Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Changing buyer behaviors means marketing is a necessary and critical function for your business. Having a strong digital presence will help you capture the mindshare of modern cloud customers, who are most likely doing a significant amount of online research to make their technology decisions before they approach and talk to a company about the final sale. Find out about five marketing fundamentals every developer partner should have in its strategy.
- Read the blog post by Sharon Lee
- Check the community call schedule and register for upcoming calls
- May 12 Community call: Curate and manage your digital and social presence
- Join the ISV and App Builder Yammer group
Intellectual property (IP) is most often associated with ISVs, but the fact is that solution providers of any type can create and package up their IP for commercial sale or to accelerate professional services and managed services engagements. IP can also be methodologies and best practices that engineers follow to offer services more efficiently. Partner profitability expert Brent Combest offers three IP development strategies that will help you identify what you already have in-house that could be packaged up for a repeatable and profitable IP solution.
- Read the blog post by Brent Combest
- Visit the partner profitability page and download our first two Modern Partner eBooks
- Review the scenario overviews and financial models to understand how you can maximize profitability
The Windows 10 free upgrade offer ends July 29. If your customer is asking you about the best way for them to upgrade, the answer depends on variables in their environment such as size, geographic disparity, and supporting infrastructure and resources. Find out what the options are and how to help your customers decide on their upgrade approach.
- Read the Windows Partner Community blog post by Steve Adams
- Windows 10 is now on 300 million active devices
- New experiences and developer opportunity are coming this summer in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Build your Windows business with MPN
The Microsoft and Red Hat partnership opens up limitless possibilities of the cloud, providing customers with greater flexibility and choice, and extending new opportunities to partners. Attend one of our US events that’s being held in New York on May 11, Seattle on May 12, Dallas on May 17, Washington DC on May 17, and Chicago on May 24. If you can’t make it to one of these cities, register for the virtual event on May 17.
- Register for an in-person event in one of five US cities
- Register for the virtual event on May 17
- Read the Microsoft and Red Hat partnership announcement
- Run Red Hat solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft professional certification for Linux on Azure
Innovations in Windows 10, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite work with each other, and with other partner solutions from across the security ecosystem, to provide a holistic, agile, and secure platform. Use our resources to become acquainted with the pillars and principles behind the Microsoft commitment to deliver the Microsoft Cloud your customers can trust.
- Download the new Security Intelligence Report
- Learn how the Microsoft Cloud keeps data private, secure, compliant, and transparent
- Office 365 innovations in enterprise security and compliance
- Cloud + Enterprise innovations in enterprise security
- Navigating trusted cloud considerations: Transparency, security, privacy, and compliance
Gather your team and watch the Microsoft Cloud and Hosting Summit keynotes live online. This year’s theme is “Empowering digital transformation,” and executive speakers like Aziz Benmalek, Kirk Koenigsbauer, and Mark Russinovich will talk about how you can build new services, introduce innovation, and create new business opportunities.
- Register for the livestream of the Microsoft Cloud and Hosting Summit
- Hosting partner community resources
- Plan your transition from the Hosting competency to the Cloud Platform competency
- Register for the June 9 Quarterly Licensing Brief
Sign up for the Morning Broadcasts scheduled for May and boost your digital marketing and sales approach. The Marketing activation series on May 10, 17, and 24 will help you build a website that attracts the right customers and prospects, and the Project LeadGen call on May 20 will introduce you to a new sales and marketing training program that can lead to generating more Office 365 leads.
- Register for the upcoming Morning Broadcasts
- Sign up for the US SMB Partner Insider Community
- Office 365 financial model for profitability
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) is the fastest growing product in the history of Microsoft. When paired with Office 365, EMS delivers an empowering work environment for users that protects corporate assets. As users continue to be more mobile, use more devices, and use more cloud apps, the enterprise mobility management market is changing. For partners, the opportunity is significant. In our blog series, US experts explain how to build your enterprise mobility practice and expertise with each of the components in Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite.
- Read the enterprise mobility blog series
- Watch our YouTube video playlist for Microsoft EMS
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite financial model for profitability
- Enterprise Mobility Management competency
- Join the new EMS Partners group on Yammer
“In terms of reach, Office is one of the few platforms in the world that provides developers with access to over a billion users across a variety of devices,” says Qi Lu, executive vice president of the Applications and Services Group. The opportunity to develop on the Office platform and build smarter apps as well as native solutions is significant. For partners in the Cloud Solution Provider program that are primarily focused on Office 365, IP services you develop on the Office platform could be included in your cloud offering that provides a unique, end-to-end solution.
- Read the blog post by Kirk Koenigsbauer
- Get an in-depth look at the new features
- Office 365 Groups connectors
- Get started on the Office Dev Center
Take advantage of specially priced Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) Competency Value Packs to meet the competency requirements for your business. Each pack contains a voucher for one team member to use toward up to three exams in your chosen competency (with up to 15 total attempts). Value packs are available through September 30, and vouchers must be redeemed by October 31.