Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
The Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference is our largest business and sales event for partners from around the world. From inspiring keynotes by Microsoft leadership to interactive sessions with industry experts, you’ll learn from thought leaders and IT visionaries. From formal meetings to casual evening events, at WPC you can expand your network’s reach and make the connections your business needs to succeed. WPC 2016 is in Toronto, Canada from July 10–14.
- US Channel Chief, Stephen Boyle, invites you to WPC 2016
- Introducing a new content experience at WPC 2016
- We’re planning amazing experiences for US partners – download the United States agenda
- Nominate your company for a 2016 Partner of the Year Award
If you have a Microsoft Action Pack or Microsoft competency, you have Internal Use Rights for cloud services that include Office 365 and Microsoft Azure. They give your organization firsthand knowledge of product features and capabilities—knowledge that can help you close cloud deals. You can use your benefits for internal business use, customer demo, internal dev/test, and internal training. Through the end of June, take advantage of two offers from the Microsoft Partner Network and SkyKick that help you utilize your benefits.
- Deploy your business to Office 365 with free use of SkyKick Migration Suite (Offer ends June 30. Terms and conditions apply)
- Free use of SkyKick Cloud Backup for Office 365, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint (Offer ends June 30. Terms and conditions apply)
- Learn more about the Internal Use Rights (IUR) benefit for partners
Profitability is the cornerstone for partner growth, valuation, and longevity. Building and sustaining profitability continues to be top of mind for partners as cloud momentum and cloud spending increase and more cloud opportunities open up. US partner profitability expert, Sharon Lee, created a short, fun, useful list of concepts and resources about profitability that you can start using today.
- Read our guide to profitability concepts and resources
- Overview of the market opportunity for cloud, fundamentals, and partner evidence
- Four steps to build trust and long-term relationships with customers
Sign up for Skype for Business sales and technical training in March and April. Whether you need the basics, or an in-depth look at the new enterprise capabilities, there is a variety of offerings to meet your needs. If you have an Office 365 practice, you’ll want to be knowledgeable and skilled about meeting broadcast, PSTN conferencing, and modern voice with Cloud PBX—now available in Office 365 Enterprise E5.
- See the current schedule of Skype for Business training
- March 29–30: Skype for Business Online Academy (technical) [Also offered April 27–28]
- April 5 in Atlanta, Georgia: Drumbeat Start for Skype for Business (sales)
- April 6–8 in Atlanta, Georgia: Skype for Business Partner Technical Airlift (technical)
- Skype for Business on-demand training
Companies that transform data into intelligent action are outperforming their competitors and will be the businesses of the future. Hear Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft business leaders, and customers share how data insights are driving business transformation.
- Add this event to your calendar
- Get an overview of SQL Server 2016 and resources
- New Data & Analytics Partner Community
- SQL Server 2005 end of support is April 12 – help your customers move to a modern data platform
In today’s rapidly changing marketplace, IT buyers are more connected, more informed, and have higher expectations than ever. Understanding how cloud customers buy, and ensuring that your marketing efforts align to those behaviors and set up your sales team for success, is critical. On the Smart Partner Marketing website, start by assessing your company’s marketing practices to get tailored recommendations for what to do next. You’ll also find marketing training, easy-to-implement tips, ModernBiz resources, and more.
- Go to the Smart Partner Marketing website
- How to speak with today’s new technology buyer
- Aligning your company’s branding and positioning with Microsoft
- Read the MPN marketing blog series
- Join the Marketing SureStep office hours (download the calendar invite)
One of the most valuable benefits of the Microsoft Partner Network is that it’s a vast network of partners with diverse capabilities, knowledge, and solutions. Working together, partners can help care for a customer’s lifecycle end-to-end, and deliver a full customer solution.
- Read more about strategic partnerships from Gavriella Schuster
- Learn about the P2P Maturity Model Playbook and associated training and resources from the IAMCP
- Join the Microsoft Partner to Partner Networking Community Yammer network
- WPC 2016 brings the best of the Microsoft partner community together
- Make connections with Dynasource.com
Stay on track with your training goals. Microsoft offers in-person and virtual training, as well as informational webcasts, topical office hours, and community calls. Most training is offered at no cost to partners. Try these resources to find the training and other resources to build your business, sales, and technical knowledge.
- The Hot Sheet training schedule includes listings through April 2016
- Get started with the new Partner University on-demand training platform
- Register for Cloud Platform University
- Register for Data Platform University
- Find on-demand technical training on Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Download our one-page partner training reference sheet
The Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience (CIE) is a true-to-life user experience that takes customers through common, work-related scenarios. It gives them a first-hand look at the Windows 10 experience and the features of the new Office across a devices, including tablets, PCs, and smartphones. You can become a CIE partner and gain access to the resources to facilitate conversations with customers that help you uncover new opportunities, close deals, and encourage cloud adoption.
- Become a CIE partner
- Use the recently updated Cloud Adoption Profitability Playbook
- Meet requirements for the performance-driven competencies
Recent research by IDC indicates that there is immense value in hiring certified individuals, and in helping your employees get certified. From boosting productivity to increasing your time to market for new applications and product features, certifications benefit your business.