Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
US Office 365 Partner Community – Focus on Identity Integration
This month’s focus for the US Office 365 Partner Community is Identity Integration. Read the three-part blog series that explains the three different identity models (Cloud, Synchronized, Federated) and register to join the call and go in-depth on this topic on November 6.
Understand How Microsoft Online Services Advisor Incentives Work – New Partner Office Hours
Starting November 6, join the US Channel Incentives team each month for an opportunity to learn about the Online Services Advisor Web-Direct and Online Services Advisor Deploy incentives. Find out how to add these calls to your calendar and where to access the incentives summaries, implementation guides, and training modules.
FastTrack for Office 365 Update – November Office Hours Calls
Join Chris Hopkins, Technical Product Marketing Manager on the US Office Team, for FastTrack office hours. There are two sessions from which to choose—one on November 4 and one on November 6. These sessions are open to US partners who want to learn more about FastTrack for Office 365 service benefit and the Office 365 Adoption Offer that’s currently in market.
November 6: Data Analytics Community Call – Accelerate Your Business with SQL Server
Register for this briefing about building your Microsoft practice with SQL Server 2014. You’ll get insights from Microsoft experts who understand what you need to know. The first two calls, Reimagining BI and The Modern Data Warehouse, are available to watch on demand.
Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance
A Windows Apportal is a Microsoft Windows 8.1 app that can integrate a customer’s entire line of business (LOB) stack into a single, modern, touch-based experience. Register to attend one of the final three developer training sessions to learn more about how to design and develop a fully functional Windows Apportal.
WPC 2015 All-Access Pass – Pay $1,695 Through November 2
Join us at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) as we redefine productivity in a mobile-first, cloud-first world and anticipate future opportunity in the face of industry-wide change. This premier event for Microsoft partners is in Orlando, Florida from July 12–16. Through November 2, you can secure your spot at WPC 2015 for just $1,695. The price will increase on November 3.
Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts
Learn from Microsoft product and licensing subject-matter experts at our Sales and Licensing Excellence webcasts. In these level 100 to 300 courses, you’ll learn how Microsoft products and technologies benefit your customers, what the common sales scenarios are, and how to overcome objections. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask your questions of our experts.
November 14: SMB Partner Insider calls for East, Central, and West Regions
Join the Microsoft US SMB team for the November SMB Partner Insider calls. Your Microsoft Regional General Manager and Regional Account team will bring you the latest Microsoft information and resources for US partners serving SMB customers, giving you the opportunity to be among the first to know what’s happening.
Microsoft Cloud DevCamps: Get Hands-On with Azure
Roll up your sleeves and learn about the latest Microsoft Azure development tools and technologies. Join Microsoft technical experts at your local Microsoft Cloud DevCamp and leave with code running in the cloud. You will learn how to use new Microsoft Azure features and services like Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines, Websites, and Visual Studio 2013 to build and move a variety of apps to the cloud, including websites, mobile applications, and enterprise-class applications.
Training and Certification
November Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox.
Office 365 Rainmaker Webcast Series for SMB Partners
This 8-part webcast series provides prescriptive guidance to help you capitalize on every cloud productivity sales opportunity. It will teach you methods to manage the customer lifecycle, generate demand, deliver demonstrations, increase renewals and so much more. You can watch previous webcasts on demand, and register for the November 13, November 20, and December 4 webcasts.
November 3 in Tempe, AZ and November 10 in Denver, CO: Drumbeat Grow for Advanced Office 365 Sellers
Skilled Office 365 partner sellers are invited to attend Drumbeat Grow to refine and extend their sales skills, and transform customer product conversations into insightful, profitable, solution-based business discussions.
November 17–21: Azure Partner Practice Enablement Boot Camp
Get the foundational knowledge you need to run new workloads in Microsoft Azure or migrate existing workloads from on-premises. You will be introduced to the rich features of Microsoft Azure Active Directory and see how it can be used to achieve single sign-on across cloud applications, protect application access, enforce multi-factor authentication, and integrate with Windows Server Active Directory. Then, you’ll build on that technical knowledge to understand common workload scenarios for cloud computing.
Calendar through November 14
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the November Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated.
Monday, November 3
Tuesday, November 4
- Detroit, MI – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Indianapolis, IN – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Seattle, WA (November 4–7) – PASS Summit 2014
- Lync 2013 Edge, Expand Your Communication Beyond Your Company Boundaries
- Yammer – Upload Documents Using SharePoint App Part to Yammer External Groups
- Exploring New Features for PowerPivot & PowerQuery
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: 50 Tips in 50 Minutes for Management Reporter 2012
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Microsoft Products and Services Agreements (MPSA) – Part 2
Wednesday, November 5
- Pittsburgh, PA – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Chevy Chase, MD – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- SQL Server 2014 Data Analytics Community Call: Accelerate Your Business with SQL Server
- Managing Multimedia Assets with SharePoint Server / Online
- Your Best Office 365 Demo
- Exploring SQL Server BI
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Dynamics CRM 2013-Customization Capabilities
Thursday, November 6
- New York, NY – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Microsoft Online Services Advisor Monthly Office Hours: Web-Direct and Deploy Incentives
- Learning Partner Sales Readiness Series: Microsoft Azure All Up
- Exchange Hybrid – Advanced Scenarios
- Office 365 – Diagnostic Tools
- Monitoring Azure with System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Office 365 Onboarding Made Easy
- SharePoint 2013 Business Continuity Management using Windows Azure
- US Office 365 Partner Community Call
Friday, November 7
- Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – Identifying the Change Imperative: Partner Panel Interview Part 2
Monday, November 10
- Bellevue, WA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Denver, CO – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Irvine, CA – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Office 365 Ask the Experts: Mailbox Migration
- End to End Project Management using Office 365 – Project Online
Tuesday, November 11
- Detroit, MI – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Sunnyvale, CA – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Implementing Tabular Data Models
- SharePoint Online Scenario Series: Hiring & Onboarding (Education, Media, etc.)
- Split Workload – Lync On-Premises and Unified Messaging on the Cloud
- Azure Site Recovery – On-Prem to On-Prem, On-Prem to Azure
- SQL & Azure Series Session 1: SQL Server 2014 Hybrid Cloud Using Microsoft Azure
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Effective Dynamics CRM–GP Integration Using Dynamics Connector Customization Capabilities
Wednesday, November 12
- Cleveland, OH – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Downers Grove, IL – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Houston, TX – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Effective Planning for Information Architecture with SharePoint Online
- An Hour with Office 365
- SQL & Azure Series Session 2: SQL Server on Microsoft Azure IAAS
- Microsoft Azure – Remote Apps Overview
Thursday, November 13
- Cincinnati, OH – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Los Angeles, CA – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Chicago, IL – Road to the Cloud – Azure Business Strategies and Networking for ISVs
- Build a Game with Cocos2d-x for Windows Devices
- Branding Internet-Facing Web Sites with SharePoint Online / Office 365
- Mailbox Migration Velocity Best Practices
- SQL & Azure Series Session 3: Application Patterns and Development Strategies for SQL Server on Microsoft Azure IAAS
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Maximize Sales From Your Existing Customers
- Labs on Azure
- Dynamics Bite-Sized Series: Introduction to Microsoft Social Listening
- Sales Excellence Webcast: Selling Office 365 in Healthcare (Level 100)
Friday, November 14
- Rochester, NY – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- East Region SMB Partner Insider Call
- Central Region SMB Partner Insider Call
- West Region SMB Partner Insider Call
- Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – Financial Models
- SQL & Azure Series Session 4: High Availability and Disaster Recovery for SQL Server on Microsoft Azure IAAS Using Always On Availability Groups