Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
Windows 10 Guidance and Resources for Partners
Find out how to prepare for Windows 10, while continuing to work with your customers on their existing Windows deployment plans. Watch our recent Sales Excellence webcast on demand, register for the October 29 webcast, and get our guidance for IT pros, and sales and marketing professionals.
WPC 2015 All-Access Pass – Pay $1,695 Through November 2
Join us at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) as we redefine productivity in a mobile-first, cloud-first world and anticipate future opportunity in the face of industry-wide change. This premier event for Microsoft partners is in Orlando, Florida from July 12–16. Through November 2, you can secure your spot at WPC 2015 for just $1,695. The price will increase on November 3.
New Bing Ads Case Study: MatchCraft Gets 47% Increase in Click-Through Rates
Learn how MatchCraft, which provides SEM technology to advertising resellers, improved results for merchants with Bing Ads. A few months after MatchCraft integrated Bing Ads Sitelink Extensions into its platform, one client saw a 47% increase in average click-through rates across 1,400 accounts.
October 29 Webcast by Microsoft Community Connections: Project Sky Office 365 Discount Offer
Register for this webcast to learn about the Project Sky offer for qualified customers. Participating partners will work directly with business influencer organizations to promote the value of Office 365 and help customers have the best possible productivity and collaboration experience.
Office 365 Partner Community – October Focus on Identity Integration
This month, the Office 365 Partner Community is focusing on Identity Integration and User Management. Over the next few blog posts, leading up to our November 6 community call, we’ll take a look at the three identity management models for Office 365 as well as third-party federated options. Register for the November 6 community call.
October 28 Webcast: Reducing Risk in the Cloud for Government
In part two of this three-part series about reimagining the next generation of government, thought leaders from government and industry will discuss how a trusted cloud platform can help government agencies meet today’s demands and evolve to address future needs.
Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts Featuring Microsoft Product and Licensing Experts
Join Microsoft product and licensing subject-matter experts at our Sales and Licensing Excellence webcasts. In these level 100 to 300 courses, you’ll learn how Microsoft products and technologies benefit your customers, what the common sales scenarios are, and how to overcome objections. Register for upcoming webcasts, and watch previous webcasts on demand.
Take Your Practice Cloud First, Profitably – Partner Live Event Series
The Cloud Profitability Fridays weekly web series features streaming videos to help you learn how to become profitable in the cloud. In addition, a cloud subject matter expert is on hand to answer live questions via a Q&A chat. You can supplement these webcasts with the self-paced learning path activities here.
October 28 Sales Excellence Webcast: Enterprise Mobility Suite and Office 365
Join Office 365 expert, Bryan Von Axelson, for a level 100 sales and licensing excellence webcast about how to attach Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) to Office 365 agreements. You'll learn how to master the customer pitch and where to access resources and incentives. This webcast is part of our Sales Excellence webcast series. See the full schedule.
Office 365 Advanced Sales Training: Drumbeat Grow
Skilled Office 365 partner sellers are invited to attend Drumbeat Grow to refine and extend their sales skills, and transform customer product conversations into insightful, profitable, solution-based business discussions. Upcoming events in Tampa; Charlotte; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
SMB Partner Insider calls for East, Central, and West Regions on November 14
Join the Microsoft US SMB team for the November SMB Partner Insider calls. Your Microsoft Regional General Manager and Regional Account team will bring you the latest Microsoft information and resources for US partners serving SMB customers, giving you the opportunity to be among the first to know what’s happening.
Training and Certification
November Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox.
Road to the Cloud: Strategy and Networking Events for ISVs
Register for an upcoming Road to the Cloud event to learn from your peers in the industry who have built a successful cloud business. You’ll hear from owners and leaders of successful software businesses about best practices and the lessons they have learned, and gain insight about the cloud opportunity for a software business.
Take Select Microsoft Certification Exams Online – Travel Not Required
In order to provide candidates with greater exam accessibility and convenience, Microsoft is introducing the beta version of a new online proctored testing experience for candidates in the United States who wish to take their exam at their home or office.
New Sales Specialist Assessment for Devices and Deployment
Pass the new Sales Specialist Assessment for Devices and Deployment to demonstrate your ability to sell Windows and mobility solutions. Pass it by November 30 to be entered into our Windows 8.1 Devices sweepstakes for a chance to win a Windows device. Use the training recommendations in the learning path to prepare. Official rules.
New Presales Technical Specialist Assessment for Devices and Deployment
Pass the new Presales Technical Specialist Assessment for Devices and Deployment to demonstrate your knowledge of Microsoft cloud productivity and Windows mobility solutions. Pass it by November 30 to be entered into our sweepstakes for a chance to win a Windows device.
SMB Live: Azure Technical Training and Hands-On Labs Roadshow
Get hands-on with Microsoft Azure at a one-day technical training event that’s coming to more than 20 cities across the United States over the next several weeks. This level-300 content is for IT Pros at partners that serve SMB customers and sell Azure, Windows Server, SQL Server, or Office 365.
Watch this video of the US Azure Partner Community call for October, about disaster recovery and high availability.
Calendar through November 7
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the November Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated.
Monday, October 27
- Charlotte, NC – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Tampa, FL – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Publish SharePoint 2013 Using All New “Reverse Proxy” (Web Application Proxy)
Tuesday, October 28
- Dallas, TX – Azure University: Get Ready for Business as a Service
- Dallas, TX – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Dallas, TX – Azure University: Partner Practice Enablement – Technical Training
- Denver, CO – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Kansas City, KS – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Los Angeles, CA – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Raleigh-Durham, NC – Road to the Cloud – Azure Business Strategy and Networking for ISVs
- Reston, VA – Microsoft Dynamics Integrated Marketing & Sales Workshop
- Tampa, FL – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Washington, DC – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Visual Studio ALM Scenario with Azure
- SharePoint Online Public Site: Add an App and Programmatically Provision Users in Office 365 Tenant
- Modernizing Your Data Center Jump Start
- Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB
- Reducing Risk in the Cloud for Government
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite Attach to Office 365
Wednesday, October 29
- Denver, CO – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – Azure University: Partner Practice Enablement – Technical Training
- St. Louis, MO – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Tampa, FL – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Windows 10 for Enterprise
- Introduction to jQuery
- Learn how to secure SharePoint using ADFS 3.0
- Using PowerShell for Active Directory
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: AX 2012 R3 Warehouse Management
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Extended Human Resources & Payroll Pack in Dynamics GP 2013
- Microsoft Community Connections (MCC) Project Sky – Office 365
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Microsoft Dynamics Marketing Overview
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Extended Human Resources & Payroll Pack in Dynamics GP 2013
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Jump Start
Thursday, October 30
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – Azure University: Get Ready for Business as a Service
- Minneapolis, MN – SMB Live: Azure Technical Training – Hands-on Labs
- Silicon Valley, CA – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Showcase the Power of Office 365
- TFS Farm with High Availability
- SharePoint Online – Update Custom Local AD Properties on SharePoint Online Users Profiles
Friday, October 31
- Alpharetta, GA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Philadelphia, PA – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – Partner Panel Interview Part 1
Monday, November 3
Tuesday, November 4
- Detroit, MI – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Indianapolis, IN – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Seattle, WA (November 4–7) – PASS Summit 2014
- Lync 2013 Edge, Expand Your Communication Beyond Your Company Boundaries
- Yammer – Upload Documents Using SharePoint App Part to Yammer External Groups
- Exploring New Features for PowerPivot & PowerQuery
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: 50 Tips in 50 Minutes for Management Reporter 2012
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Microsoft Products and Services Agreements (MPSA) – Part 2
Wednesday, November 5
- Pittsburgh, PA – SMB Live: Microsoft Azure Technical Training and Hands On Labs
- Chevy Chase, MD – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- SQL Server 2014 Data Analytics Community Call: Accelerate Your Business with SQL Server
- Managing Multimedia Assets with SharePoint Server / Online
- Your Best Office 365 Demo
- Exploring SQL Server BI
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Dynamics CRM 2013-Customization Capabilities
Thursday, November 6
- New York, NY – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp for Azure
- Microsoft Online Services Advisor Monthly Office Hours: Web-Direct and Deploy Incentives
- Learning Partner Sales Readiness Series: Microsoft Azure All Up
- Exchange Hybrid – Advanced Scenarios
- Office 365 – Diagnostic Tools
- Monitoring Azure with System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Office 365 Onboarding Made Easy
- SharePoint 2013 Business Continuity Management using Windows Azure
- US Office 365 Partner Community Call
Friday, November 7