Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
As the technology buyer profile, and the ways that technology buyers interact with the sales process, change, your sales approach and sales conversations have to evolve as well. In this blog post, Gavriella Schuster provides insights based on her recent conversations with partners and customers.
- Tips for the new conversation that position you for long-term success
- ModernBiz resources provide you with conversation starters
- Best practices for creating customer lifetime value
- Partner Marketing Center campaigns
The WPC 2016 United States agenda is available to view and download from our WPC Yammer group. As you plan your conference attendance, save the date of Tuesday, July 12 for the Microsoft North America keynote in the afternoon and US Celebration in the evening. Details about times and locations for these and other US partner activities will be published over the next few weeks as we approach the conference.
- View and download the US agenda for WPC 2016
- Join the WPC group in the US Partner Community on Yammer
- Follow @wpcus on Twitter for real-time updates about US activities, registration, awards, sessions, and more
- Watch videos of the WPC 2015 US partner experience and MSNA keynote
The Partner of the Year Awards program is your opportunity to showcase the solutions you’ve built on Microsoft technologies that benefit our mutual customers. Receiving an award positions your company for new business opportunities, differentiates you from the competition, generates positive press coverage, and can increase your market recognition. The submission tool is open now through April 7. For award categories and definitions, eligibility, executive summary questions to address in your submission, and optional components of your entry, download the guidelines document. We hope to see you recognized on stage at #WPC16. Good luck!
- Download the awards guidelines
- Download official rules, awards FAQ, writing tips, and advice from past judges
Recent changes to Microsoft FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Microsoft Office 365 make it easier for smaller customers to adopt and use their cloud services. More customers on Office 365 means more opportunities for partners to deliver high-value services such as business process consulting, managed services, Line of Business integration, and app development.
- Register for the February 24 call
- Read the announcement about the recent changes
- Drumbeat Start for SMB video (22 minutes)
- FastTrack on the MPN portal
- FastTrack Yammer group for US partners
Learn how to plan for and deploy the new Skype for Business Online Services such as Cloud PBX and PSTN Conferencing, Skype Meeting Broadcast, and Hybrid Voice during this free, in-depth, level 300 technical training for IT Pros and Presales Technical Specialists.
- Register for February 24–25
- Register for March 29–30
- Partner Technical Services benefits for Microsoft Office 365
- The Skype Show: Episode 1 – Cloud, Media & Adoption
- First look at Cloud PBX and PSTN meetings in Skype for Business
On the February community call for Windows partners, Steve Adams will talk about the Windows lifecycle and support, and will be joined by Annie Jonas for a discussion about Windows Accelerate. Use code MPN to register.
- Register for the February 26 call
- Windows lifecycle fact sheet
- March 1–3 (3 hrs/day): Windows 10 tech series covering Windows as a Service, deployment, provisioning, and more
- Windows 10 technical training on Microsoft Virtual Academy
Learn about your options for membership in the Microsoft Partner Network, and the associated benefits you receive, like internal use rights, technical support, marketing materials, and more. Our MPN 101 resources explain program basics and provide you with links to get further details about your areas of interest. Whether your company is new to MPN, or you are new to your company that’s already participating in MPN, we’ll help you get started so you can make the most of your membership.
- Go to the MPN 101 online guide
- Review our How to stay informed guide
- March 16: New Partner Orientation call
On the March calls for developer partners, Microsoft and partner subject-matter experts will share guidance, tips, and best practices for building a strong marketing engine that will help you attract prospective customers. From crafting your company’s value proposition to effective networking to social platforms, these will be conversations that benefit your business.
- See the March schedule of community calls
- Marketing resources for ISVs
- Marketplaces for selling your app
- Learn about MPN investments in developer partners
- Visual Studio subscriptions for Microsoft partners
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella will be joined by Scott Guthrie, Joseph Sirosh, and Judson Althoff for this live virtual event. Companies that transform data into intelligent action are outperforming their competitors and will be the businesses of the future.
- Add the event to your calendar
- Sign up for early access to SQL Server 2016 sessions from engineering experts before the live, virtual event
- SQL Server 2016
- New Data & Analytics Partner Community
- SQL Server 2005 end of support is April 12 – help your customers move to a modern data platform
Whether you’re ready to start, or ready to scale, your Office 365 business, there is an SMB Live event for you. Choose from one of two events in each city. Build your Office 365 practice is for partners new to selling cloud solutions, and Expand your Office 365 practice with Microsoft multi-cloud solutions is for partners with established Office 365 practices that want to add other Microsoft cloud solutions like Microsoft Azure, Enterprise Mobility Suite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and SQL Server.
- Partial schedule below – see the full schedule with events through April
- Cloud SureStep resources help you capitalize on the cloud opportunity
- Not sure where to start with your cloud plan? Follow these four steps
- Add new business offerings for long-term sustainability
SMB Live partial schedule (more events here)
|Build your Office 365 practice||Expand your Office 365 practice with Microsoft multi-cloud solutions|
|February 23 in Fort Lauderdale, FL||February 24 in Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|February 23 in Nashville, TN||February 24 in Nashville, TN|
|February 23 in Boston, MA||February 24 in Boston, MA|
|February 24 in Minneapolis, MN||February 25 in Minneapolis, MN|
|March 8 in San Francisco, CA||March 9 in San Francisco, CA|
|March 9 in Detroit, MI||March 10 in Detroit, MI|
|March 9 in Philadelphia, PA||March 10 in Philadelphia, PA|
|March 9 in Raleigh, NC||March 10 in Raleigh, NC|