by Jenny Kordell, US Cloud Partner Incentives Lead
Earlier this year, Microsoft introduced a new online capability that automates how you are attached as the Partner of Record for the subscriptions you are actively managing for customers for Office 365, Microsoft Intune, CRM Online, and Enterprise Mobility Suite. Digital Partner of Record (POR) improves your experience and your customer’s experience, reduce your cost of doing business with us and helping to ease issues and escalations you faced when using the previous OSA Form method.
The new capability allows us to recognize partners for the subscriptions they are deploying, and will impact partners with regard to the Online Services Advisor Deploy Incentives as well as for how sales goals requirements for silver and gold competencies are calculated.
What partners need to do
Sign into your Online Services Partner Dashboard to view the customers for which you are currently the Partner of Record. Then, work with your current customers to attach you as their Online Services Partner Advisor of Record for each subscription you actively manage by December 31. This date was previously September 30, but has now been extended until December 31, 2015.
For new Enterprise Agreement (EA) deals, switch to the Digital POR attach. As of May 1, 2015, that is the only method for which partners can be recognized as the Partner of Record.
Incentives information and support resources:
- Review the Online Services Advisor Deploy Incentives FAQ
- Connect with an MPN Support agent in the Partner Incentives forum (sign in to the Partner Support Community for access)
- Join the US Partner Incentives and Investments Yammer group, where you can get regular updates and ask questions
- Email the support team at OCINA@microsoft.com
Partner office hours for Online Services Advisor incentives
On the first Thursday of each month, join the office hours for the Online Services Advisor Incentives program, where you can get your questions about cloud incentives (including questions about Digital POR) answered, stay informed about program updates, and learn about program policies.
Office hours schedule:
- June 4, 10:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time
July 2, 10:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time(cancelled, and replaced with July 9 call)
- July 9, 10:30AM–12:00PM Pacific Time – details and calendar file here
- August 6, 10:00AM – 11:00AM Pacific Time
- September 3, 10:00AM – 11:00AM Pacific Time
Changes to the schedule are shared in our US Partner Incentives and Investments group on the US Partner Community Yammer network.