by Pang Ngernsupaluck, US Windows Partner Lead
Momentum is building for Windows 10, the mobile platform for the cloud-first world. Many partners have told us their customers have started to ask them about Windows 10. I’m pleased to announce that partner-ready resources are now available so that you can start planning your marketing, initiating sales conversations, and building your technical skills and knowledge.
New! Windows 10 partner resources
Here are some of the ways Windows can help your partner business grow. Learn more about each of these on the new Windows 10 page on the MPN portal.
- Unlock device opportunities
- Accelerate your cloud services attach
- Increase ROI from your infrastructure services
- Enhance your app profitability
- Capture new licensing opportunities
Take action today and equip yourself with these resources:
These resources are available for technically focused roles:
Windows Accelerate for mid-market customers
The Windows Accelerate Program is now extended to mid-market customer opportunities, enabling smaller scale Proofs of Concept (5–100 devices) and available through the Partner Incentives Engine (PIE). Qualified customers may be eligible to receive up to $13,000 in through-partner funding and resources. Migrate Windows XP and Windows 7 customers by prepping them for device deployments, IE migration, or application POCs.
- Windows Enterprise Proof of Concept – $3,000 per engagement for customers evaluating Windows 8.1 Enterprise on their Path to Windows 10
- Windows Mobility Proof of Concept - $10,000 per engagement for customers developing a mobile strategy for Windows Tablets using the Enterprise Mobility Suite
WPC 2015 registration
Registration is open for the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference, July 12–16 in Orlando, Florida. Join Microsoft and the Microsoft partner community and experience a week of networking opportunities, business building thought leadership, and the chance to hear insights from the leaders, innovators, and industry visionaries.
CEO Satya Nadella, COO Kevin Turner, and other senior Microsoft executives will excite and energize you in our Vision Keynotes. Tracks this year are tailored to your business, based on how you Innovate and Engage with your customers, and Transform your business for the future. We have created fewer, more targeted sessions, enabling you to more easily find the content that will help you identify new opportunities and drive your profitability.
- Save the date of Tuesday, July 14 for the US General Session and US Celebration at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort
- See the Conference agenda
- Learn about the WPC 2015 Partner Celebration on Wednesday, July 15 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
2015 Partner of the Year Awards
Partner of the Year Award nominations are open through April 14. Receiving a Partner of the Year Award can help create new business opportunities, generate positive press coverage, and can even lead to greater market recognition. Get all of the resources you need to prepare, write, and submit a nomination for your company from our WPC 2015 Awards page.
Windows-related Partner of the Year Award categories include:
- Windows 8 Custom App Developer
- Application Development Competency
- Devices and Deployment Competency
Windows 8.1 Start screen setup guides
Unique out-of-the-box and app experiences can light up the high-value scenarios on Windows devices your customers love. The guides highlight these key scenarios, and provide instructions for setting up the start screens and using sample LOB applications available on the Windows Store.
The Windows 8.1 start screen setup guides are available for these industries: Retail, Education, Financial Services, Government, Health, Manufacturing, and Transportation.