Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
The market is changing, and so are we. Over the next 18 months, we will retire some competencies and add new ones. The remaining competencies will better align your Silver and Gold competency recognition with the current and future needs of our shared customers, and allow us to focus our investments in continuing to create stronger connections between partners and our mutual customers.
- Read the MPN Evolution announcement
- Visit the MPN Evolution planning page
- Save on exams that meet the technical requirements for a cloud competency
You’ve asked us to simplify how you work with Microsoft, and we’ve just completed a refresh of the partner portal to help make managing your MPN membership easier. Start with the Essentials page to find the most common partner tasks and frequently requested links. From there, you can get to Incentives and Your Accounts and Reports (you’ll need to sign in for access to these), and you can view a more comprehensive membership guide as well.
- New partner? Start with the Essentials
- Want more details about benefits and resources? Maximize your membership
We hope you’ll join the US Partner Team at the premier Microsoft partner event in Toronto this July. WPC 2016 is your opportunity to interact face-to-face with business leaders from around the globe, identify and build new partnerships, and learn how to bring your cloud offer to market. The current price will increase on April 21, so we encourage you to secure your spot today.
- Register today for your all-access pass
- Registration options: group discount, day passes, and the registration payment plan
- Explore the Session Catalog for an early look at content
- Find out about our featured speakers at WPC 2016
Small businesses want to get the same productivity and efficiency benefits from their hardware and software investments that big businesses get. Learn how to unlock new hardware and software opportunities, increase margins for your short- and long-term services, and cement your status as a trusted advisor to SMBs. We’ll explain how to position the combined story of Windows + Office + new devices and the offers, incentives, and materials that will help speed up your sales cycle.
- Register for the April 20 sales training
- Find upcoming sales training opportunities
- Office 365 online sales training (sign in as a partner for access)
This virtual technical training for partner IT pros, presales technical roles, and partner developers provides an in-depth look at how to produce business intelligence solutions for customers. The course is delivered over two days, four hours each day.
- Register for the April 20–21 course
- More courses offered in April, May, and June
- Power BI partner resources
Attend in-person sales training at an upcoming Drumbeat Grow SMB partner workshop. This level 200 training will help you master the sales skills needed for effective conversations with SMB customers about the value of Office 365 to their businesses. Learn to tailor and deliver the productivity message for specific scenarios and business needs, as well as respond to customer concerns about security, privacy, and compliance.
- Register for a workshop in a city near you
- Complete Drumbeat Start for SMB on demand prior to attending your workshop
- Cloud SureStep for Office 365
- Office 365 profitability scenarios and partner value proposition
- Microsoft Trust Center for Office 365
Cloud Platform University Online offers interactive, scenario-based online training. Each course is delivered over a four-week timeframe, and engages participants in an orchestrated set of learning experiences that include video, expert instruction, customer case study, discussion forum, and applied assignments. Registration is free, and participants complete assignments and activities at their own pace during the course timeframe. See the schedule through the end of June and register before the close date.
- Register for upcoming training prior to each course’s close date
- Data Platform University sales learning series on demand
Whether you consider yourself an ISV, application builder, or developer, partner with Microsoft for the tools, resources, and support you need to build and market your app.
- ISV and Application Builder Center
- Microsoft developer centers
- Marketing resources for ISVs
- Develop apps quickly—without compromising quality
The end of extended support for SQL Server 2005 has passed, and many customers still using it will no longer receive security updates or hotfixes from Microsoft. But those customers are also missing out on the opportunity and benefits that come with running a modern data platform instead of one that is more than a decade old. Read the SQL Server team’s perspective about the path forward for customers to evaluate their technology needs and see how upgrading can transform their businesses.
- Read the blog post by the SQL Server team
- Driving partner opportunity through big data
- What's new in SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform
Microsoft US Channel Chief, Stephen Boyle, provides you with an update about your opportunities and resources for building and sustaining a profitable cloud business. From the new Modern Microsoft Partner eBook series to the updated Cloud Adoption Profitability Playbook to investments for app developers and in the Internet of Things, Microsoft can help propel your business forward.
- Read Stephen’s blog post
- Profitability blog posts
- Meet the modern partner and the four pillars for a successful practice