In this weekly post, we’ll connect you to resources to help you be market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter feed.
New Cloud Profitability Program Webcast Series Starts January 7
Register for the new series of Cloud Profitability Program webcasts that will be held Wednesdays at 8:30AM Pacific Time. These webcasts provide you the information you need to understand the cloud market, partner opportunities, and considerations for defining your business strategy in the cloud.
Renew Your Competency and Retain Your Benefits
Your Microsoft Partner Network silver or gold competency comes with the distinction of your company being among the top 5 percent of Microsoft partners. You can renew your competency up to 90 days prior to your company’s anniversary date in the Microsoft Partner Network. On our blog, we provide step-by-step guidance, tips, and links to what you need to know for a smoother renewal.
Office 365 Community: Focus on Security and Compliance
The current topic for the Office 365 Community is security and compliance. Read the blog series, register for the January 8 call, and join the conversation in the Office 365 group on Yammer.
Choose How You Want to Stay Informed in 2015
Stay informed about the partner-related news, recommendations, opportunities, and programs relevant to your business. We’ll help you understand and prepare for the market opportunity, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business.
Earning the Office 365 Internal Use Rights Benefit
The Office 365 internal-use rights (IUR) benefit allows partners to use and learn Microsoft’s latest cloud technology internally, so that they are able to sell Microsoft cloud solutions to their customers more effectively.
Windows Server 2003 End-of-Life Campaign
Show customers how to get the most from today’s technology by migrating to Microsoft Azure, Windows Server 2012 R2, and cloud services like Microsoft Office 365.
Azure Starter Kit: Technical Presales Workshop
Request one-to-one technical consulting for during a presales engagement with a customer about Microsoft Azure, at no charge.
Training and certification
January Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training, Webcasts, and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training, webcasts, and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. The current Hot Sheet goes through February, so you can plan ahead. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox.
Azure and Office 365 Webcasts from Partner Technical Services
Register for these January webcasts for IT pros, developers, and presales technical roles, about Microsoft Azure, delivered by Microsoft experts on the Partner Technical Services team.
January 7: Cloud Profitability webcast – IDC and PC Media Interview
Join Josh Waldo and Brent Combest in an interview with Darren Bibby from IDC and Lee Harper, CEO of PC Media, about profitability for cloud partners vs. non-cloud partners. These webcasts are now on Wednesdays.
January 8: Labs on Azure – First Steps
In this online workshop, you’ll learn how to spin up a test lab or sandbox quickly, sign up for and activate your Azure subscription, and more.
January 9: US SMB Partner Insider Calls
Join your Microsoft Regional team for the latest Microsoft information and resources for US partners serving SMB customers, giving you the opportunity to be among the first to know what’s happening.
ISV Workshops: Upgrade Your Apps to Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2014
If you have a solution running on older versions of Windows Server and think an upgrade is right for you, join us at this event to use the expertise of local experts who can answer your questions.
On Demand: Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast Series
Over the past several weeks, we have delivered a series of sales- and licensing-focused webcasts for partners, covering a wide variety of Microsoft products and technologies. These are all available for watching on demand. The next Sales and Licensing Excellence webcast is on January 12.
Watch this playlist of videos that covers the 2014 calls for the US Azure Partner Community. Get caught up on topics like Enterprise Mobility Suite, migrations to Azure, and disaster recovery. Read the companion blog posts here, and register for the January 15 call.
Calendar through January 16
The list below is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the January Hot Sheet for a comprehensive, frequently updated list covering the next several weeks.
Week of January 5–9
- January 6 – Visio 2013 Tips & Techniques (Value Stream Mapping Template)
- January 7 – Cloud Profitability Program webcast: IDC and PC Media Interview
- January 8 – Microsoft Virtual Academy: C++/DirectX Game Development: Skyboxes and Porting DX11 to 11.2
- January 8 – Partner Technical Services: Labs on Azure: First Steps
- January 8 – US Office 365 Partner Community Call
- January 9 – Microsoft Azure: Hybrid Integration
- January 9 – SMB Partner Insider Call Series – East Region
- January 9 – SMB Partner Insider Call Series – Central Region
- January 9 – SMB Partner Insider Call Series – West Region
Week of January 12–16
- January 12 –14 – Partner Technical Services: Design the Hybrid Cloud
- January 12 – Sales and Licensing Excellence: Azure Government Cloud Solutions Webcast and Executive Keynote (Level 100)
- January 12 – Partner Technical Services: Ask the Experts: Identity: Azure Active Directory Editions
- January 13 – The Innovation Challenge: Creating the 21st Century Utility
- January 13 – Partner Technical Services: Enterprise Mobility Scenario – Microsoft Azure Remote App
- January 13 – Partner Technical Services: Office 365 Initial Journey – Introduction to Office 365
- January 13 – Success with Enterprise Mobility Suite Webcast: Do I Really Need an Integrated Approach for Mobility Instead of Compiling Point Solutions?
- January 13 – Driving Sales Productivity With Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365
- January 14 – Cloud Profitability Program webcast: Anatomy of a Deal
- January 14 – QuickLane: Maximizing Azure Profitability in the Cloud First, Mobile First World
- January 14 – Dynamics Bite-Sized Series: Dynamics GP 2015 – Employee Self Service
- January 14 – Partner Technical Services: Voice for Office 365 – Enterprise Voice for Office 365, Opportunities for Partners
- January 15 – Microsoft Online Services Advisor Monthly Office Hours: Web-Direct and Deploy Incentives
- January 15 – Microsoft Virtual Academy: C++/DirectX Game Development: Fun with Sounds and Shaders
- January 15 – Partner Technical Services: Maximize Your Productivity with O365 using SPO Collection: Azure IaaS for SharePoint Business Continuity Management
- January 15 – Partner Technical Services: Migrate Your MBX to O365 – Office 365 Identity and Security in the Cloud
- January 15 – Partner Technical Services: Microsoft Azure Solution Scenarios – Cross premises Connectivity with Microsoft Azure & Windows Server
- January 15 – US Azure Partner Community Call
- January 16 – Microsoft Azure: Hybrid Integration