Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
Your Future in the Cloud—Why Make the Move?
According to IDC research, cloud-oriented partners report achieving more than 1.6 times the recurring revenue of partners without a cloud practice. Our new blog series explains the partner opportunity in the cloud and what to consider when making the move to the cloud.
SMB Live: Azure Technical Training and Hands-On Labs Roadshow
Get hands-on with Microsoft Azure at a one-day technical training event that’s coming to more than 20 cities across the United States over the next several weeks. This level-300 content is for IT Pros at partners that serve SMB customers and sell Azure, Windows Server, SQL Server, or Office 365.
Windows 8.1 Devices Sweepstakes for Technical and Sales Roles
Prepare for and pass a qualifying assessment or exam about Windows, devices, and deployment by November 30 to earn an entry to our sweepstakes. There are options for sales and technical roles, and you could win a Windows device—Surface, tablet, or phone. Official rules.
ModernBiz Campaign for SMB Customers
Help your small and medium business customers navigate to the cloud. Download the resources in the ModernBiz for SMB campaign, including web content, sales presentation, customer brochure, customer offer, and more.
This month, the Office 365 Partner Community is focusing on Identity Integration and User Management. Over the next few blog posts, leading up to our November 6 community call, we’ll take a look at the three identity management models for Office 365 as well as third-party federated options. Register for the November 6 community call.
Use the Cloud to Sell the Cloud – Start Using Your Online Services Benefits
If you have a Microsoft Action Pack subscription or a competency, your benefits include Microsoft online services for internal use. Use these licenses to run your business, train your people, develop and test, and demonstrate to your customers. Find out what licenses are included in your Action Pack or competency benefits, and learn how to activate and start using yours today.
October 21: Data Analytics Community Call – The Modern Data Warehouse
Register to attend the next briefing about SQL Server 2014, led by Microsoft experts who understand what’s required to grow your BI practice. Help your customers gain the full value of Big Data you need a modern data platform that manages data of any type, whether structured or unstructured, and of any size – from gigabytes to petabytes.
October 21: Windows 10 Sales Excellence Webcast
Microsoft recently announced the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Join Betsy Pridmore, Director of US Windows Product Marketing, to learn more about the Windows vision. Our schedule of upcoming Sales and Licensing Excellence webcasts, as well as a list of on-demand webcasts, is available here.
Join Us as We Build Windows 10
If you're a PC expert or an IT pro, come on a journey with us and be part of creating the best Windows yet. Join the Windows Insider Program so you can be part of every key moment along the way as we create Windows 10. You'll get Windows 10 Technical Preview, all the builds as soon as they're available, and an easy-to-use feedback app.
WPC 2015 All-Access Pass – Pay $1,695 Through November 2
Join us at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) as we redefine productivity in a mobile-first, cloud-first world and anticipate future opportunity in the face of industry-wide change. This premier event for Microsoft partners is in Orlando, Florida from July 12–16. Through November 2, you can secure your spot at WPC 2015 for just $1,695. The price will increase on November 3.
Training and Certification
November Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox.
Connect with Learning Partners to Advance Your Skills and Business
US Director of Partner Enablement, Scott Akin, introduces our new guide to finding training (available both online and as a download) and explains how partnering with our Learning Partners can be advantageous to your business.
New Microsoft Azure Government: Watch the Sales Excellence Webcast on Demand
In this level 100/200 sales and licensing training, you’ll learn about the new Microsoft Azure Government offering and how to successfully position this service with US federal agencies including the Department of Defense, plus state and local government customers. This webcast is part of our Sales Excellence webcast series. See the full schedule.
October 28 Sales Excellence Webcast: Enterprise Mobility Suite and Office 365
Join Office 365 expert, Bryan Von Axelson, for a level 100 sales and licensing excellence webcast about how to attach Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) to Office 365 agreements. You'll learn how to master the customer pitch and where to access resources and incentives. This webcast is part of our Sales Excellence webcast series. See the full schedule.
Reminder: Cloud Productivity Sales and Technical Sweepstakes Ends October 31 At the beginning of September, we announced the Cloud Productivity sweepstakes to help you prepare for and pass Sales Specialist and Technical Specialist exams and assessments related to Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. You have until October 31 to pass a qualifying exam or assessment and be entered to win a prize in the sweepstakes. Official rules.
Watch this short video about the Microsoft Action Pack, an MPN membership option that helps you learn about, build on, install, and sell Microsoft products and technologies, in the cloud, across platforms, or on-premises.
Calendar through October 31
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the November Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated.
Monday, October 20
- Bellevue, WA – SMB Live: Azure Technical Training – Hands-on Labs
- New York, NY – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Atlanta, GA – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Cambridge, MA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Denver, CO – Road to the Cloud – Azure Business Strategy and Networking for ISVs
- Dev/Test Scenarios in the DevOps World
- Deep Dive Windows Intune Labs
- Hosting SharePoint on Windows Azure
- Azure Active Directory Premium and Scenarios
Tuesday, October 21
- Alpharetta, GA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Los Angeles, CA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Washington, DC – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- October 21–22 in Irvine, CA Microsoft Dynamics Integrated Marketing & Sales Workshop
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcast: Let’s Make Windows 10 the Greatest Platform Ever
- Configure a Basic Voice Infrastructure for Your Office 365 Customers
- One Drive for Business – Programmatically Enable Versioning and Audit Logging
- SQL Server 2014 Data Analytics Community Call: The Modern Data Warehouse
- New StorSimple Services in Azure
- AzureConf – An Azure Community Event
- Integrate Office 365 APIs in Your Web Apps
Wednesday, October 22
- Redmond, WA – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- New York, NY – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- Alpharetta, GA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Los Angeles, CA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- New York, NY – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Washington, DC – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Integrate Office 365 APIs in Your Mobile Device Apps
- Windows 8 Universal Applications
- Learn how to Manage SharePoint Online / On-Premises with PowerShell
- Mobile Web Application Development
- Getting Started: Implement an Office 365 Pilot
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Hosting NAV on Azure
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Time Card New Features in Dynamics GP 2013 R2
Thursday, October 23
- Denver, CO – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- Charlotte, NC – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Cleveland, OH – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Malvern, PA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Tempe, AZ – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Driving Demand for Your Office 365 Practice
- ADFS scenarios
- Mail Migration to Office 365
- WebGL 3D Game Development with Babylon.js
- Last Stop: Getting Your Windows App to Market
Friday, October 24
- Cleveland, OH – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Charlotte, NC – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Malvern, PA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Malvern, PA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Tempe, AZ – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- SharePoint Online – Share Documents with External Users with Mobile Apps
- Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – IDC and PC Media Interview
Monday, October 27
- Charlotte, NC – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Tampa, FL – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Publish SharePoint 2013 Using All New “Reverse Proxy” (Web Application Proxy)
Tuesday, October 28
- Dallas, TX – Azure University: Get Ready for Business as a Service
- Dallas, TX – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- Dallas, TX – Azure University: Partner Practice Enablement – Technical Training
- Denver, CO – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- Kansas City, KS – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- Los Angeles, CA – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Raleigh-Durham, NC – Road to the Cloud – Azure Business Strategy and Networking for ISVs
- Reston, VA - Microsoft Dynamics Integrated Marketing & Sales Workshop
- Tampa, FL – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Washington, DC – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Visual Studio ALM Scenario with Azure
- SharePoint Online Public Site: Add an App and Programmatically Provision Users in Office 365 Tenant
- Modernizing Your Data Center Jump Start
- Office 365 Practice Accelerator for SMB
- Reducing Risk in the Cloud for Government
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite Attach to Office 365
Wednesday, October 29
- Denver, CO – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – Azure University: Partner Practice Enablement – Technical Training
- St. Louis, MO – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Tampa, FL – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Windows 10 for Enterprise
- Introduction to jQuery
- Learn how to secure SharePoint using ADFS 3.0
- Using PowerShell for Active Directory
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: AX 2012 R3 Warehouse Management
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Extended Human Resources & Payroll Pack in Dynamics GP 2013
- Microsoft Community Connections (MCC) Project Sky – Office 365
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Microsoft Dynamics Marketing Overview
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Extended Human Resources & Payroll Pack in Dynamics GP 2013
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Jump Start
Thursday, October 30
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – Azure University: Get Ready for Business as a Service
- Minneapolis, MN – SMB Live: Azure Technical Training – Hands-on Labs
- Silicon Valley, CA – Microsoft Cloud DevCamp
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Showcase the Power of Office 365
- TFS Farm with High Availability
- SharePoint Online - Update Custom Local AD Properties on SharePoint Online Users Profiles
Friday, October 31