Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
Microsoft Azure Partner Technical Community – September Focus on EMS
The US Partner Team has established two Partner Technical Communities, for Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365. Led by National Partner Technology Strategists (PTS), Partner Technical Community activities include blog posts, discussions on Yammer, and community calls. This month’s Azure focus is on Enterprise Mobility Suite, or EMS.
September 10: Microsoft Government Virtual Summit
The Microsoft Government Virtual Summit is a free, online event for government agencies and partners that serve government customers, featuring One Cloud Designed for Government. This event has two tracks—a Federal Track and a State and Local Track— to best fit your business and your customers.
September 16: Licensing Solution Provider (LSP) Weekly Webcast
Join Microsoft product and licensing subject-matter experts for a weekly webcast on level 100 to 200 sales and licensing information, including customer value proposition, key sales and licensing scenarios, and common customer conversations. Register to attend the first webcast on Tuesday, September 16, which will cover the opportunity with Windows Server 2003 end of support.
Introducing the Cloud Performance Competencies
This month, we're integrating the cloud into the Microsoft Partner Network, with three new competencies for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure that you can qualify for through your proven cloud performance. Partners that attain the new Cloud Performance competencies will earn the silver level at no cost and receive gold level at a reduced price. Review the presentation posted to our Yammer network for more information.
FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Office 365: Overview for US Partners
If you were not able to join the FastTrack partner calls hosted by Chris Hopkins this week, you can watch the recording of the September 3 call online in our FastTrack group on the US Partner Community Yammer network. You’ll learn about the new FastTrack for Office 365 service benefit and the new Officer 365 Adoption Offer that started September 1.
Windows and Devices Partner Update
Read this update from the US Windows Partner Lead for information about the campaigns and promotions that will help you deliver the best Windows 8.1 experience possible on the best devices. The Windows Accelerate and the Corporate Buyback programs continue, and we’re introducing new campaigns and programs that will help you land the value of Windows 8.1 devices and services with your customers.
Build a Profitable Cloud Practice: New Blog and Training Series
New Cloud Profitability Program training modules help you understand the benefit of cloud business and how to get started to transform your company into the cloud world.
Selling Office 365 to SMB Customers? Start with the Office BEST Campaign
Boost your SMB cloud sales with the Office BEST campaign from Ready-to-Go Marketing. It’s your best starting point for selling Microsoft Office solutions to SMB customers. New Office 365 SMB SKUs will be available starting October 1, and this campaign includes resources to help you learn about what’s new and talk to your customers.
Sell, Deploy, and Support the Microsoft Hybrid Cloud
Partner Technical Services has offerings to assist you in all stages of your sales cycle. Find out about the resources they offer to help you win more deals, deploy more seats, and resolve product-specific issues.
Training and Certification
September Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet as soon as it's published each month. Look for the October Hot Sheet the week of September 15.
September 18: US Azure Partner Technical Community Call
Join Nick Johnson, US Partner Technology Strategist for Microsoft Azure, for a look at Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS). You’ll learn about the three main features: Hybrid Identify, Mobile Device Management, and Information Protection. The call includes a demo of setting up EMS so you can test it and become an expert for your customers.
New! Cloud Productivity Sweepstakes for Sales and Technical Roles
Enter the Cloud Productivity sweepstakes by passing eligible certification exams, technical assessments, and sales assessments that cover Office 365, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. On our US Partner Training and Certification blog, we provide technical and sales training recommendations and resources. Contests end October 31.
- Cloud Productivity Sales Specialist sweepstakes details and rules
- Cloud Productivity technical sweepstakes details and rules
Register for SMB Live Training in September and October
SMB Live: Conquer the Cloud training for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure starts in September in Houston, Texas; Bellevue, Washington; Overland Park, Kansas; and Cincinnati, Ohio. It will continue in October in an additional 21 US cities. Register today to secure your spot.
US Partner Cloud OS Sweepstakes for Sales and Technical Roles – Ends September 30
Enter the Cloud OS sweepstakes by passing eligible certification exams, technical assessments, and sales assessments that cover Windows Server, System Center, and SQL Server. On our US Partner Training and Certification blog, we provide both technical and sales training and resource recommendations. Contests end September 30.
- Cloud OS Sales Specialist sweepstakes details and rules
- Cloud OS technical sweepstakes details and rules
Watch this video, recommended by US Partner Technology Strategist for Azure, Nick Johnson about Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS). EMS addresses BYOD, SaaS, and consumerization of IT challenges, and is the focus of this month’s US Azure Partner Technical Community blog posts, calls, and Yammer posts. Register here for the September 18 community call.
Calendar through September 19
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the September Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated. Look for the October Hot Sheet the week of September 15.
- September 8 – Integrating Yammer and SharePoint Using .NET
- September 8 – Search Driven Publishing in SharePoint Online
- September 8 – Azure Fundamentals
- September 9 – Enterprise Social with Yammer
- September 9 – Azure Essentials: How to Buy and Make Money with Microsoft Azure
- September 9 – Dynamics Bite-Sized – Effective BI Using Business Analyzer
- September 9 – 10 – Developing 2D & 3D Games with Unity for Windows Jump Start
- September 9 – Microsoft Security Bulletin – September Release
- September 10 – Microsoft Security Bulletin Webcast
- September 10 – Reporting Capabilities (BI) in Project Online
- September 10 – Unleash the Power of SAP on the New Microsoft Cloud Platform
- September 10 – Microsoft Government Virtual Summit
- September 11 – Visual Studio Enhancement for Azure Development
- September 11 – Azure Essentials: Solving Security and Compliance Concerns with Microsoft Azure
- September 11 in Houston, Texas – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- September 12 in Houston, Texas – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- September 12 – SAP NetWeaver on Windows Azure Virtual Machine
- September 12 – Networking and Data Services Enhancements Microsoft Azure
- September 12 – East Region SMB Insider Partner Call
- September 12 – Central Region SMB Insider Partner Call
- September 12 – West Region SMB Insider Partner Call
- September 14–16 in San Diego, California – NAV Directions 2014
- September 15 – SQL Server 2014 in Memory OLTP
- September 15 – SharePoint 2013 Business Continuity Management
- September 15 – Architecting SAP NetWeaver Based Applications on Azure
- September 15–18 in Alpharetta, Georgia – Microsoft Dynamics Development in AX Workshop
- September 15–18 in Seattle, Washington – Microsoft Experience Center Facilitator Boot Camp
- September 16 – Azure Essentials Tech Dive: Extend Your Customer Data Center with Microsoft Azure
- September 16 – Manage SharePoint with PowerShell
- September 16 – Federated Identity in the Cloud
- September 16 in Bellevue, Washington – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- September 17 in Bellevue, Washington – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- September 17 – SAP on Azure – Deployment Scenarios
- September 17 – SQL Server Business Intelligence in Azure Virtual Machines
- September 17 – SharePoint Solutions and Architectures on Microsoft Azure
- September 17 – Federated Identity in the Cloud
- September 18 – Performance Tuning in SharePoint 2013
- September 18 – Azure Partner Technical Community Call
- September 18 – What’s New in Visual Studio Online (Cloud)
- September 18 in Overland Park, Kansas – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- September 19 in Overland Park, Kansas – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- September 19 – Application Patterns and Development Strategies for SQL Server in Azure Virtual Machines
- September 19 – Publishing SharePoint 2013 with Windows Server 2012 Web Application Proxy (WAP)