Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
Recent changes to Microsoft FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Microsoft Office 365 make it easier for smaller customers to adopt and use their cloud services. The FastTrack customer success service now supports SMB customers starting at 50 seats, and the Adoption Offer has been expanded to include payouts for customer purchases starting at 50 seats and extended to June 30. The resources below will help you understand the details of these changes and get guidance for how you can use the newly updated FastTrack web experience with your customers to plan and prepare them for their move to the cloud.
- Announcement by Gavriella Schuster in the Worldwide Partner Group
- Drumbeat Start for SMB video (22 minutes)
- FastTrack on the MPN portal
- FastTrack Yammer group for US partners
- Office 365 roadmap (FastTrack updates are included on the roadmap)
The 2016 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference is one of four Microsoft global flagship events. Each year, WPC brings together the best of the Microsoft partner community from around the world and provides opportunities to learn, network, and connect. Partner business decision makers and emerging leaders, as well as partner sales and marketing professionals, will benefit by attending.
- Find out why WPC is the essential event for Microsoft partners
- Watch conference highlights from WPC 2015
- Visit our logistics page and learn about our WPC 2016 host city, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Interested in sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities? Get the prospectus
- Follow @wpcus on Twitter to stay informed about Partner of the Year Awards, US partner activities, and more
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) is the fastest growing product in the history of Microsoft. When paired with Office 365, EMS delivers an empowering work environment for users that protects corporate assets. As users continue to be more mobile, use more devices, and use more cloud apps, the enterprise mobility management market is changing. Learn how EMS helps organizations address user needs today and for the future.
- Brad Anderson provides a comprehensive overview of Microsoft EMS in this video
- Partner webcast series to help you build and accelerate your enterprise mobility practice
- Self-paced 300/400-level technical training for Microsoft EMS deployment
- Enterprise Mobility Management competency
- Enterprise Mobility Management competency learning paths
Cloud Platform University Online offers interactive, scenario-based online training. Each course is delivered over a four-week timeframe, and engages participants in an orchestrated set of learning experiences that include video, expert instruction, customer case study, discussion forum, and applied assignments. Between now and the end of June, there will be 10 courses offered. Registration is free, and participants complete assignments and activities at their own pace during the course timeframe.
- Learn more about the Cloud Platform University Online experience and register for upcoming courses
- Sales excellence webcasts introduce you to a wide variety of Microsoft products and technologies
- Interested in data platform sales training? See the learning path
- We publish and regularly update the Hot Sheet training schedule so you can plan ahead
The Microsoft Partner Network is investing in developer partners, and the opportunity for developers, IP providers, and ISVs at Microsoft is continuing to grow. Join Sharon Lee from the US Partner Team for a new series of community calls that will explain MPN resources, provide you with best practices for partner-to-partner connection, and more.
- Make your big idea a reality with the Microsoft Action Pack
- Register for calls on February 11, February 18, and March 3
- How to overcome three common challenges of app development
- Learn about MPN investments in developer partners
- Visit the new ISV and Application Builder Center
The solutions around how businesses collect, store, analyze, utilize, and protect data offers partners a significant business opportunity. A new blog series by Microsoft data platform expert Jonathan Gardner explores the products and technologies that help customers manage and get business insights from one of their most valuable corporate assets. This month’s focus is on SQL Server 2016.
- Read the introductory blog post for the new Data & Analytics Partner Community
- SQL Server 2016 Preview – get an early look
- Resources for SQL Server 2005 upgrades, as end of support on April 12 nears
- Join the Data Platform and Advanced Analytics Partner Yammer group
Register for an upcoming SMB Live roadshow event in a US city near you. Choose from one of two events in each city. Build Your Office 365 Practice is for partners new to selling cloud solutions, and Expand Your Office 365 Practice with Microsoft Multi-Cloud Solutions is for partners with established Office 365 practices that want to add other Microsoft cloud solutions like Microsoft Azure, Enterprise Mobility Suite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and SQL Server.
- See all SMB Live events cities and dates, plus agenda and other event details
- US SMB Partner Center resources
- CSP Concierge office hours
The International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners (IAMCP) has developed a comprehensive and practical how-to approach to mastering the skills and discipline necessary for developing and sustaining successful partnerships.
- Learn about the P2P Maturity Model Playbook and associated training and resources
- Join the Microsoft Partner to Partner Networking Community Yammer network
So far in the Cloud Competency Attainment call series, three of the five cloud competencies have been covered. If you’re a partner with an Office 365 or Microsoft Azure focus, the in-depth calls for those competencies are available on demand. Up next, Cloud Customer Relationship Management (CRM) on February 10, and Enterprise Mobility Management on February 17.
- Call details for Cloud CRM and Enterprise Mobility Management competencies
- On-demand cloud competency attainment videos
- How to earn credit toward cloud competency attainment
- Building a cloud CRM business
- Enterprise Mobility Management competency
Microsoft Partner Technical Services provides your core Microsoft Partner Network membership technical benefits, as well as incremental paid support offerings. Attend technical training that helps you build technical presales and deployment capabilities; get technical presales assistance that can help you win more deals; and utilize advisory services that include design and implementation guidance, migration and deployment planning, and more.
- Learn what Support benefits your company may be eligible for
- Get details about technical training, technical presales assistance, and advisory services
- Signature Cloud Support offers qualified cloud competency partners an elevated level of technical support for Microsoft cloud products
- New Advanced Support for Partners is cloud support at an accessible price point
- Premier Support for Partners offers comprehensive support for partners with highly complex customers