Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners this week. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
Reminder: Partner of the Year Awards submissions close April 14
It’s time to review, edit, and polish your company’s submission for the 2015 Partner of the Year Awards. The submission tool will close at 11:59PM Pacific Time on April 14. As you finalize your entry, take a look at the advice from past judges and guidance from a partner about submitting your best nomination. Good luck!
Cloud Profitability webcasts in April focus on business models and transition planning
The rise of cloud and hybrid cloud services means that partners with more traditional business models must evolve their businesses. Each Wednesday in April, the Cloud Profitability webcast will focus on business models and transition planning. Learn about the business models that best suit the cloud from our experts, and how to prepare your business. Register for the series.
New! Office 365 Active Usage Playbook
The guidance in this playbook will help you increase active usage of Office 365 with your customers. You’ll find best practices, resources, tools, and templates you can use to guide customers through Office 365 deployment and adoption. For access to this download, sign in as an MPN member. Download the playbook.
Get hands-on with Microsoft Azure: understanding your benefits and options
In part 1 of our three-part series about Azure benefits for partners, Frank Campise from the US National Partner Technology Strategy team provides you with an overview of the programs in place that help you get your hands on Azure to build your skills and proficiency.
- Part 1 – Benefits and options overview
- Part 2 – Azure benefits for partners with an MPN competency
- Part 3 – Signature Cloud Support benefit (coming soon)
Windows and Devices partner update
US Windows Partner Lead, Pang Ngernsapaluck, shares an update for partners about Windows 10 resources and training, Windows Accelerate funding for mid-market customers, WPC 2015 and the Partner of the Year Awards, and Windows 8.1 Start screen setup guides. Learn more.
Office 365 Partner Community: Skype for Business hybrid environment
It’s time for partners to get ready for Skype for Business, in preparation for general availability of the client, server, and online service in April. In this community blog post by Michael Panciroli, learn why an organization might need a Skype for Business hybrid environment and find resources to help you get started. This is part 3 of our Office 365 Partner Community blog series about Office 365 hybrid.
- Part 1 – Introduction to Office 365 hybrid
- Part 2 – Exchange Hybrid environment
- Part 3 – Skype for Business hybrid environment
- March 5 community call presentation on demand
April 2: Office 365 Partner Community call about Enterprise Social
The latest worker productivity innovations weave social into the tools we use everyday and make them easy to use, frictionless, and contextual, so you can get things done. In this month’s Office 365 Partner Community call, you’ll learn about the latest Microsoft innovations for sharing, collaborating, and finding answers quickly within an organization. Register for the call and read the community blog posts.
Enabling Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online partners to do more
Learn about the services available to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online partners to help them further their businesses. IUR activation assistance, Office 365 integration workshops, Signature Cloud Support, and more are offered as benefits to eligible partners. Learn more.
Bring data and apps to life for users: join our Windows Apportal experience selling office hours
Built on top of Windows 8.1, Apportals organize and reveal data and apps needed for a specific role or task. Starting April 8, attend a one-hour Windows Apportal Experience Selling office hours call hosted by Microsoft experts. During this hour, you’ll learn how to get started creating customer-specific scenarios. There is a standing agenda for these calls. Learn more.
Partner calendar through April 10
Week of March 30–April 3
Monday, March 30
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: How to Talk to Your Customers about Skype for Business – Level 200
- Digital Partner of Record for Online Services Training
- Ask the Experts Messaging: MultiOrg architectures
- Azure Site Recovery Live Demo Series
Tuesday, March 31
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Philadelphia, PA
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Houston, TX
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: How to Get Access to Microsoft Cloud Offerings
- Overview of Windows 10 for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
Wednesday, April 1
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Philadelphia, PA
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Houston, TX
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Announcing Enterprise Mobility for Every SMB
- Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Initial Journey
- Pre-Sales Accelerator Cloud Services
- Cloud Profitability Webcast: Current Business Model
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Package Management and Workflow Automation
- Office 365 Initial Journey: Introduction to Office 365 Services, Plans, and Internal User Rights
Thursday, April 2
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Office 365 Partner Community Call – focus on Enterprise Social
- Microsoft Online Services Advisor Office Hours: Web-Direct and Deploy Incentives
- Partner Technical Services: Labs on Azure
- SMB Marketing SureStep office hours
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: Pursuing the Windows Per User Licensing Opportunity – Level 100
Week of April 6–10
Monday, April 6
Tuesday, April 7
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: Office 365 and Azure Identity Integration
- First Steps Day 1: Introduction to Dynamics CRM Online (Sales Productivity), Administration, Pricing & Licensing
- Windows 10 for Phone in the Enterprise
- Partner Technical Services: Different Data Storage Options on Microsoft Azure
- Introduction to Dynamics CRM Online (Sales Productivity), Administration, Pricing & Licensing
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Developing Solutions with Azure DocumentDB
- Partner Technical Services: Leverage Azure IaaS for SharePoint Distaster Recovery
Wednesday, April 8
- Cloud Profitability Webcast: Cloud Business Options
- Windows Apportals office hours
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Data on Azure – A Technology Overview
- Partner Technical Services: Azure Websites and Scalability Options
- Office 365 Initial Journey: How to Perform Your Best Office 365 Demo and Leverage the FastTrack Program
Thursday, April 9
- SMB Marketing SureStep office hours
- Partner Technical Services: Introduction to the Azure Starter Kit
Friday, April 10