Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
If you missed the Data Driven broadcast on March 10, you can watch on demand and hear from Satya Nadella and Joseph Sirosh, as well as partners and customers, talking about how SQL Server 2016 transforms data into business intelligence, insights, and action. In addition to the four executive keynotes, you’ll find on-demand video training for the new features and technology in SQL Server 2016, from advanced analytics to hybrid to security and more.
- Watch Data Driven on demand
- Data Platform and Advanced Analytics Partner Community blog series
- Data Platform sales training
In the rapidly changing world of IT, the cloud is now the primary driver for business transformation. IDC research indicates that the greater cloud market—including hardware, software, and professional and managed services surrounding cloud technology—will exceed $500 billion by 2020. A new eBook series explains the opportunity, goes in-depth into the four attributes of the successful modern partner, and provides guidance for building a sustainable, profitable cloud business.
- Microsoft Channel Chief Phil Sorgen introduces the Modern Microsoft Partner eBook series
- Preview the four pillars of the modern partner
- Our A to Z guide to partner profitability concepts and resources
Moving to the cloud is a journey many customers take in hybrid mode. Join one of our two upcoming partner calls to learn more about the new Microsoft Azure Hybrid Use Benefit and how it helps with Windows Server renewal conversations and in getting new workloads to Azure.
The Cloud Solution Provider program is open to all partners. For resellers who are starting to offer a range of cloud services and solutions of their own, and for ISVs that are building their own partner channels and want to reach more customers, working with an indirect CSP provider lets you tap into an established marketplace of partners, solutions, and opportunities. Join our US Partner Community call on Wednesday, March 16 to learn more about the program and how to get started.
- Register for the March 16 call
- Find the right partners, products, and processes with a CSP provider
- Join the cloud program offered by one of our CSP providers
- More MPN 101 resources
The landscape of how people work is changing, and users want to be mobile, flexible, and more productive. This can present challenges to a company’s IT departments, which need to balance user productivity with security, compliance, and privacy needs. The March and April blog posts and community calls for the Azure Partner Community will go in-depth about Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite and building your knowledge, capabilities, and practice to empower enterprise mobility.
- Read the introductory blog post by Nick Johnson
- Watch Brad Anderson’s overview of Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Self-paced 300/400-level technical training for Microsoft EMS deployment
- Register for the March 17 and April 21 community calls
- Subscribe to the Azure Partner Community newsletter
Gail Mercer-MacKay joins the ISV and App Builder Community call for a discussion about utilizing social platforms to build brand awareness and generate leads.
- Register for the March 17 ISV and App Builder Community call
- Explore the resources on the new ISV and App Builder Center
- Read the US ISV and App Builder blog series
The Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience (CIE) is a true-to-life user experience that takes customers through common, work-related scenarios. It gives them a first-hand look at the Windows 10 experience and the features of the new Office across a devices, including tablets, PCs, and smartphones. Take the training to gain access to the resources to facilitate conversations with customers that help you uncover new opportunities, close deals, and encourage cloud adoption.
- Take the CIE training
- Use the recently updated Cloud Adoption Profitability Playbook
- Meet requirements for the performance-driven competencies
Microsoft Partner Technical Services provides your core Microsoft Partner Network membership technical benefits, as well as incremental paid support offerings. Attend technical training that helps you build technical presales and deployment capabilities; get technical presales assistance that can help you win more deals; and utilize advisory services that include design and implementation guidance, migration and deployment planning, and more.
- Learn what Support benefits your company may be eligible for
- Get details about technical training, technical presales assistance, and advisory services
- Signature Cloud Support offers qualified cloud competency partners an elevated level of technical support for Microsoft cloud products
- New Advanced Support for Partners is cloud support at an accessible price point
- Premier Support for Partners offers comprehensive support for partners with highly complex customers
Showcase the solutions you’ve built on Microsoft technologies to benefit our mutual customers and win recognition for your successes. Receiving a Partner of the Year Award positions your company for new business opportunities, differentiates you from the competition, generates positive press coverage and can lead to even greater market recognition. The Partner of the Year Award submission tool closes on April 7 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Download and review materials including the eligibility requirements and questions, official rules, and frequently asked questions
- Chris Hertz from New Signature, the 2015 US Country Partner of the Year, shared his insights on stage at WPC in Orlando
- Twenty-one US partner companies were Partner of the Year Award winners in 2015—meet them in this short, fun video
Stay on track with your training goals. Refer to the US Partner Community Hot Sheet for a schedule of in-person training and virtual courses, calls, and office hours are available. The current Hot Sheet includes listings through April 2016, and we’ll add new courses as we learn about them.
- Go to the current Hot Sheet
- Get started with the new Partner University on-demand training platform
- Find on-demand technical training on Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Find on-demand sales training from our Sales Excellence series
- Download our one-page partner training reference sheet