Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners this week. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
Introducing Windows 10 editions
Windows 10 is coming this summer, and will deliver a more personal computing experience across a range of devices, powering everything from PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One, Microsoft HoloLens, and Surface Hub. Different Windows editions are tailored for various device families and uses. Learn about the different editions and how they will address the needs of every customer—from consumers to small businesses to the largest enterprises.
- Read about Windows 10 editions on Blogging Windows
- Learn about genuine Windows and Windows 10
- Visit the Windows Dev Center for Windows 10
Drumbeat Start – Fresh new Office 365 sales training on demand
Take your sales to the next level with the new Drumbeat Start level 100 course. By going through this on-demand virtual series, partner sales professionals will learn fundamentals and get insights that help generate Office 365 opportunities, increase Office 365 adoption, and create recurring revenue for their practices.
Sales and Licensing Excellence webcasts: accelerate your sales and close deals
Sales, licensing, and marketing professionals can prepare for customer conversations by attending our Sales and Licensing Excellence webcasts. Our webcasts will help you build knowledge about Microsoft products and technologies so you can explain to customers how Microsoft-based solutions can meet their business needs. Learn more about our Excellence webcasts, and watch previous webcasts on demand.
- May 20: Making Money with Microsoft Cloud – Insights from a Microsoft Reseller
- May 21: How to Close the Quarter Strong with EAPacket and the MPSA
- May 22: Driving a Strategic Discussion With Your Customer Around the Microsoft Cloud for Business
June 2–3 in Redmond, WA: Windows 10 Preflight Summit
Get an early look at Windows 10 and learn about its core infrastructure at the Windows 10 Preflight Summit. During this two-day, level 200-300 technical training, you’ll learn about Windows deployment, management, identity, security, and networking through presentations and demos. Use code MPN6435 when registering.
- Register for this in-person training (use code MPN6435)
- If you are unable to access the registration page, and are using Internet Explorer 11, it may be due to recent security updates. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, and enable TLS 1.2 and SSL 3.0
Earn your Azure certification – prepare with these strategies
The US Partner Technology Strategy team shares their tips for identifying which Azure certification is right for you, and building a study plan that fits your learning style. Plus, they have compiled a list of Azure-specific learning resources.
Azure Partner Community: May focus on adding CRM Online to your Microsoft practice
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online can go beyond sales force automation as a development platform that helps you deliver differentiated and compelling online customer experiences. By combining CRM Online with Microsoft Azure, which offers world-class cloud computing power, you find the platform to create powerful line of business applications.
- Register for the May 21 Azure Partner Community call
- Part 1 – Introduction
- Part 2 – How CRM Online helps increase Azure adoption and usage
- Part 3 – How to get started with CRM Online as an Azure partner
Transforming your partner business for the new era at WPC 2015
On Tuesday, July 14 at WPC 2015, join Judson Althoff, President of Microsoft North America, for a dynamic General Session about how to capitalize on new opportunities brought about by technology advancements for the Cloud Platform, Cloud Productivity, Enterprise Social, and Mobility.
- Read the blog post by Judson Althoff
- Save the date for the MSNA General Session and US Celebration (calendar file)
- Download the WPC 2015 United States agenda
Office 365 Community call on demand: adding CRM Online to your Microsoft practice
By combining CRM Online with Microsoft Office 365, which offers the freedom to work from anywhere on any device, you realize the power of cloud productivity that helps businesses save time and money, and simplifies cross-application integration. Partners with an Office 365 practice today are well positioned to expand their practice to include CRM Online, and address the needs of customers that are looking for a comprehensive productivity solution that includes Office 365, CRM Online, Power BI, and Skype for Business.
- Blog post #1 – Introduction
- Blog post #2 – How CRM Online helps increase Office 365 adoption and usage
- Watch the May 7 community call online
May 2015 Security Bulletin summary
As part of our regular release of security updates on the second Tuesday of each month, we released 13 bulletins on May 12. We encourage customers to apply all of these updates.
- Review the security bulletin summary
- Visit the Microsoft Security Response Center
- Learn about the latest issue of the Microsoft Security Intelligence Report
Download the latest compete resources
New battlecards are available to help you differentiate yourself from the competition. Get the key points for winning against each competitor, learn what questions to ask your customer, and find additional resources. Sign in to the MPN portal for access. Get the new battlecards.
Partner calendar through May 29
Refer to the May Hot Sheet for a comprehensive, frequently updated training list covering the next several weeks. See our new weekly post on the US Partner Learning blog, where we highlight upcoming training and training-related resources.
Week of May 18
Monday, May 18
- Build Tour in New York, NY
- Azure Site Recovery Live Demo Series – vCenter to vCenter
Tuesday, May 19
- Pathway to Profitability with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online in Downers Grow, IL
- Windows 10 Learning Series: Windows 10 Security
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: A Developer's Guide to Windows 10 (May 19–21)
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: Bring Scale, Agility And Global Access to Your Business Apps with Azure RemoteApp
- Skype for Business: Meeting and Video
- Customer Lifecycle Management Academy Class 3- Enhance profitability through intelligence
Wednesday, May 20
- Build Tour in Atlanta, GA
- Sales and Licensing Excellence webcast: Making Money with Microsoft Cloud — Insights from a Microsoft Reseller
- Cloud Profitability Webcast: Driving Shareholder Value
- Office 365 Initial Journey: Exchange Online & Lync Online – Technical Overview
Thursday, May 21
- Azure Partner Community Call
- Pathway to Profitability with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Enterprise Mobility for every SMB
- Windows Deployment Masters Workshop
- SMB Marketing SureStep office hours
- Customer Lifecycle Management Academy Class 4: Rev up your renewals with CLM
- Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB
Friday, May 22
Week of May 25
Tuesday, May 26
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: Yammer, Delve, Sway and Revolve
- Demo and Pitch Office 365 Like a Pro
- Skype for Business: Server Core & Voice Improvements
- Keeping Windows 10 Current
Wednesday, May 27
- Pathway to Profitability with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online in Dallas, TX
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Practice Accelerator
- Cloud Profitability Webcast: Planning Your Cloud Transition — Microsoft Cloud Services and Lifetime Customer Value
Thursday, May 28
Friday, May 29