Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
Introducing Windows 10 for Business – Guidance and Resources for Partners
Microsoft Channel Chief, Phil Sorgen, talks about the recent announcement of the Windows 10 technical preview and provides guidance and resources for partners to learn about it and answer customer questions—while continuing to help customers modernize their businesses with Windows 8.1.
October 21 Sales Excellence Webcast: Windows 10
Microsoft recently announced the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Join Betsy Pridmore, Director of US Windows Product Marketing, to learn more about the Windows vision. Our schedule of upcoming Sales and Licensing Excellence webcasts, as well as a list of on-demand webcasts, is available here.
US Azure Partner Community: Disaster Recovery Blog Series and Community Call
This month’s US Azure Partner Community focus is on how Microsoft Azure can be used to plan for and address common disaster recovery scenarios. Read our blog series about the topic, and register for the call on Thursday, October 16.
Amplify Your Office 365 Sales at Drumbeat Grow
Skilled Office 365 partner sellers are invited to attend Drumbeat Grow to refine and extend their sales skills, and transform customer product conversations into insightful, profitable, solution-based business discussions. Upcoming events in Dallas, New York, Atlanta, and Austin.
Office 365 Rainmaker Webcast Series for SMB Partners
This 8-part webcast series provides prescriptive guidance to help you capitalize on every cloud productivity sales opportunity. It will teach you methods to manage the customer lifecycle, generate demand, deliver demonstrations, increase renewals and so much more.
October 2014 Security Bulletin Release
As part of our regular schedule, on October 14, nine Security Bulletins will be released. Three of these updates are rated Critical, five are rated as Important, and one is rated Moderate in severity. These updates are for Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, .NET Framework, and ASP.NET.
Office 365 and SharePoint Webcast Series from Partner Technical Services
Register for technically focused webcasts that cover key Office 365 and SharePoint workloads and scenarios, to help you identify and address customer needs. Targeted to technical roles, functional roles, and consultants at Microsoft Partner Network member organizations, webcasts include both presentations and demonstrations.
Make Your Move to the Cloud: Cloud Profitability Fridays
On Fridays at 8:30AM Pacific Time, join a live Q&A chat with a cloud expert to learn more about cloud profitability topics such as the pitch, financial modeling, and creating a business plan. Each session also features a live Q&A chat with a cloud profitability subject matter expert.
WPC 2015 All-Access Pass – Pay $1,695 Through November 2
Join us at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) as we redefine productivity in a mobile-first, cloud-first world and anticipate future opportunity in the face of industry-wide change. This premier event for Microsoft partners is in Orlando, Florida from July 12–16. Through November 2, you can secure your spot at WPC 2015 for just $1,695. The price will increase on November 3.
Get Real Results with Email Marketing – Special Offer for US Partners Ends October 31
Your customers check their email all day, every day—making email a powerful way to generate leads, boost sales and build customer loyalty. Send unlimited emails for one flat fee. First 50 partners to register for a Constant Contact account receive $288 credit in their account. Terms and conditions
Training and Certification
October Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox. Look for the November Hot Sheet on October 16.
Windows Apportals Design and Development Training
A Windows Apportal is a Microsoft Windows 8.1 app that can integrate a customer’s entire line of business (LOB) stack into a single, modern, touch-based experience. Learn how to design and develop a fully functional Windows Apportal.
October 14 Bing Ads Webcast: Use Digital Advertising to Drive Leads for Your Cloud Practice
Register for this webcast to learn from Microsoft experts how search behavior, industry insights, and Bing Ads can drive leads for your cloud practice. Attendees will receive an offer to trial Bing Ads, and easy steps to build your first search marketing campaign on Bing Ads.
October 28-29 in Dallas, Texas: Microsoft Azure University
Azure University offers a business track that will help you develop the right business model for your market, and a technical track that provides the foundational knowledge for running new workloads in Azure or migrating existing workloads from on-premises.
Microsoft Azure Road to the Cloud Events for ISVs
Join this event to learn from your peers in the industry that have built a successful business in the cloud. You’ll hear from owners and leaders of successful software businesses about best practices and lessons learned, and gain insight about the cloud opportunity for a software business.
Calendar through October 24
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the October Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated. Look for the November Hot Sheet on October 16.
Monday, October 13
- Irvine, CA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Office 365 Ask the Experts
- Microsoft Azure Automation and Agents
Tuesday, October 14
- Introduction to a Lync 2013 Environment for Providing Voice to Office 365
- How to Use Digital Advertising to Drive Leads for Your Cloud Practice
Wednesday, October 15
- Houston, TX – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Los Angeles, CA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS)
- Windows 8 Apportal and Its Features
- SharePoint 2013 Business Continuity Management Using Microsoft Azure
- Office 365 FastTrack: What’s New?
- Security Bulletin Webcast
- Building Apps with node.js Jump Start
Thursday, October 16
- Downers Grove, IL – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Sunnyvale, CA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Boston, MA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Making Money with Office 365
- All New SharePoint Online Administration
- AAD Sync – Directory Synchronization, What’s Next?
- Exchange Hybrid Deep Dive
- Voices for Innovation: Partnering for Our Communities – The Example of Microsoft YouthSpark
- Big Data Use Cases on Microsoft Azure
- Dynamics CRM 2013 – Overview and Installation of Unified Service Desk
Friday, October 17
- Dallas, TX – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Downers Grove, IL – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Boston, MA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Sunnyvale, CA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- San Francisco, CA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Driving Demand for Your Office 365 Practice
- One Drive for Business – Manage Documents Deleted by User
- Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – Building a Finance Plan
Monday, October 20
- Bellevue, WA – SMB Live: Azure Technical Training – Hands-on Labs
- New York, NY – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Atlanta, GA – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Cambridge, MA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Denver, CO – Road to the Cloud – Azure Business Strategy and Networking for ISVs
- October 20–24 in Fargo, ND – Microsoft Dynamics AX Financial Training
- October 20–31 in Fargo, ND – Microsoft Dynamics AX Fast TrAX Express
- Dev/Test Scenarios in the DevOps World
- Deep Dive Windows Intune Labs
- Hosting SharePoint on Windows Azure
- Azure Active Directory Premium and Scenarios
Tuesday, October 21
- Alpharetta, GA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Austin, TX – Drumbeat Grow – Amplify Your Office 365 Sales
- Los Angeles, CA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Washington, DC – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- October 21–22 in Irvine, CA Microsoft Dynamics Integrated Marketing & Sales Workshop
- Sales and Licensing Excellence Webcasts: Let’s Make Windows 10 the Greatest Platform Ever
- Configure a Basic Voice Infrastructure for Your Office 365 Customers
- One Drive for Business – Programmatically Enable Versioning and Audit Logging
- SQL Server 2014 Data Analytics Community Call: The Modern Data Warehouse
- New StorSimple Services in Azure
- AzureConf – An Azure Community Event
- Integrate Office 365 APIs in Your Web Apps
Wednesday, October 22
- Alpharetta, GA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Los Angeles, CA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- New York, NY – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Washington, DC – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Integrate Office 365 APIs in Your Mobile Device Apps
- Windows 8 Universal Applications
- Learn how to Manage SharePoint Online / On-Premises with PowerShell
- Mobile Web Application Development
- Getting Started: Implement an Office 365 Pilot
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Hosting NAV on Azure
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Time Card New Features in Dynamics GP 2013 R2
Thursday, October 23
- Charlotte, NC – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Cleveland, OH – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Malvern, PA – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Tempe, AZ – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Driving Demand for Your Office 365 Practice
- ADFS scenarios
- Mail Migration to Office 365
- WebGL 3D Game Development with Babylon.js
- Last Stop: Getting Your Windows App to Market
Friday, October 24
- Cleveland, OH – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Charlotte, NC – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Malvern, PA – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- Malvern, PA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- Tempe, AZ – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- SharePoint Online – Share Documents with External Users with Mobile Apps
- Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – IDC and PC Media Interview