Built on Windows 8.1, a Windows Apportal can integrate a customer’s entire Line of Business (LOB) stack into a single, modern, touch-based experience. Apportals organize and reveal data and apps needed for a specific role or task. This breakthrough functionality enables users to search less and solve more.
For Microsoft partners, building and implementing Windows Apportals for customers has several benefits:
- Easy to sell – create value-based pricing models which solve business needs and take advantage of existing legacy infrastructure and non-Microsoft applications
- Increased margin opportunity
- Pricing power – there is greater perceived value
- Cost margin – re-usable code sets, no licensing
- Organizational architecture – end-to-end workflow requirement drives visibility into more of the customer’s organization, enabling a broader solution sell
- CMO/CIO engagement – pitch to Business Decision Makers, but have IT on your side because Apportals provide a fully managed solution
At WPC 2014, we demonstrated Windows Apportals to partner attendees during the expo. Since then, we’ve delivered business, sales, and technical training for partners, and recently introduced a new technically focused blog. See the resources section of this post for links to on-demand training, the blog, and more.
Windows Apportal office hours
You’re invited to attend a one-hour Windows Apportal Office Hours call hosted by Microsoft experts. Starting January 13, a call will be held each Tuesday from 10:00AM–11:00AM Pacific Time, with the last call occurring on Tuesday, March 3. The call has a standing agenda.
Add the meeting to your calendar
There is no formal registration for this call. Download the calendar file to add this call to your calendar. This call has limited capacity—it is recommended that you join early to secure your spot.
- Introduction to experience selling with Windows Apportals
- Introduction to Windows Apportal Prototype Generator
- Introduction to Windows Apportal Prototype Viewer
|Download these materials||Watch these on-demand presentations|
Sign in with your MPN credentials for access
|Get more information||Attend upcoming training and calls|