Welcome to this issue of the US Partner News Online! Each week, we’ll bring you the latest news and information for Microsoft partners. You can read previous weeks’ issues at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter.
If you’d like to see the next post in your email inbox, go to the main US Partner Community blog page and enter your email address under “Subscribe and follow” on the right hand side.
FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Office 365: Overview for US Partners
Join Chris Hopkins, Technical Product Marketing Manager on the US Office Team, for “Office Hours” calls for US partners that will provide overviews about the new FastTrack for Office 365 service benefit and the new Office 365 Adoption Offer that starts on September 1. On the US Partner Community blog, get the call details and add your preferred call day/time to your calendar.
Why FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Office 365 is Great News for Partners The goal of FastTrack is to help customers get onboarded to Office 365 as quickly as possible, improving overall customer satisfaction and providing partners with more opportunities for value added services. Read this post by Gavriella Schuster, General Manager for the Worldwide Partner Group, about these opportunities.
September 10: Microsoft Government Virtual Summit
The Microsoft Government Virtual Summit is a free, online event for government agencies and partners that serve government customers, featuring One Cloud Designed for Government. This event has two tracks—a Federal Track and a State and Local Track— to best fit your business and your customers.
Introducing the Cloud Performance Competencies
In September, we're integrating the cloud into the Microsoft Partner Network, with three new competencies for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure that you can qualify for through your proven cloud performance. Partners that attain the new Cloud Performance competencies will earn the silver level at no cost and receive gold level at a reduced price. Review the presentation posted to our Yammer network for more information.
Windows and Devices Partner Update
Read this update from the US Windows Partner Lead for information about the campaigns and promotions that will help you deliver the best Windows 8.1 experience possible on the best devices. The Windows Accelerate and the Corporate Buyback programs continue, and we’re introducing new campaigns and programs that will help you land the value of Windows 8.1 devices and services with your customers.
Register for SMB Live Training in September and October
SMB Live: Conquer the Cloud training for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure starts in September in Houston, Texas; Bellevue, Washington; Overland Park, Kansas; and Cincinnati, Ohio. It will continue in October in an additional 21 US cities. Register today to secure your spot.
September 12: Join Your Local Microsoft Team for Their September SMB Partner Call
Register to attend the September 12 SMB Partner Insider calls for US East, Central, and West Regions. Find out how you can enter to win a Surface Pro 3. Contest ends September 12. Official rules.
Microsoft Azure in Open Licensing Campaign
Azure in Open offers you tremendous opportunities. Target more customers with this flexible, affordable licensing model. Start getting the word out now with the marketing and sales materials provided in this campaign.
The Microsoft Partner Incentives Portfolio
Microsoft Small and Medium Business and Surface Incentives are now live in market—learn more about the Partner Incentives available now and that are coming later this year. Sign in for access.
From Server to Cloud, PCs to Mobile Devices: #modernbiz for SMB Customers Campaign
The ModernBiz campaign focuses on delivering real-world solutions that address the key business goals and challenges of SMBs. Campaign assets include sales tools, marketing templates, competitive resources, and partner readiness materials. Our new ModernBiz campaign will help you get to market quickly to deliver solutions your SMB customers need, so you can be more profitable.
Microsoft Pinpoint: Optimize Your Profile and Connect with Customers
Get listed on Microsoft Pinpoint and start connecting with customers looking for services and applications from trusted experts. In the Partner Center, you'll find tips for creating a profile that gets noticed, inviting customers to submit reviews about your company and offerings, and more.
Optimize Your Bing Ads Campaigns for Back-to-School Season
Back-to-school is one of the largest retail season of the year. Download the Bing Ads Agency eBook and drive greater client profits this retail season.
Training and Certification
September Hot Sheet: Find and Register for Upcoming Training and Partner Calls
The Hot Sheet is a frequently updated schedule of live virtual and in-person training and informational calls that are coming in the next few weeks. Subscribe to the US Partner Learning blog to receive the Hot Sheet as soon as it's published each month.
Build a Profitable Cloud Practice: New Blog and Training Series
New Cloud Profitability Program training modules help you understand the benefit of cloud business and how to get started to transform your company into the cloud world.
Add Microsoft Azure to Your SMB Cloud Practice – Azure Essentials Webcasts
The Azure Essentials web series features business and technical content for partners that want to offer their SMB customers Azure-based solutions. Get started with on-demand sessions, and then register for live webcasts that start in September.
US Partner Cloud OS Sweepstakes for Sales and Technical Roles
Enter the Cloud OS sweepstakes by passing eligible certification exams, technical assessments, and sales assessments that cover Windows Server, System Center, and SQL Server. On our US Partner Training and Certification blog, we provide both technical and sales training and resource recommendations. Contests end September 30.
- Cloud OS Sales Specialist sweepstakes details and rules
- Cloud OS technical sweepstakes details and rules
Exam Savings for WPC 2014 Attendees – Offer Ends August 31
WPC 2014 attendees are eligible to purchase select Microsoft exams at a discount. Get up to 10 exams free, plus get a Second Shot for all exams purchased through this offer.
Watch this video, featuring Worldwide Partner Group Vice President, Phil Sorgen, and General Manager, Gavriella Schuster, to learn how the Microsoft Partner Network program is making it easier for you to build your business while bringing industry-leading cloud solutions to customers.
Calendar through September 12
This list is a sampling of upcoming partner calls, training, and events. Refer to the September Hot Sheet for a comprehensive list for the next several weeks that's frequently updated.
- September 2 – FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Office 365: overview for US partners
- September 3 – FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Office 365: overview for US partners
- September 3 in New York, New York – Microsoft Azure: Get Ready for Business as a Service
- September 3–4 in New York, New York – Partner Practice Enablement: Microsoft Azure Technical Training
- September 3–4 – Open Source Questions Answered (Developers)
- September 4 – FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Office 365: overview for US partners
- September 5 – FastTrack and the Adoption Offer for Office 365: overview for US partners
- September 8–26 in Fargo, North Dakota – Microsoft Dynamics AX Fast TrAX Developer Track
- September 9 – Enterprise Social with Yammer
- September 9 – Azure Essentials: How to Buy and Make Money with Microsoft Azure
- September 9 – Dynamics Bite-Sized - Effective BI Using Business Analyzer
- September 9 – 10 – Developing 2D & 3D Games with Unity for Windows Jump Start
- September 9 – Microsoft Security Bulletin – September Release
- September 10 – Microsoft Security Bulletin Webcast
- September 10 – Microsoft Government Virtual Summit
- September 11 – Visual Studio Enhancement for Azure Development
- September 11 – Azure Essentials: Solving Security and Compliance Concerns with Microsoft Azure
- September 11 in Houston, Texas – SMB Live: Azure Essentials Unlocked
- September 12 in Houston, Texas – SMB Live: Turbocharge Your Office 365 Business
- September 12 – East Region SMB Insider Partner Call
- September 12 – Central Region SMB Insider Partner Call
- September 12 – West Region SMB Insider Partner Call