Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners this week. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
The power of partnership: partner opportunities and resources
Microsoft US Partner Vice President, Jenni Flinders, shares an update about partner opportunities and resources for the cloud. Partner feedback helped us prioritize and shape how we are addressing partner needs for profitability and staff productivity while moving to new cloud business models. Read more.
New partner offer helps you start using Office 365 internally today
Through June 30, 2015, Action Pack subscription and competency partners can take advantage of SkyKick’s Migration Suite to migrate your business to Office 365 for free on up to 500 seats. Read more.
Self-paced advanced technical training for Microsoft partners
We recently introduced a new training benefit for Microsoft Partner Network members, Microsoft Labs Online, which lets you purchase digital courseware and labs at a discount. US Partner Enablement Director Scott Akin explains how this offering helps you meet your goals. Read more.
Going to Convergence? Learn about Windows Apportals on Wednesday, March 18
Available with Windows 8.1, and continuing with Windows 10, Windows Apportals is breakthrough functionality that pulls together essential customer apps and data in a single view. Attend this session at Convergence to learn about the anatomy of Apportals and the benefits of role-based and task-based data.
Mobile and cloud sales conversations – new Sales and Licensing Excellence webcast schedule
Sales, licensing, and marketing professionals can prepare for mobile and cloud conversations with customers by attending our Sales and Licensing Excellence webcasts. These 30-minute to 1-hour presentations vary from 100-level to 300-level and feature content that includes Microsoft product and licensing updates, selling tips, and information about business opportunities. See the schedule.
Build your business for the mobile-first, cloud-first era
Accelerate your business, profitably, with Microsoft cloud services: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. Use our guide to find suggested resources that help each stage of your business. Read more.
Get your marketing mojo on – enter for a chance to win up to $5,000
Up your digital marketing game with the Marketing SureStep framework – a series of tools that will guide you toward better, more effective marketing practices. Then, check out not one, but two chances to show off your marketing prowess and maybe win a little moolah in the process. Contest ends May 31. Official rules.
Azure Partner Community: March focus on top partner questions
This month’s Azure Partner Community blog posts and call will include the topics of Microsoft Azure RemoteApp, Site Recovery, API Management, and a demo tool you can use to show Azure solutions to your customers.
- Read part 1 of the blog series, about Azure RemoteApp
- Read part 2 of the blog series, about Disaster Recovery
- Read part 3 of the blog series, about API Management
- Register for the March 19 call
SMB Live Events in March and April
Content at these events for SMB partners includes a day for Business and Marketing roles to participate in an interactive, hands-on marketing workshop, and a day for Technical roles to learn about hybrid cloud. Register for the event near you.
Join the US Partner Team at WPC 2015
Your success in today’s mobile-first, cloud-first world will be a key topic at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Orlando, Florida this July. At WPC 2015, you’ll hear from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and in the US General Session, the Microsoft US leadership team will provide you with a deeper look and guidance about how we move forward together. The best price right now for an all-access pass is US$1,995, valid through April 22. Register today.
- Tuesday, July 14 – Save the date for the US General Session and US Celebration at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Wednesday, July 15 – WPC Partner Celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Partner calendar through March 27
Refer to the March Hot Sheet for a comprehensive, frequently updated list covering the next several weeks. Look for the April Hot Sheet around March 18.
Week of March 16–20
Monday, March 16
- Digital Partner of Record training
- Microsoft Experience Center Facilitator Boot Camp in New York, NY
- Microsoft Experience Center Facilitator Boot Camp in Philadelphia, PA
- Azure Site Recovery Live Demo Series
- Introduction to the Azure Starter Kit
- Ask the Experts Communication: Enterprise Voice
Tuesday, March 17
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Charlotte, NC
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Cleveland, OH
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: Pursuing the Windows Per User Licensing Opportunity (Level 100)
- Managing the Application Lifecycle with MSDN
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: Azure Site Recovery
- Enterprise Mobility Scenario – BYOD in Today’s Enterprises
- Microsoft Project Webcast: Creating O Data Reports
Wednesday, March 18
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Charlotte, NC
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Cleveland, OH
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Denver, CO
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Boston, MA
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in St. Louis, MO
- Cloud Profitability Webcast: Sales Motion – Proof
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: Do This, Not That – Nailing the Initial Office 365 in Healthcare Conversation (Level 200)
- Get on the fast track to the cloud with Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Java on Microsoft Azure
- Dynamics CRM Online Integration with Exchange Online (Server-Side-Sync) & Integration with Yammer, Lync, Skype
Thursday, March 19
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Boston, MA
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in St. Louis, MO
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Virtual Foundations Course
- Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Windows Azure Pack for Service Providers and Enterprises with Multi-Tenancy with ADFS
- Partner Technical Services: Migrate your MBX to Office 365 – Diagnostic Tools
- US Azure Partner Community Call
Friday, March 20
Week of March 23–27
Monday, March 23
- Digital Partner of Record training
- Azure Site Recovery Live Demo Series
- Partner Technical Services: Windows Server 2003 Modernization
- Ask the Experts – How to increase SharePoint Online adoption
Tuesday, March 24
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Tampa, FL
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Downers Grove, IL
- Windows 10 for Education
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: SharePoint Online Development for Office 365
- SMB Cloud Office Hours: Azure Solution Accelerators
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Data on Azure – A Technology Overview
Wednesday, March 25
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Salt Lake City, UT
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Tampa, FL
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Downers Grove, IL
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
- SMB Live Workshop: Attract Customers, Grow Sales in Detroit, MI
- Partner Technical Services: Starter Kit for Enterprise Mobility
- Dynamics CRM Online – Integration with Power BI & Microsoft Social Listening Overview
- Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Azure Resource Manager with Visual Studio
Thursday, March 26
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Pittsburgh, PA
- SMB Live Technical: Modernize with Hybrid Cloud in Detroit, MI
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Advanced MonoGame for Windows Phone and Windows Store Games
- Business Benefits of Office 365
- SMB Marketing SureStep Office Hours
- Partner Technical Services: Migrate you MBX to Office 365 – Mailbox Migration Velocity Best Practices
- Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Introduction to Orchestrator, Service Manager Automation (SMA) and Monitoring
- Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB
Friday, March 27