Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners this week. We’ll connect you to resources that help you become market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Now in Open
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online joins Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure in the Open program, simplifying how small and medium businesses acquire these services. Go beyond operational IT and move up the value chain in a business by engaging your customers in a conversation about their business processes.
New Cloud Customer Relationship Management Competency Coming March 2
This Cloud Performance competency joins those for Office 365 and Azure, and comes with benefits for partners demonstrating success in the cloud, like Signature Cloud Support, priority placement in the Microsoft Pinpoint marketplace, and initial eligibility qualification for CRM incentives (Sales + Management). Earn the silver competency at no cost and gold level competency at a discounted rate.
- Register for the March 2 webcast about the new Cloud CRM competency
- Learn how to get started with the Office 365 and Azure competencies today
Prepare Your Self-Nomination for the 2015 Partner of the Year Awards
The submission tool for this year’s Partner of the Year Awards opens February 16. Start preparing your self-nomination now with these resources, and tell us how you are helping customers solve business problems through Microsoft-based solutions.
For Customers Still Using Windows Server 2003, It’s Time to Migrate
Windows Server 2003 will reach end of support on July 14—find out how you can help your customers migrate to a modern option that meets their needs. Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Azure, and Office 365 are all great options for migration, depending on each customer’s specific requirements.
- Migrating to Azure from Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2003 end of support web site
- Windows Server 2003 end of support campaign
February 19: Azure Partner Community Call – Focus on Office 365
If you’re an Azure partner wondering about whether and how you to add Office 365, read this month’s blog Azure Partner Community blog series and attend the February 19 call. Office 365 is a great way to expand your cloud offerings.
- Register for the February 19 Azure Partner Community call
- Have you seen the new Cloud Platform roadmap? Take a look!
Windows Licensing Updates Webcasts on March 3 and March 10
Register for this two-part series and build your Windows licensing expertise. The first webcast will break down key licensing concepts, and in part two, you’ll learn about updates to Windows Software Assurance and Windows VDA per user licensing options and get guidance for responding to common customer scenarios.
New Cloud Platform Roadmap Increases Your Visibility to Improvements and Developments
With this view, you will be able to understand and plan for what’s coming next. In addition, you will be able to easily view newly available products and services, including those in public preview, to help you take full advantage of our expanding portfolio. The Cloud Platform roadmap spans cloud services like Microsoft Azure, Intune, Power BI, and Visual Studio Online; server offerings such as Windows Server, System Center, SQL Server and Visual Studio; and converged system appliance offerings such as Cloud Platform System, Analytics Platform System and StorSimple.
Take the US Partner Sales Excellence Challenge
Increase your knowledge about selling and licensing Microsoft products and technologies by taking the Sales Excellence Challenge. Attend a live or on-demand webcast and pass an eligible Sales Specialist assessment by April 30 for a chance to win a Surface Pro 3 tablet. Official rules.
Reach Your SMB Customers Through Newsletter Marketing
Newsletter marketing is a great way to reach your customers with a variety of topics and offers. To help you jump-start using newsletters in your digital marketing mix, we've created templates that include stories and topics Microsoft is sharing with our SMB customers.
February 2015 Security Bulletin Release on Tuesday
Get caught up on the January 2015 updates, and prepare for the next Microsoft security bulletin release on Tuesday, February 10.
Partner calendar through February 20
Refer to the February Hot Sheet for a comprehensive, frequently updated list covering the next several weeks. Look for the March Hot Sheet the week of February 16.
Featured training picks
Week of February 9–13
- February 9–13 – Partner Practice Enablement: Azure Technical Training
- February 9 – Ask the Experts Identity: Directory Integration Tools
- February 10 – SharePoint Online Developer Series for Office 365: Azure Platform Services (PaaS) with SharePoint Online
- February 10 – Enterprise Mobility Scenario – Windows Universal Application
- February 10 – Office 365 Initial Journey: Exchange Online Technical Overview
- February 10 – How to Partner in the Cloud with Digital Marketing
- February 10 – Windows Apportal Office Hours
- February 11 – Partner Technical Services: Voice for Office 365
- February 12 – Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Government Partner Briefing
- February 12 – Partner Technical Services: Managing Digital Assets with SharePoint Server / Online
- February 12 – Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: SQL for Government Licensing Review and Best Practices (Level 200)
- February 12 – Microsoft Virtual Academy: Cloud-Enable a Windows Presentation Foundation Line-of-Business App
- February 12 – Enabling Customer Insights Using Business Analytics
- February 12–13 – Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB
- February 13 – SMB Partner Insider Call Series – East Region
- February 13 – SMB Partner Insider Call Series – Central Region
- February 13 – SMB Partner Insider Call Series – West Region
Week of February 16–20
- February 16 – WPC 2015 Partner of the Year Awards Submission Tool Opens
- February 16 – Partner Technical Services: Introduction to the Azure Starter Kit
- February 16 – Ask the Experts Communication: Edge Architectures
- February 17 – Road to the Cloud: Business Strategy and Networking for ISVs
- February 17 – Windows Apportal Office Hours
- February 17 – Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Real World Scenarios – Hiring & Onboarding
- February 17 – Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Initial Journey – Lync Online Technical Overview
- February 17 – Portfolio Management Made Easy with Project Online/Project Server 2013
- February 18 – Microsoft Virtual Academy: MEAN Stack Jump Start
- February 18 – Partner Technical Services: Voice for Office 365
- February 18 – Enterprise Mobility Scenario – EMS Overview
- February 18 – Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – New StorSimple Services in Azure
- February 18 – Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – ASP.NET V-Next with Azure Websites
- February 18 – Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: Selling Office 365 in Healthcare (Refresher) – Level 100
- February 18 – Windows Server 2003: Security Risk and Remediation
- February 18 – The Connected Workforce
- February 19 – Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Virtual Foundations Course
- February 19 – Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Data Management Options on Microsoft Azure
- February 19 – Partner Technical Services: Exchange Hybrid Deep Dive
- February 19 – Partner Technical Services: End to End Project Management Using Project Online
- February 19 – US Azure Partner Community Call
- February 20 – Partner Technical Services: SharePoint Online Developer Series for Office 365: Developing Advanced Workflow Scenarios