Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! In this weekly post, we’ll connect you to resources to help you be market-ready, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
Due to Renew? We Have Step-by-Step Guidance to Help You
Many US partners will be due to renew their MPN competency and membership over the next several weeks. On our blog, we’ve provided step-by-step guidance and links to the information you’ll need to get started, keep your renewal on track, and retain your valuable competency and membership benefits.
US Office 365 Partner Community – Focus on Adding Enterprise Voice for Office 365 Customers
The December focus for the Office 365 Partner Community is on adding Enterprise Voice for Office 365 customers. Read the introductory blog post by Rabon Bussey, add the December 4 call to your calendar, and join the conversation in the Office 365 Partners group on Yammer.
Activate Your Office 365 Internal Use Benefits to Sell the Cloud
Sell more Office 365 by activating and deploying your internal use benefits. Hands-on experience gives you firsthand knowledge to share with customers considering a move to the cloud.
Project Siena: Empower Your Customers to Build Powerful Business Apps
Microsoft Project Siena is a mobile application development tool that enables non-programmers to develop Windows 8 apps using PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- In the Seattle area? Register for a one-day training on December 5 to learn how you can use Project Siena in your presales efforts, and how to deliver Project Siena workshops to customers. You
December 11 in Seattle, WA: Microsoft Lync 2013 Partner Integration Day
This one-day technical classroom training for Partner Technical Decision Makers and Consultants provides an introduction to the Video and Enterprise Voice capabilities of Lync with a 360-degree view of the solutions proposed by Audiocodes, Polycom, and Plantronics that natively integrate with Lync.
ISV Workshop: Upgrade Your Apps to Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2014
Upgrade your applications to use Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2014 in these in-person ISV workshops, coming to several cities across the United States in December.
Holiday Savings from the MPN Training Team
Through December 8, you can save on practice tests, ebooks, and books, plus enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a custom ebook library. Check out these offers:
- Save 50% on practice tests from Transcender
- Purchase a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam voucher and get a no-cost Microsoft practice test from MeasureUp
- Save on ebooks from Microsoft Press Store – exclusive MPN savings. Buy 1, save 45%. Buy 2, save 55% on all books and ebooks
- Enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a custom ebook library via Microsoft Press Store. No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states or D.C., 18+. Sweepstakes ends Dec 8, 2014. Official rules.
Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts in December
Improve your ability to have effective conversations with your customers about Microsoft technologies and licensing options by attending our Sales and Licesning Excellence webcasts. In December, topics include a deep-dive on Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA), how to sell Microsoft Azure in Education, and how Windows Apportals can help you sell across the Microsoft product stack.
Microsoft Community Connections: Prepare for Success in 2015
Microsoft Community Connections (MCC) can help you prepare for success in 2015. Increase your leads, gain new clients, and build your pipeline. Register for this 2-part webcast series on December 9 and December 16.
Training and certification
December Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training, webcasts, and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox.
December 11–12 in San Diego: Office 365 Summit
At the Office 365 Summit you’ll have the opportunity to get deep technical or sales training from Microsoft experts. San Diego is currently our last scheduled Office 365 Summit in the United States.
Play and Learn About Microsoft Azure
Three new online games for partner sales, presales, and technical roles let you learn about Microsoft Azure through repetitive learning and game mechanics techniques. Whether you’re new to Azure or ready to learn something new, these games will let you study Azure and have fun.
Microsoft Azure University in December
In-person opportunities for Microsoft Azure University business, sales, and technical training are still available in December. Azure University is an introductory-level training program designed to help you plan, establish, and build an Azure practice. Dates, cities, and links to register are posted on our blog. Look for Azure University offerings in more cities in 2015.
Technical and Sales Sweepstakes: Pass a Microsoft SQL Server Exam or Assessment by December 31
Strengthen your knowledge and skills about Microsoft SQL Server Big Data solutions by preparing for the latest exams and assessments. When you pass eligible certification exams, technical assessments, and sales assessments by December 31, you'll be entered to win an awesome new device.
- Big Data Sales Specialist sweepstakes details and rules
- Big Data technical sweepstakes details and rules
Watch this video, a recording of the November 6 Office 365 Partner Community call about user management and identity integration in Office 365.
The list below is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the December Hot Sheet for a comprehensive, frequently updated list covering the next several weeks.
- December 2 – Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Microsoft Products and Services Agreements (MPSA)
- December 2 – Enterprise Voice for Office 365 Customers: Advanced Voice Scenarios Configuration for Office 365
- December 3 – Lync Online – Technical Overview
- December 4 – US Office 365 Partner Community Call – Focus on Adding Enterprise Voice for Office 365 Customers
- December 4 – Voices for Innovation: Understanding and Selling the Trusted Cloud
- December 4 – Microsoft Online Services Advisor Office Hours: Web-Direct and Deploy Partner Incentives
- December 4 – Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Selling Against the Competition
Week of December 8–12
- December 8 – Microsoft Virtual Academy: Taming Android and iOS with Enterprise Mobility Suite
- December 9 – Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Advanced Licensing Scenarios for Microsoft Azure (Level 200)
- December 9 – Microsoft Community Connections: Increase Your Pipeline, Generate More Leads (Part 1 of 2)
- December 9 – Monitoring, Archiving, and Troubleshooting for Enterprise Voice
- December 10 – SharePoint Online – Technical Overview
- December 11 – Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Introduction to Windows Apportals (Level 100)
- December 12 – SMB Partner Insider Call – East Region
- December 12 – SMB Partner Insider Call – Central Region
- December 12 – SMB Partner Insider Call – West Region
- December 12 – MPN Training: Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – Define Your Cloud Strategy –.NET Case Study