Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
Microsoft Channel Chief, Phil Sorgen, talks about the economic impact of the Internet of Things (IoT) and what that means for Microsoft and its partners. With forecasts in the billions for connected “things,” and in the trillions for dollars spent, IoT and the business intelligence opportunities associated with it will be big. Learn how you can position your business to make the most of this massive opportunity.
- Read the blog post by Phil Sorgen
- Connect with Microsoft device partners
- Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
- Azure IoT practice-building portal (requires sign in as an MPN member)
Showcase the solutions you’ve built on Microsoft technologies to benefit our mutual customers and win recognition for your successes. Receiving a Partner of the Year Award positions your company for new business opportunities, differentiates you from the competition, generates positive press coverage and can lead to even greater market recognition. The Partner of the Year Award submission tool opens on February 18 and closes on April 7 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Download and review materials including the eligibility requirements and questions, official rules, and frequently asked questions
- Chris Hertz from New Signature, the 2015 US Country Partner of the Year, shared his insights on stage at WPC in Orlando
- Twenty-one US partner companies were Partner of the Year Award winners in 2015—meet them in this short, fun video
Microsoft has made partner profitability a priority, making several tools and resources about the topic available that help partner companies transition to the cloud. Where should you start? On the US Partner Community blog, Sharon Lee tells you about four tools that take you through the process of assessing your current business, deciding how to differentiate, defining your cloud offering and financial model, and documenting your cloud business plan.
- Read about the four profitability tools and associated steps for using them
- Get advice and guidance from Microsoft experts and partners that have profitable cloud businesses
- Encouraging customer adoption of Microsoft cloud services helps you retain customers and increase profitability
When your customers use their cloud services on a regular basis, realize the value of the service, and the service becomes critical to their daily lives and work, that’s cloud adoption. By focusing on cloud adoption, you can create a continuous cloud revenue stream; increase customer satisfaction, retention, and loyalty; and extend your opportunities with customers. The Cloud Adoption Profitability Playbook explains cloud adoption for Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS).
- Download the Cloud Adoption Profitability Playbook
- Use FastTrack to help customers plan and prepare for their move to the cloud
- Get the details about Adoption Offers for Office 365, Cloud PBX, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS)
- Technical presales and deployment assistance can help increase cloud services consumption
Windows 10 has been deployed to businesses all over the world. This advanced technical training focuses on the infrastructure used to support Windows 10 in the enterprise. Developed by two Microsoft Valuable Professionals with deep Windows deployment and systems management expertise, Mikael Nystrom and Johan Arwidmark, this training will cover real-world scenarios and include practical guidance. This is a six-session course, with each session two hours in length. Register with code MPN..
- Register for the six-session workshop (use code MPN to register)
- Windows 10 tech series, March 1–3
- Windows technical courses on Microsoft Virtual Academy
- New Windows and Devices competency coming soon
- Downloads and tools for Windows 10 on the Windows Dev Center
If you are deploying one or more of the components of Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS), Microsoft Intune, or Azure Active Directory Premium, consider attaining the Enterprise Mobility Management competency. Join Chinmayi Bhavanishankar for an in-depth look at this competency’s requirements and benefits, and get an estimated timeline for attainment. Members of the MPN Support team and competency subject-matter experts will be available to answer partner questions.
- Download the calendar file with call details from Yammer
- Learn more about how to get started with the cloud competencies
- New ways you can be recognized for your work with customers
- Enterprise Mobility Management competency
- Enterprise Mobility Management competency learning paths
Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) is a software-as-a-service management offering that works with any cloud. Designed for hybrid cloud management, OMS allows you to manage workloads across Windows, Linux, private, hybrid, and public clouds, and lets you onboard and integrate resources quickly.
- Register for the February 18 community call
- Video: Setting up your first OMS workspace
- Identify, assess, and mitigate security risks using OMS
- Microsoft Operations Management Suite overview
Internal use benefits for Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and Windows 10 (upgrade only) are available to partners with an Action Pack subscription or competency. They give your organization firsthand knowledge of product features and capabilities. You can use your benefits for internal business use, customer demo, internal dev/test, and internal training.
- Learn more about the Internal Use Rights (IUR) benefit for partners
- Watch our Internal Use Rights activation calls for Azure, Office 365, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Activate and assign Office 365 internal-use rights licenses
- Activate Microsoft Azure internal-use rights licenses
- Activate and assign Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online internal-use rights licenses
- Activate Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) internal-use rights licenses
- Deploy your business to Office 365 with free use of SkyKick Migration Suite (Offer ends June 30. Terms and conditions apply)
- Free use of SkyKick Cloud Backup for Office 365, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint (Offer ends June 30. Terms and conditions apply)
Marketing is important to every partner business. Keeping your brand, services, and solutions visible to existing customers and introducing them to prospects is an ongoing investment that’s worth making. On the Smart Partner Marketing websites, learn about customer buying habits and trends, assess your current marketing approach, and find training and tips.
- Smart Partner Marketing site
- Smart Partner Marketing for ISVs and Application Builders site
- Marketing topics blog posts
- Pre-made, tailored marketing content
- More marketing resources on the MPN portal
Find out what’s available, what’s rolling out, and what’s in develop for Office 365 and the Cloud Platform, including cloud infrastructure, enterprise mobility, data management and analytics, application development, and Azure IoT Suite.