Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
September 29 Partner Program Update: New Cloud Competencies
The new Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions, Cloud Productivity, and Cloud Platform competencies that were announced at WPC 2014 are available now, and are designed to help you build and grow your cloud and hybrid practice. Learn more about how these new competencies are different, and what other investments we're making.
SQL Server 2014 Data Analytics Community Calls
Big data. Small data. All data. SQL Server 2014 can help your customers manage their data and unlock the insights they need to be profitable and successful. Register for the Data Analytics community calls on October 7, October 21, and November 5.
Introducing Windows 10 for Business – Guidance and Resources for Partners
Microsoft Channel Chief, Phil Sorgen, talks about the recent announcement of the Windows 10 technical preview and provides guidance and resources for partners to learn about it and answer customer questions—while continuing to help customers modernize their businesses with Windows 8.1.
Windows Apportals Design and Development Training
A Windows Apportal is a Microsoft Windows 8.1 app that can integrate a customer’s entire line of business (LOB) stack into a single, modern, touch-based experience. Everything that runs on Windows runs in a Windows Apportal, including Windows 7 desktop applications, Windows 8 modern apps, and web applications. Developers are invited to register for this training in one of several cities across the United States in October and November.
Microsoft US Azure Partner Community – October Focus on Disaster Recovery
The US Azure Partner Community focus for October is Disaster Recovery. Join our Azure experts–Nick Johnson, Frank Campise, and Jonathan Gardner–for coverage of this topic on our blog, Yammer group, and October 16 community call.
WPC 2015 All-Access Pass – Pay $1,695 Through November 2
Join us at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) as we redefine productivity in a mobile-first, cloud-first world and anticipate future opportunity in the face of industry-wide change. This premier event for Microsoft partners is in Orlando, Florida from July 12–16. Through November 2, you can secure your spot at WPC 2015 for just $1,695. The price will increase on November 3.
Friday, October 10: US SMB Partner Insider Calls in East, Central, and West Regions
Join your local Microsoft US team for the SMB Partner Insider calls. On these calls, your Microsoft Regional General Manager and Regional Account team will bring you the latest Microsoft information and resources for US partners serving SMB customers, giving you the opportunity to be among the first to know what’s happening.
Partner Guide to Microsoft Azure Resources
The momentum for Microsoft Azure with customers and within the industry continues to grow, and our cloud platform represents a significant opportunity for partners. Capitalize on this momentum by building a practice around Microsoft Azure, and delivering cloud value to customers through Azure deployment, usage, and consumption. Use our online guide to get started.
Advance Your Skills and Business Through Training and Relationships
US Partner Enablement Director, Scott Akin, explains how you can establish relationships with Microsoft Learning Partners and find the training you and your company need to meet your business goals.
Training and Certification
October Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox. Look for the November Hot Sheet on October 16.
October 14 Bing Ads Webcast: Use Digital Advertising to Drive Leads for Your Cloud Practice
Register for this webcast to learn from Microsoft experts how search behavior, industry insights, and Bing Ads can drive leads for your cloud practice. Attendees will receive an offer to trial Bing Ads, and easy steps to build your first search marketing campaign on Bing Ads.
Cloud Profitability Fridays: Webcasts + Live Q&A
Build and grow your cloud and hybrid practice with help from Microsoft. This series of webcasts features streaming videos to help Microsoft partners learn how to become profitable in the cloud. Also, a cloud subject-matter-expert will be on hand to answer live questions via a Q&A chat.
US Partner Sweepstakes for IT Pros, Developers, and Sales Professionals
Each month, we feature a Microsoft product or technology in our US partner sweepstakes to show our appreciation for your hard work preparing for and passing related exams and assessments. The Cloud Productivity sweepstakes focuses on Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and ends October 31. The Windows 8.1 Devices sweepstakes is our newest sweepstakes, and runs through November 30. Details on our blog here; official rules here.
Sales and Licensing Readiness: Weekly Webcasts
We are broadening the invitation to our popular sales and licensing webcasts, extending this learning opportunity to all partner sales roles interested in the topics we’re covering. Check out our blog post for the list of dates and topics, and register to join us.
Watch this video to learn how Microsoft Community Connections (MCC) is shaping the way small and medium businesses learn how to utilize technology to drive success. Learn how MCC joins partners and influencers to create momentum and work toward mutual goals of reaching new customers and helping them realize the value of technology.
Calendar through October 17
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the October Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated. Look for the November Hot Sheet on October 16.
Tuesday, October 7
- Introduction to Enterprise Voice for Office 365, Opportunities for Partners
- SQL Server 2014 Data Analytics Community Call: Reimagining BI (BI for Enterprise)
- Modern Workplace Series: Innovative Strategies to Keep Your Business On Top
Wednesday, October 8
- Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101 (in Downers Grove, IL)
- Office 365 Internal Use Rights: Get the Best from Your Partnership
- Labs on Azure
- Demystifying Word Templates for Dynamics GP 2013
- Partner Practice Enablement: Microsoft Azure Technical Training (in Silicon Valley, CA)
Thursday, October 9
- Identity Management and Directory Integration for Office 365
- Microsoft Azure Enhancements and Design Implications
- Get Ready for Business as a Service (in Silicon Valley, CA)
- Developing 2D Games with HTML5
- Azure Resource Manager DevOps Jump Start
- Dynamics Bite-Sized: Dynamics CRM 2013 – Custom Report Development
- Office 365 Summit (in New York, NY)
Friday, October 10
- Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101 (in Edina, MN)
- Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – Cloud Profitability Pitch
- SMB Partner Insider Call – East Region
- SMB Partner Insider Call – Central Region
- SMB Partner Insider Call – West Region
- October 13 in Irvine, CA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- October 13 – Office 365 Ask the Experts
- October 13 – Microsoft Azure Automation and Agents
- October 14 – Introduction to a Lync 2013 Environment for Providing Voice to Office 365
- October 14 – How to Use Digital Advertising to Drive Leads for Your Cloud Practice
- October 15 in Los Angeles, CA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- October 15 – Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS)
- October 15 – Windows 8 Apportal and Its Features
- October 15 – SharePoint 2013 Business Continuity Management using Windows Azure
- October 15 – Office 365 FastTrack: What’s New?
- October 15 – Security Bulletin Webcast
- October 15 – Building Apps with node.js Jump Start
- October 16 – Office 365 Rainmaker Series – Making Money with Office 365
- October 16 – All New SharePoint Online Administration
- October 16 – AAD Sync – Directory Synchronization, What’s Next?
- October 16 – Exchange Hybrid Deep Dive
- October 16 – Voices for Innovation: Partnering for Our Communities – The Example of Microsoft YouthSpark
- October 16 – Big Data Use Cases on Microsoft Azure
- October 16 – Dynamics CRM 2013 – Overview and Installation of Unified Service Desk
- October 17 in San Francisco, CA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- October 17 – One Drive for Business – Manage Documents Deleted by User
- October 17 – Cloud Profitability Webcast Series – Building a Finance Plan
- October 20 – SMB Live: Azure Technical Training – Hands-on Labs
- October 20 in Cambridge, MA – Windows Apportal Design and Development Guidance 101
- October 20 – Deep Dive Windows Intune Labs
- October 20 – Hosting SharePoint on Windows Azure
- October 20 in Denver, CO – Road to the Cloud – Azure Business Strategy and Networking for ISVs
- October 20 – Azure Active Directory Premium and Scenarios
- October 20–24 in Fargo, ND – Microsoft Dynamics AX Financial Training
- October 20–21 in Fargo, ND – Microsoft Dynamics AX Fast TrAX Express