Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners this week. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
You’re invited: Save the date of July 14 for US partner activities at WPC 2015
Your success in today’s mobile-first, cloud-first world will be a key topic at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Orlando, Florida this July. At WPC 2015, you’ll hear from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and in our day of US sessions, the Microsoft US team will provide you with a deeper look and guidance about how we move forward together. Register for WPC 2015 today.
New opportunities emerge for cloud service providers
According to a new study, nearly 70 percent of the opportunity for cloud service providers now centers on application hosting (email and business applications), managed services (backup and disaster recovery), and security services (threat management). Read more.
Bring the benefits of Office 365 to life for your customers through experience selling
US Partner Enablement Director, Scott Akin, shares how you can utilize the rich, experience-oriented sales content developed for MEC (Microsoft Experience Center), our immersion experience for Office 365. Through the PACE program, you complete two training requirements for access to content and our MEC platform. Get started today.
Application builder resources for ISVs
Microsoft has the resources and tools to help ISVs build, certify, and bring your applications to market. Find what you need from Microsoft based on where you are in the application development cycle. Explore your resources.
Get ready for Skype for Business
Skype for Business delivers an expanded Lync feature set and enterprise-grade security, compliance and control to IT. The technical preview of the Skype for Business client is now available, and the new client, server, and online service will become generally available starting in April. The tech preview gives current Lync customers a chance to trial Skype for Business and get ready to upgrade. Read more.
Get more qualified leads through the new Microsoft Pinpoint
New and profitable customers can find you more easily through Microsoft Pinpoint. The new Pinpoint Partner Center makes it easy to create, manage, and update your profile to increase your online visibility and showcase your capabilities and expertise. Get the latest tips for making Pinpoint work for you from our Pinpoint expert, Jennifer Tomlinson. Read more.
Week of March 23: SMB Live events in Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, Tampa
This year’s SMB Live events include a day of new in-depth and hands-on marketing content, and a day of 300-level technical training to modernize your organization’s technical skills and marketing capabilities. You’ll leave with the tools you need for cloud business growth and to be prepared to help modernize your SMB customers to Office 365 and hybrid cloud with Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V, and Windows Server 2012 R2. Register for upcoming events in March and April.
March 26–27: Last chance to take the Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB at no cost
Learn the fundamental deployment principles and processes that lead to repeatable successful deployments of Office 365 for small and medium business customers. You’ll get an introduction to your Office 365 opportunities, guidance for getting started, and coverage of Office 365 services.
- Register for March 26–27 (take this option at no cost)
- Register for April 16–17 (cost: 5 Advisory Hours)
- Register for May 21–22 (cost: 5 Advisory Hours)
April 2: Office 365 Partner Community call – Focus on Enterprise Social
Join the US Office 365 Partner community call. Each month we’ll look at a specific topic related to Office 365 and how you can build a practice around it, sell more of it, and implement with success. The focus is on Enterprise Social. Register today.
Buy back time by spending your advisory hours
Your MPN membership benefits can bring real value to your business, your work life, and even your personal life. Learn how Bill Hole, President of the US Licensing Group, made his benefits work for him. Read more.
More ideas for engaging with the Partner Technical Services team:
- Sell, deploy, and support Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Office 365 Deployment Shadowing Service
- Sell, deploy, and support Microsoft Azure
- Azure Deployment Shadowing Service
- Sell, deploy, and support Hybrid Cloud
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online training
- Sell, deploy, and support Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Signature Cloud Support
Partner calendar through April 3
Refer to the April Hot Sheet for a comprehensive, frequently updated training list covering the next several weeks.
Week of March 23–27
Monday, March 23
- Digital Partner of Record training
- Azure Site Recovery Live Demo Series
- Partner Technical Services: Windows Server 2003 Modernization
- Ask the Experts – How to increase SharePoint Online adoption
Tuesday, March 24
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Tampa, FL
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Downers Grove, IL
- Windows 10 for Education
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: SharePoint Online Development for Office 365
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: Azure Solution Accelerators
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Data on Azure – A Technology Overview
Wednesday, March 25
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Salt Lake City, UT
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Tampa, FL
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Downers Grove, IL
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Detroit, MI
- Partner Technical Services: Starter Kit for Enterprise Mobility
- Dynamics CRM Online – Integration with Power BI & Microsoft Social Listening Overview
- Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Azure Resource Manager with Visual Studio
Thursday, March 26
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Pittsburgh, PA
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Detroit, MI
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Advanced MonoGame for Windows Phone and Windows Store Games
- Business Benefits of Office 365
- SMB Marketing SureStep Office Hours
- Partner Technical Services: Migrate you MBX to Office 365 – Mailbox Migration Velocity Best Practices
- Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Introduction to Orchestrator, Service Manager Automation (SMA) and Monitoring
- Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB
Friday, March 27
Week of March 30–April 3
Monday, March 30
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: How to Talk to Your Customers about Skype for Business – Level 200
- Digital Partner of Record for Online Services Training
- Ask the Experts Messaging: MultiOrg architectures
- Azure Site Recovery Live Demo Series
Tuesday, March 31
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Philadelphia, PA
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Houston, TX
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: How to Get Access to Microsoft Cloud Offerings
- Overview of Windows 10 for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
Wednesday, April 1
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Philadelphia, PA
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Houston, TX
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Announcing Enterprise Mobility for Every SMB
- Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Initial Journey
- Pre-Sales Accelerator Cloud Services
- Cloud Profitability Webcast: Current Business Model
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Package Management and Workflow Automation
- Office 365 Initial Journey: Introduction to Office 365 Services, Plans, and Internal User Rights
Thursday, April 2
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Office 365 Partner Community Call – focus on Enterprise Social
- Microsoft Online Services Advisor Office Hours: Web-Direct and Deploy Incentives
- Partner Technical Services: Labs on Azure
- SMB Marketing SureStep office hours
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: Pursuing the Windows Per User Licensing Opportunity – Level 100