Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
Find Your Opportunity in the Internet of Things
Partners deploying an Internet of Things business today are preparing themselves for the IT environment of the future. Microsoft is committed to helping partners blaze new opportunities with this fast developing technology segment, to enable businesses and workers to make smarter decisions and actions.
Microsoft Office 365 Partner Community – September Focus on FastTrack Getting Started
The US Partner Team has established a partner community for Office 365, with activities that include blog posts, discussions on Yammer, community calls, and an email newsletter. This month’s Office 365 focus is on FastTrack Getting Started. The Office 365 Partner Technical Community call is on October 2.
Introducing the Cloud Performance Competencies
In September, we're integrating the cloud into the Microsoft Partner Network, with three new competencies for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure that you can qualify for through your proven cloud performance. Partners that attain the new Cloud Performance competencies will earn the silver level at no cost and receive gold level at a reduced price.
Watch on Demand: Microsoft Government Virtual Summit
The Microsoft Government Virtual Summit is now available online. This event was intended for government agencies and partners that serve government customers, and featured information about One Cloud Designed for Government.
Windows and Devices Partner Update
Read this update from the US Windows Partner Lead for information about the campaigns and promotions that will help you deliver the best Windows 8.1 experience possible on the best devices. The Windows Accelerate and the Corporate Buyback programs continue, and we’re introducing new campaigns and programs that will help you land the value of Windows 8.1 devices and services with your customers.
September 30: FastTrack Office Hours for US Partners
Join Chris Hopkins of the US Office Team on his new FastTrack office hours for partners call. You’ll learn more about the FastTrack for Office 365 service benefit and the Office 365 Adoption Offer that’s currently in market. Space is limited on these calls. Call information and more FastTrack information is available on our FastTrack Yammer group.
Go Cloud-First with Resources that Guide Your Cloud Transition
The Cloud Profitability Program is a series of training modules and connection to resources that will help you understand how to take your practice to the cloud. Learn how to define your strategy, shift your offerings, and close more business.
Try Constant Contact’s Email Marketing Platform at No Cost for a Limited Time
Constant Contact is offering Microsoft partners a no-cost, three-month trial period of its email marketing platform. Manage multiple emails from a unified platform, and take advantage of new email content from Ready-to-Go Marketing campaigns. Download and work with the templates through RTG campaigns, or work with them within Constant Contact. Terms and conditions apply.
Training and certification
October Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet in your email inbox.
Register for SMB Live Training for Office 365 and Azure in October
SMB Live: Conquer the Cloud training for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure will be in several United States cities during the month of October. Register today to secure your spot.
Two Ways to Win in September: Cloud OS and Cloud Productivity Sweepstakes
In market now, two sweepstakes for technical and sales roles, offering you the opportunity to pass exams or assessments and earn entries to win a Windows device. The Cloud OS sweepstakes ends September 30, so there are just a few days left to enter. The Cloud Productivity sweepstakes, featuring Office 365 and Dynamics CRM Online, ends October 31. Official rules.
Watch this video, featuring Worldwide Partner Group Vice President, Phil Sorgen, and General Manager, Gavriella Schuster, to learn how the Microsoft Partner Network program is making it easier for you to build your business while bringing industry-leading cloud solutions to customers.
Calendar through October 3
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the October Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated.
- September 23 – Power BI for Office 365
- September 23 – Microsoft and LSP True-Up Plans
- September 23–24 – Introduction to Programming with Python
- September 24 – Cloud OS App Launch Services Community call
- September 24 – High Availability and Disaster Recovery for SQL Server in Azure Virtual Machines Using Always On Availability Groups
- September 24 – Real Life SharePoint Deployment Conversion from FTC (Full Trust Code) to App Model
- September 24 – Lighting Up Real-Time Web Communications with SignalR
- September 24 – Labs on Azure
- September 25 – Analysis Services Tabular BI Semantic Model with Power View
- September 25 – Managing Multimedia assets with SharePoint 2013
- September 25 – Azure Essentials: Wining Against the Competition
- September 25 – Developing Games with Construct 2
- September 25 – Office 365 Ask the Experts - Mail Migration
- September 26 – Azure SQL Database for Business –Critical Cloud Applications
- September 26 – SQL Server 2014 and Azure Integration
- September 26–28 in Redmond, WA – SMB Nation 2014 Fall Conference
- September 29 – Automation with System Center Orchestrator and Service Management (SMA)
- September 30 – FastTrack Office Hours for US Partners (this link takes you to a download in the US Partner Community Yammer network)
- September 30 – October 1 – Developing Universal Windows Apps (C#/XAML) Jump Start
- September 30 in Cincinnati, OH – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- October 1 in Cincinnati, OH – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- October 2 – Learning Partner Sales Readiness – Office 365 for the Enterprise
- October 2 – Office 365 Partner Community Call
- October 2 – Developing 2D Games with HTML5
- October 2 – LSP Webcast: Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA)