Microsoft offers its Partner Network members benefits, training, resources, and materials to help them understand and prepare for the market opportunity, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate their businesses.
Stay informed about the news, recommendations, opportunities, and programs relevant to your business. Choose your favorite way (or ways) to get the information you need.
Download our quick reference companion slide by clicking the image above, or going to https://aka.ms/mrku.
The US Partner Team works with other Microsoft US teams and with our global counterparts to identify, curate, and publish partner-related news and information. We have two regularly updated and timely sources for you:
- US Partner News Online – this weekly post brings together product and program announcements, new resources, training opportunities, and a calendar of events—all with a partner focus.
- US Partner Hot Sheet – this training schedule is published monthly, and updated as we learn about new training, webcasts, and calls for partners. On the Hot Sheet, you’ll get at least a 6-week outlook, so you can plan ahead.
To receive these useful posts in your email inbox, you can subscribe to each blog by entering your email address in the upper right-hand corner under “Subscribe and follow:”
- US Partner Community blog for the US Partner News Online
- US Partner Training and Certification blog for the US Partner Hot Sheet
With more than 5,000 Microsoft and partner members, our Yammer network offers all US partners an opportunity to get just-in-time news and current information and resources. You are encouraged to like, comment, and ask questions in the community—both Microsoft and partner subject-matter experts are happy to share their knowledge.
How to join the Yammer network and groups within the network
|Step 1||Join Yammer at http://www.yammer.com, and activate your account|
Request an invitation to join the Microsoft US Partner Community Yammer network: https://aka.ms/uspyammer
Join Groups that reflect your areas of interest
While on the US Partner Community, click the three dots at the top right of your page (next to “Invite.” In that dropdown menu, select Groups to see a list of Suggested Groups and a directory of All Groups. You can join any public group by simply selecting Join. For private groups, you will need to be admitted by that group’s administrator, at their discretion.
Suggested Yammer groups
Here is a list of some of the most popular public groups on our Yammer network. After you have joined our Yammer network (completing Step 2 above), you can join these groups. You can search for these groups within Yammer, or click the group name below for a link directly to the group. Then, click Join.
We provide timely updates about US partner-relevant announcements, news, and information throughout the business day on our Twitter feeds and Facebook page. We appreciate your likes, shares, and comments.
- @msuspartner – our primary Twitter feed, covering a wide variety of topics to help you manage your relationship with Microsoft. This feed is featured on the US Partner Community blog.
- @mslearningcurve – coverage of partner-related training and certification news and information, with a focus on the upcoming in-person and virtual courses, webcasts and calls listed on the Hot Sheet. This feed is featured on the US Partner Training blog.
- @wpcus – If you’re interested in our annual Worldwide Partner Conference, this is where you’ll learn about registration, US partner activities, and more. During WPC, we provide US attendees with real-time updates.
- Visit the US Partner Community page on Facebook, and “Like” it to see our posts in your feed.
Last year, we introduced a new community-based approach to engaging partners building practices that include Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365. These communities are led by National Partner Technology Strategists from the Microsoft US Partner Team. Partner Community activities include blog posts, discussions on Yammer, newsletters, and community calls.
|Azure Partner Community||Office 365 Partner Community|
Microsoft is a cloud-first, mobile-first company, and we want our partner ecosystem to be prepared and capable of building, selling, and deploying cloud and hybrid solutions based on Microsoft technologies. Through the “stay informed” resources noted above—our newsletter and training schedule, blogs, Yammer network, social feeds, and specialized communities—we regularly share resources that will help you build your cloud capabilities.
If your business has not yet started making a move to the cloud, now is the time. Use these planning and profitability resources to understand your options and opportunities:
- Download the IDC Successful Cloud Partners 2.0 summary
- Download the IDC Successful Cloud Partners 2.0 ebook
- Watch the Cloud Profitability webcasts on demand
- Learn how other partners are succeeding with the cloud
- Follow the cloud profitability learning path
- Building a profitable managed service practice with Azure
- Learn how Office 365 internal use rights can accelerate your business
New Cloud Performance competencies
In September 2014, the Microsoft Partner Network added three new cloud-based competencies.
- Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions: for partners selling Microsoft Office 365 to small and Midmarket customers
- Cloud Productivity: for partners deploying Microsoft Office 365 for enterprise customers
- Cloud Platform: for partners who specialize in delivering infrastructure and SaaS solutions on Microsoft Azure (learn more about the sales goal requirement here)
Visit the Cloud is our core page on the partner portal for additional information and resources.
Support options for partners
Get answers to your questions about development, presales assistance, and Microsoft products, as well as partner program membership support, from the Microsoft Partner Network as a benefit of membership.
- Sign in to your company’s My support benefits and incidents page on the partner portal to see your available support options
- Sign in to the Partner Support Community forums to access unlimited, no-cost technical support for Microsoft technologies from Microsoft engineers (you can request one-to-one communication here)
- Partners with a Microsoft Action Pack subscription or competency can reach MPN support at 1-800-MPN-SOLV (676-7658)
- Check the top partner questions library to get quick answers to common questions about a wide variety of partner-related topics
- Learn about Microsoft Premier Support for Partners