Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Effective April 18, Microsoft FastTrack has been expanded to make the service even better and help you increase customer usage. The FastTrack Center provides guidance, content, and best practices advice to help speed up your customers’ time to value and increase their users’ adoption of Office 365. We’ve streamlined Success Plan creation and created new scenarios that help a wider variety of customer set a vision for success with Office 365. Start using FastTrack with your customers today.
- Read the Microsoft FastTrack updates partner announcement
- Watch the FastTrack partner update video
- Sign in to the Drumbeat site for Microsoft FastTrack partner resources
- Sign in to the Drumbeat site to learn about the FY16 Office 365 Adoption Offer, effective through June 30
As you work with your customers on their digital transformation and encourage them to embrace cloud and hybrid solutions, be prepared to answer their questions and concerns about the privacy and security of their data. Visit the new Microsoft Trust Center and get the facts about compliance, control, and protection of customer data in the Microsoft Cloud. Leading this discussion with your customers can be powerful and persuasive, and help you close cloud sales faster.
- Visit the new Microsoft Trust Center
- Security details about Microsoft products and services
- Get the Safeguard Your Business campaign materials from the ModernBiz site
- Effective approaches for unlocking digital transformation
There are a number of free Microsoft tools that you can use to explore and learn about the latest capabilities in machine learning, advanced analytics, and data visualization, as well as to demo these capabilities to customers. By showing your customers these capabilities in action, you are opening the door for them to realize a substantial increase on the value of their data investments. Check out the list of recommendations by our expert, Sadie Van Buren.
- Read the blog post about free data analytics tools and demos
- More Data Platform and Advanced Analytics Community blog posts
- New technologies for the era of conversational intelligence
- Easily add smart capabilities to your applications and give them a human side
Help your customers connect their teams in real time, with the Skype experience they love, from the Office applications they use every day. Skype for Business offers them one platform in Office 365 for calling, conferencing, video, and sharing. Take this virtual technical training to learn about configuring and deploying Skype for Business services like Cloud PBX with PSTN Calling, PSTN Conferencing and Skype Meeting Broadcast.
- Register for the course on April 27–28 (4 hours/day)
- Learn more about Skype for Business Online Academy
- Skype for Business meeting solutions
- Skype for Business voice solutions
The Microsoft and Red Hat partnership means new business opportunities for you. Your customers with Red Hat solutions can now run them on Microsoft Azure. Come to a partnership event in a city near you, and learn about the possibilities with open source solutions and the Microsoft Cloud Platform. In each city, there is a customer event and a partner event.
- Register for the partnership event in Atlanta
- See dates in May for customer and partner events in 10 additional United States cities
- Get details about running Red Hat solutions on Azure
- Earn the MCSA: Linux on Azure certification
We’ll help you build a strong advanced analytics practice with Cortana Intelligence Suite and Microsoft R Server. If you’re a data scientist or developer focused on business intelligence or SQL, register for an analytics boot camp in Los Angeles April 27–29, Bellevue May 3–5, or Fort Lauderdale May 16–18.
- Register for an upcoming boot camp
- Learn about Cortana Intelligence Suite
- What to know about Microsoft R Server
- New technologies for the era of conversational intelligence
Gather your team and watch the Microsoft Cloud and Hosting Summit keynotes live online. This year’s theme is “Empowering digital transformation,” and executive speakers like Aziz Benmalek, Kirk Koenigsbauer, and Mark Russinovich will talk about how you can build new services, introduce innovation, and create new business opportunities.
- Register for the livestream of the Microsoft Cloud and Hosting Summit
- Hosting partner community resources
- Plan your transition from the Hosting competency to the Cloud Platform competency
- Register for the June 9 Quarterly Licensing Brief
These 2-day data platform boot camps explain the SQL Server 2016 features for mission critical and hybrid scenarios. With presentations and labs, you’ll learn about in-memory technologies, real-time operational analytics, and query data store, as well as new security technologies like always encrypted, high availability, and disaster recovery in Microsoft Azure virtual machine. Space is limited in these virtual instructor-led courses from May 10–11, May 16–17, June 7–8, and June 28–29.
- Register for an upcoming data platform boot camp for SQL Server 2016
- Partner Technical Services training and offerings
- Data Driven SQL Server 2016 event keynotes and technical video training on demand
- Data Platform and Advanced Analytics Partner Community blog series
The market is changing, and so are we. Over the next 18 months, we will retire some competencies and add new ones. The remaining competencies will better align your Silver and Gold competency recognition with the current and future needs of our shared customers, and allow us to focus our investments in continuing to create stronger connections between partners and our mutual customers. If your organization is affected by the changes, we have resources to help you make the transition.
- Read the MPN Evolution announcement
- Visit the MPN Evolution planning page
- Save on exams that meet the technical requirements for a cloud competency
Find out what’s available, what’s rolling out, and what’s in development for Windows for Business, Office 365, the Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- New! Windows for Business roadmap
- Cloud Platform roadmap
- Office 365 roadmap
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM roadmap
- Microsoft Integration roadmap