Microsoft recently announced Windows Apportals, Windows 8.1 apps that can integrate a customer’s entire line of business (LOB) stack into a single, modern, touch-based experience. Windows Apportals were built in response to numerous customer requests to create an “on-the-glass” integration for the wide variety of LOB apps that exist in their organizations today, including legacy Windows 7 desktop applications; newer, modern Windows 8 apps, and web-based applications. Apportals can be generated by vertical, by industry, or by role, and allow custom branding with customer-specific logos.
Later this month, we will make available partner-ready training and assets that will let you capitalize on this unique new way to deliver business solutions and provide you with a compelling new service offering across industry and role-specific scenarios:
- Sales training to learn how to position and demo Windows Apportals
- A downloadable demo and bits that let you create customer-specific scenarios
- Technical how-to guide and sample Statement of Work (SOW)
- Guide to building a Windows Apportal (sign in required)
Once you see how powerful Windows Apportals are in addressing customer needs, you’ll want to incorporate them into your sales and deployment motions.
- Add session MD631, New Windows 8.1 Apportals Drive Business Opportunities for US Partners, to your schedule in WPC Connect.
- Visit the Windows Apportals booth in the Microsoft Central section of the Expo in The Commons, and ask for a demo.