Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Demand for Windows 10 and cloud solutions continues to grow, and recent investments will help you take advantage of that demand. The opportunity spans services, applications, and devices. Find out what’s new, and don’t forget that the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 ends in just a few weeks.
- Read the blog post about Windows partner opportunities
- Earn the new Windows and Devices competency
- Review the Windows 10 for business roadmap
- Help your customers take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10
Starting at 12:01AM Pacific Time on Wednesday, May 4, through 11:59 PM Pacific Time on Thursday, May 5, save US$100 on the price of your all-access pass to WPC 2016. Make you plans to join us in Toronto, Canada, from July 10–14 to celebrate our accomplishments and set a path for growth and new opportunities together.
- Register for WPC 2016 on May 4 or May 5
- See the United States agenda for WPC 2016
- Insider tips for visiting Toronto
- US Sessions and the Microsoft North America General Session are in the Session Catalog
What are the go-to-market approaches that stand out, win more business, and protect margins? Microsoft commissioned IDC research to find out how top-performing partners around the world differentiate themselves. Book 2 in the Modern Microsoft Partner eBook series explains the habits they have in common: establishing a vertical or industry focus, productizing intellectual property, and building strategic partnerships.
- Three reasons and three ways to differentiate your cloud business
- WPC 2016 sessions about the four pillars of the modern partner
- Profitability scenarios and financial models
- The value of building and nurturing strategic partnerships
At this virtual live event, CVP Jeff Teper will unveil the new vision and roadmap for SharePoint and OneDrive for Business, both on-premises and in the cloud with Office 365. Following the live keynote from San Francisco, there will be many new on-demand sessions that detail the upcoming innovations. Register today and plan to join this virtual event to learn the future of sharing and collaboration from Microsoft.
- Register for the live virtual event at 12:30 PM Eastern/9:30 AM Pacific on Wednesday, May 4
- SharePoint 2016 release to manufacturing announcement
- SharePoint 2016 reviewer’s guide
- Video: What’s new for admins in SharePoint Server 2016
- Review the Office 365 roadmap
Surprising and delighting attendees at your events can make them more memorable and enhance business value. Take your event planning and execution to a new level by incorporating experiential elements. Ahinsa Mansukhani, who leads the US event planning and visual storytelling practice, shares what she’s learned from planning Microsoft customer and partner events, including the US presence at WPC, and planning events for non-profit organizations.
- Register for the May 4 call
- MPN 101 resources
- New videos explain partner resources, answer common questions, and more
Customer Lockbox for Office 365 provides customers with unprecedented control over their content in the service. On this month’s Office 365 Partner Community call, Michael Panciroli is joined by Anand Menon from the Microsoft Application Services Group to talk about customer-controlled, just-in-time, and timebound authorization with detailed audit and logging capability. Chris Wirth from the Partner Technical Services team will also join the call to talk about the new Advanced Support for Partners, a cloud-focused partner support offering.
- Register for the May 5 partner community call
- Customer Lockbox for Office 365 announcement
- Advanced Support for Partners overview
- Watch previous Office 365 Partner Community calls on demand
Prepare for certification exams 70-346 and 70-347 (required for the MCSA: Office 365 certification) by attending this 3-day virtual boot camp, an accelerated version of the 5-day instructor-led training. This course targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying, and operating Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. The cost of the course has been subsidized and price per individual is $299.
- Register for this technical boot camp
- Learn more about the MCSA: Office 365 certification
- Learning paths for Office 365 exams
- Office 365 E5 technical topics learning path
Build your Microsoft cloud practice that serves small and midsize businesses by participating in the US SMB Partner Insiders community. Community resources include calls, news alert emails, and newsletters.
- Register for the Morning Broadcasts in May
- Join your local Microsoft team on their May 6 SMB Partner Insider call
- Sign up for the US SMB Partner Insider Community
Sales excellence webcasts in May are led by Microsoft product and licensing experts who will talk about Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint, Office 365, and more. On our new sales excellence blog post, you’ll find the schedule and links to register for these webcasts as well as for the remaining Cloud Platform University Online courses, and on-demand training links, too.
- Sign up for partner seller training
- Learn how to use the new Partner University site (video)
- Follow @mslearningcurve on Twitter
Get firsthand knowledge of Microsoft product features and capabilities with Internal Use Rights cloud services and on-premises software, available to partners with a Microsoft Action Pack subscription or MPN competency. Combine online services with on-premises software licenses to implement solutions for productivity, demonstration, development, testing, and internal training purposes.
- Internal Use Rights overview and downloadable guides
- SkyKick offer: No-cost Office 365 migration (ends June 30)
- SkyKick offer: No-cost use of Cloud Backup for your Azure IUR (ends June 30)
- Have the Communication competency or Cloud Productivity competency? You now have Office 365 Enterprise E5 in your IUR
- Xamarin is now part of your Visual Studio subscription in your Internal Use Rights benefit