mobile and Microsoft Intune integration
Working with an ISV company can help you expand your portfolio and offer your customers new, robust, end-to-end solutions. A new blog post by Gavriella Schuster, General Manager in the Worldwide Partner Group, explains why you should consider this kind of partnership for your business, and the benefits.
- Read the blog post by Gavriella Schuster
- Video: Top five benefits of ISV solutions
- Video: Top five ways to engage with ISVs
- More about the value of strategic partnerships
Innovations in Windows 10, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite work with each other, and with other partner solutions from across the security ecosystem, to provide a holistic, agile, and secure platform. As you work with your customers on their digital transformation and encourage them to embrace cloud and hybrid solutions, be prepared to answer their questions and concerns about the privacy and security of their data. Leading this discussion with your customers can be powerful and persuasive, and help you close cloud sales faster.
- What partners should know about the Trusted Cloud
- Microsoft Security Intelligence Report
- Watch the Microsoft security platform demo by Julia White
- Learn how the Microsoft Cloud keeps data private, secure, compliant, and transparent
- The value of continuity: Aligning security and control in a hybrid world
Get an overview of the Microsoft partner program to learn about your membership benefits and options. Whether your company is new to the Microsoft Partner Network, or you’re new to your company that is a member organization, we’ll help you get acquainted with the program and the resources available to you and your company.
- Register for the New Partner Orientation call
- Getting started information for US partners
- MPN Quick Start Guide
The Hot Sheet is a comprehensive schedule of partner training courses, webcasts, community calls, and office hours, updated regularly as we learn about new offerings. Listings cover a wide range of products and topics for every role at your partner company—business, sales, technical, and marketing. We also share schedules and reminders about upcoming activities on the US Partner Training Twitter feed, @mslearningcurve. Subscribe to the US Partner Enablement blog to receive Hot Sheet by email or RSS.
- Go to the Hot Sheet schedule
- On-demand training
- Sales excellence webcast schedule
- Explore the WPC 2016 Session Catalog
This 2-day data platform boot camp explains the SQL Server 2016 features for mission critical and hybrid scenarios. With presentations and labs, you’ll learn about in-memory technologies, real-time operational analytics, and query data store, as well as new security technologies like always encrypted, high availability, and disaster recovery in Microsoft Azure virtual machine. Space is limited, register today.
- Register for the data platform boot camp for SQL Server 2016 on June 7–8
- Data Driven SQL Server 2016 event keynotes and technical video training on demand
- Data Platform and Advanced Analytics Partner Community blog series
- Driving partner opportunity through big data
As the Microsoft fiscal year comes to a close on June 30 (our fiscal year is July–June), the US SMB Partner team has prepared a series of short videos to help you talk to your SMB customers about modernizing their infrastructure with current, supported versions of Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server.
- SMB Partners: Customer conversations video playlist
- Download and customize marketing and sales materials in our Partner marketing campaigns
- SMB customer offers and partner incentives
The Windows 10 free upgrade offer ends July 29. If your customer is asking you about the best way for them to upgrade, the answer depends on variables in their environment such as size, geographic disparity, and supporting infrastructure and resources. Find out what the options are and how to help your customers decide on their upgrade approach.