Welcome to this week’s issue of the US Partner News Online. We’ll connect you to resources to help you be market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
Refer Your Friends to Register for WPC 2015, and Earn Up to $1000
Our Refer a Colleague discount is designed to reward you for starting your networking early. From January 12–16, new WPC registrants will receive $100 off their all-access pass when they enter the name of a referrer during registration for WPC 2015. If you are the referrer, you can receive $100 refunds for up to ten (10) unique, individual referrals, up to a maximum of US$1,000. Offer ends January 16. Details and terms.
MPN Cloud Performance Competencies – How to Get Started
If you have an active practice around Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Azure, consider attaining a Cloud Performance competency. Through June 30, the Silver competency fee for these is waived, and you can enter Gold level at a reduced price.
Your Future in the Cloud: New Year, New Cloud Resolution
If your New Year's resolution for your business is to move to the cloud, we can help. On our blog, Partner Technology Strategist, Frank Campise, provides guidance, resources, and encouragement.
New MPN Competency Exam Pack Offer – Save Up to 25% and Get a Second Shot
Meet your partner organization’s certification goals and MPN competency requirements. Buy 10 exams and save 25%, or buy 5 exams and save 15%. For exams you take by May 31, you get a free retake (Second Shot) if you need it. This is a whole new Second Shot. You no longer need to pre-register, but can easily find and register for your retake on your Learning dashboard, and you will have 30 days from taking your exam to schedule your retake.
Azure Partner Community: Focus on Networking
The January focus for the Azure Partner Community is on networking. Read the first post in the blog series on this topic by Nick Johnson to learn about the three building blocks for Azure networking and find training and additional resources.
New Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB – Promotional Offer
January 22-23: Take the new Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB at no cost. You will learn fundamental deployment principles and processes that lead to repeatable successful deployments of Office 365 for small and medium business customers. More dates in February and March available.
New Cloud Profitability Webcast Series on Wednesdays
Register for the new series of Cloud Profitability Program webcasts that will be held Wednesdays at 8:30AM Pacific Time. These webcasts provide you the information you need to understand the cloud market, partner opportunities, and considerations for defining your business strategy in the cloud. Register here for future sessions. Watch previous weeks’ sessions on demand
- January 14 – Anatomy of a Deal
- January 21 – P&L Modeling for Office 365
- January 28 – Best Practices from Successful Partners
Learn to Sell Microsoft Azure – Pitch Perfect Videos
Watch these short (15 minutes or fewer) Pitch Perfect videos that will help you have specific customer conversations about Microsoft Azure. From “Why Azure?” to hybrid identity, SAP on Azure, and more, you’ll be better prepared to sell Azure-based solutions.
Training and Certification
January Hot Sheet: Register for Training, Office Hours, and Community Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training, Office Hours, and community calls that are coming in the next few weeks. The current Hot Sheet goes through the end of February, so you can plan ahead. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox.
January 12: Azure Government Cloud Solutions Executive Keynote and Webcast
Register to hear an executive keynote from Michael Donlan, Vice President of Microsoft US State and Local Government, about the new Microsoft Azure Government offering and why it's the right fit for your government customers.
January 13: Windows Apportal Office Hours
Join a one-hour call about Windows Apportals, hosted by Microsoft experts. Learn how Microsoft partners are benefitting from building and implementing Windows Apportals for their customers.
January 13: Driving Sales Productivity With Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365
The sales productivity solution from Microsoft enables your customers to transform their sales teams into top performers that are highly connected and collaborative. Learn about the partner opportunity for selling Microsoft Dynamics CRM alongside Office 365.
January 15: Office 365 Rainmaker Webcast – Implementing SharePoint Online
New technical webcasts have been added to the Rainmaker series. Register for the January 15 and January 22 webcasts, and watch previous webcasts on demand.
January 15: Online Services Advisor Office Hours
Learn about Online Services Web-Direct and Deploy incentives from experts on the US Partner Team.
February 10: Creative Marketing Webcast
Join Duane Forrester from Bing and Elizabeth Parker from Bing Ads for a highly valuable session about Digital Marketing. They will share industry experience, insights, and advice on how digital marketing can help you transform your business in the cloud. This includes considering the evolved consumer decision journey, creating inbound lead generation, audience segmentation for lead capture, the basics of search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and the options to getting started.
Watch this episode preview of the new Next at Microsoft Podcast, featuring George Takei. The beloved actor and activist talks about his visit to Microsoft campus and the Star Trek-inspired technologies that made him say “Oh My!”
Calendar through January 23
Week of January 12–16
- January 12 –14 – Partner Technical Services: Design the Hybrid Cloud
- January 12 – Sales and Licensing Excellence: Azure Government Cloud Solutions Webcast and Executive Keynote (Level 100)
- January 12 – Partner Technical Services: Ask the Experts: Identity: Azure Active Directory Editions
- January 13 – The Innovation Challenge: Creating the 21st Century Utility
- January 13 – Partner Technical Services: Enterprise Mobility Scenario – Microsoft Azure Remote App
- January 13 – Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Initial Journey – Introduction to Office 365
- January 13 – Success with Enterprise Mobility Suite Webcast: Do I Really Need an Integrated Approach for Mobility Instead of Compiling Point Solutions?
- January 13 – Driving Sales Productivity With Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365
- January 14 – Cloud Profitability Program webcast: Anatomy of a Deal
- January 14 – QuickLane: Maximizing Azure Profitability in the Cloud First, Mobile First World
- January 14 – Dynamics Bite-Sized Series: Dynamics GP 2015 – Employee Self Service
- January 14 – Partner Technical Services: Voice for Office 365 – Enterprise Voice for Office 365, Opportunities for Partners
- January 15 – Microsoft Online Services Advisor Monthly Office Hours: Web-Direct and Deploy Incentives
- January 15 – Microsoft Virtual Academy: C++/DirectX Game Development: Fun with Sounds and Shaders
- January 15 – Partner Technical Services: Maximize Your Productivity with O365 using SPO Collection: Azure IaaS for SharePoint Business Continuity Management
- January 15 – Partner Technical Services: Migrate Your MBX to O365 – Office 365 Identity and Security in the Cloud
- January 15 – Partner Technical Services: Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Cross premises Connectivity with Microsoft Azure & Windows Server
- January 15 – US Azure Partner Community Call
- January 16 – Microsoft Azure: Hybrid Integration
Week of January 19–23
- January 19 in Chevy Chase, MD – Microsoft WebCamp for Developers
- January 19 in Detroit, MI – Microsoft WebCamp for Developers
- January 19 in Fargo, ND – Microsoft Dynamics AX Fast TrAX Express
- January 19–20 – Partner Technical Services: Starter Kit for Enterprise Mobility Suite
- January 19–23 – Azure Partner Practice Enablement (PPE): Technical Training
- January 19 – Partner Technical Services: Ask the Experts Communications: Unified Messaging
- January 20 in Los Angeles, CA – Microsoft WebCamp for Developers
- January 20 – Tap into Microsoft’s new Cloud Virtual Machine Disaster Recovery Solution
- January 20 – Windows Apportal Office Hours
- January 20 – Creating the Digital Bank
- January 20 – Resource Management and Team Collaboration with Microsoft PPM
- January 20 – QuickLane: Extending Your Infrastructure Practice with Azure in the Cloud First, Mobile First World
- January 20 – Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Initial Journey – Office 365 Internal Use Rights, Get the Best From Your Partnership
- January 21 – Introduction to AngularJS
- January 21 – Partner Technical Services: Voice for Office 365 – Introduction to a Lync 2013 Environment
- January 21 – Dynamics Bite-Sized Series: Cracking the FRx to MR 2012 Report Migration Process
- January 21 – Dynamics Bite-Sized Series: Reporting in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015
- January 21 – Windows 10: The Next Chapter
- January 22 in Dallas, TX – Microsoft DevCamp for Developers
- January 22–23 – Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB
- January 22 – Office 365 Rainmaker Series: Optimizing Security, Privacy, and Compliance with Office 365 and Azure
- January 22 – Partner Technical Services: Project Life – Strategize Your Project Offerings for Office 365
- January 22 – Dynamics Bite-Sized Series: CRM 2015 – Product Catalog New features
- January 22 – QuickLane: Extending Your Application Development Practice with Azure in the Cloud First, Mobile First World
- January 23 in New York, NY – Microsoft DevCamp for Developers
- January 23 – Compute, Networking, Data Insights