Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
Update on the Cloud Solution Provider Program
The Cloud Solution Provider program was announced at WPC 2014, and the partner onboarding process has begun. Get an update about the program from Gavriella Schuster, General Manager of the Worldwide Partner Group.
Partner Guide to Microsoft Azure Resources
The momentum for Microsoft Azure with customers and within the industry continues to grow, and our cloud platform represents a significant opportunity for partners. Capitalize on this momentum by building a practice around Microsoft Azure, and delivering cloud value to customers through Azure deployment, usage, and consumption. Use our online guide to get started.
September 30: Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
Mobile technology is changing virtually every facet of government operations. In this webcast, a panel of experts will weigh in on the security, productivity, and collaboration issues that concern professionals at all levels of government. Register for this three-part webcast series that starts September 30.
Sales and Licensing Readiness: Weekly Webcasts
We are broadening the invitation to our popular sales and licensing webcasts, extending this learning opportunity to all partner sales roles interested in the topics we’re covering. Check out our blog post for the list of dates and topics, and register to join us.
September 30: FastTrack Office Hours for US Partners
Join Chris Hopkins, Technical Product Marketing Manager on the US Office Team, for FastTrack office hours. These sessions are open to US partners who want to learn more about FastTrack for Office 365 and the Office 365 Adoption Offer that’s currently in market.
Microsoft Office 365 Partner Community – September Focus on FastTrack Getting Started
The US Partner Team has established a partner community for Office 365, with activities that include blog posts, discussions on Yammer, community calls, and an email newsletter. This month’s Office 365 focus is on FastTrack Getting Started. Read part 2 of our blog series, and register for the Office 365 Partner Technical Community call on October 2.
Find Your Opportunity in the Internet of Things
Partners deploying an Internet of Things business today are preparing themselves for the IT environment of the future. Microsoft is committed to helping partners blaze new opportunities with this fast developing technology segment, to enable businesses and workers to make smarter decisions and actions.
Training and Certification
October Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
Lots of new training opportunities have been added for October and November to the current Hot Sheet. The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks.
Go Cloud-First with Training that Guides Your Cloud Transition
The Cloud Profitability Program is a series of training modules and connection to resources that will help you understand how to take your practice to the cloud. Learn how to define your strategy, shift your offerings, and close more business.
Cloud Productivity Assessment and Exam Sweepstakes
Demonstrate your sales knowledge or technical expertise about Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online by passing an eligible exam or assessment by October 31. Your success will earn you an entry to our sweepstakes and the chance to win an awesome Windows device. No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. + DC 18+ with an active MPN ID. Game ends 10/31/14. For alternate method of entry and details, see Official rules.
In this video, Michael Panciroli, US Partner Technical Strategist for Office 365, takes you on a tour of the FastTrack Portal, where you can provision Office 365 trial tenants, then plan their deployments and manage them. You can read Michael's blog posts about this topic for the US Partner Community here.
Calendar through October 10
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the October Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated.
- September 29 – Automation with System Center Orchestrator and Service Management (SMA)
- September 30 – FastTrack Office Hours for US Partners
- September 30–October 1 – Developing Universal Windows Apps (C#/XAML) Jump Start
- September 30 in Cincinnati, OH – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- October 1 in Cincinnati, OH – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- October 2 – Build Your SharePoint Enterprise Solution on Cloud – All New SharePoint Online Administration
- October 2 – Sales Readiness – Office 365 for the Enterprise
- October 2 – Office 365 Partner Community Call
- October 2 – Developing 2D Games with HTML5
- October 2 – Sales Readiness Weekly Webcast: Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA)
- October 5– 8 – eXtremeCRM 2014 Las Vegas
- October 6 – Sales Readiness Weekly Webcast: Microsoft SQL Server License Renewals and True-Ups
- October 6 – Hosting SharePoint on Microsoft Azure
- October 6–7 in Miami, FL – Office 365 Summit
- October 7 – Modern Workplace Series: Innovative Strategies to Keep Your Business On Top
- October 8 – Office 365 Internal Use Rights: Get the Best from Your Partnership
- October 8 – Labs on Azure
- October 8 – Demystifying Word Templates for Dynamics GP 2013
- October 9 – Microsoft Azure Enhancements and Design Implications
- October 9 – Developing 2D Games with HTML5
- October 9 – Azure Resource Manager DevOps Jump Start
- October 9 – Dynamics Bite-Sized: Dynamics CRM 2013 – Custom Report Development
- October 9 – 10 in New York, NY – Office 365 Summit
- October 10 – SMB Partner Insider Call – East Region
- October 10 – SMB Partner Insider Call – Central Region
- October 10 – SMB Partner Insider Call – West Region