Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
With the recent news about Microsoft data platform and analytics capabilities, customers now have the opportunity to make use of their data for new and better insights. For partners, the time is now to understand how to support your customers with a long-term data strategy and help them become modern, data-driven businesses. Microsoft Channel Chief, Phil Sorgen, explains what partners should do today to prepare for the digital technology revolution.
- Read the blog post by Phil Sorgen
- Data is the new electricity – watch the Data Driven executive keynotes and on-demand training videos
- Upgrade your customers from SQL Server 2005 (support ends April 12)
- Data Platform and Advanced Analytics blog series
At Build 2016, Microsoft will present the latest tools and technologies for developers, helping them to be their most creative and productive. Keynotes and select sessions will be streamed live. Watch online starting at 8:30 AM Pacific Time on Wednesday, March 30. Sessions will be available to watch on demand approximately 24 hours after they are presented at the conference. To join the conversation, use #Build2016.
- Build keynotes and select sessions will be streamed live starting at 8:30 AM Pacific Time on Wednesday, March 30
- Sessions will be available on demand after 24 hours
- Resources for developer partners
- Best practices for developing apps quickly, without compromising quality
Join Microsoft and Red Hat in a city near you to learn how the Microsoft and Red Hat partnership opens up the limitless possibilities of the cloud, providing customers with greater flexibility and choice, and extending new opportunities to partners. There are both customer and partner events coming to several United States cities.
- Cities, dates, and links to register
- Microsoft and Red Hat partnership announcement
- Run Red Hat solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Openness website
- Microsoft professional certification for Linux on Azure
The Worldwide Partner Conference is our annual partner business and sales event. This year, it’s in Toronto, Canada, from July 10–14. Join this US Partner Community call for an overview of the conference, a preview of the experiences we’re planning for US partners, and to find out why you should plan to attend.
- Register for the March 30 community call
- Visit the WPC 2016 website
- MPN Partner of Year Award submissions close on April 7
- Your executive invitation to WPC 2016
- Introducing the WPC 2016 Vision Keynote speakers
The April calls in our series for East Region, Central Region, and West Region will be held on Friday, April 1. Each region’s call will cover content that’s been requested by partners, with topics that include business insights and priorities from the Region’s General Manager, information about opportunities, programs, and resources, and a look at news, upcoming events, and more.
- Register for your local Microsoft team’s SMB Partner Insider call
- Build your offering that combines the features of Office 365 with your services in a unique, end-to-end solution
- Sign up for the SMB Partner Insider Community
If you’re an Office 365 reseller currently selling advisor licensing, and interested in selling Office 365 through the Cloud Solution Provider program, register to attend this webcast. With the Cloud Solution Provider program, you own the customer relationship, control the billing, and provide the support. SherWeb is an indirect provider for the CSP program. Combine your value-added services with those offered by SherWeb and Microsoft and create a cloud offering that meets your customers’ needs.
- Register to attend the SherWeb presentation on April 14
- How owning the customer lifecycle can make your partner business more profitable
- Understanding the partner licensing models
- Resources for the Cloud Solution Provider program
- Get the list of indirect CSP providers in the United States
Check out the new training schedules for Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics, Skype for Business, and Enterprise mobility that have been published recently on the US Partner Enablement blog. Look for new posts for data platform training and sales excellence webcasts soon. Listings include April, and we’ll update for May and June as soon as those schedules are available.
- Microsoft Azure partner training
- Microsoft Dynamics partner training
- Enterprise mobility partner training
- Skype for Business partner training
- Office 365 partner training
Our Partner Technology Strategists share their expertise in a series of blog posts for the US Partner Community. You’ll learn about new products and technologies and get recommendations for training and practice-building resources. In addition to the blog series, participate in community calls and Yammer groups.
- Azure Partner Community: Identity management in Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Data and Analytics Partner Community: SQL Server R Services and Microsoft R Server
- Office 365 Partner Community: People-centric security – Advanced eDiscovery
In the rapidly changing world of IT, the cloud is now the primary driver for business transformation. IDC research indicates that the greater cloud market—including hardware, software, and professional and managed services surrounding cloud technology—will exceed $500 billion by 2020. A new eBook series explains the opportunity, goes in-depth into the four attributes of the successful modern partner, and provides guidance for building a sustainable, profitable cloud business.
- Microsoft Channel Chief Phil Sorgen introduces the Modern Microsoft Partner eBook series
- Preview the four pillars of the modern partner
- Our A to Z guide to partner profitability concepts and resources
The Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience (CIE) is a true-to-life user experience that takes customers through common, work-related scenarios. It gives them a first-hand look at the Windows 10 experience and the features of the new Office across a devices, including tablets, PCs, and smartphones. Take the training to gain access to the resources to facilitate conversations with customers that help you uncover new opportunities, close deals, and encourage cloud adoption.