The Internet of Things (IoT) will take center stage at the 2014 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference. The Windows Embedded team is committed to helping you understand your opportunity by delivering intelligent systems solutions.
Topics we’ll cover in sessions about the Internet of Things include:
- Unleash the potential of the Internet of Things through intelligent systems solutions
- Services for Internet of Things: Next wave of revenue growth for partners
- Windows devices for the Internet of Things: Creating intelligent systems through innovative devices and services
- Building an intelligent systems business with Microsoft Azure services
- Internet of Things in Health and Internet of Things in Manufacturing
Featured IoT sessions
BD514 – Services for the Internet of Things (IoT): The Next Wave of Revenue Growth for Partners
Tuesday, July 15 at 9:00AM
The business opportunity for US SIs and ISVs around the Internet of Things is huge. In this breakout session, Nayana Singh, and Jeff Wettlaufer, both Senior Product Marketing Managers on the Microsoft IoT team, will join Microsoft Intelligent Systems partners, CGI UK Ltd. and Infosys, to discuss the partner revenue opportunity presented with the Microsoft Azure Intelligent Systems Service (ISS). Leave this session with a vision for new revenue streams.
BD515 – Windows Devices for the Internet of Things (IoT): Creating Intelligent Systems through Innovative Devices and Services
Tuesday, July 15 at 1:00PM
Attend this session to hear IoT team members David Wurster, Group Product Marketing Manager, and Colin Murphy, Senior Product Marketing Manager, discuss Microsoft investments for industry devices from tablets and handhelds to sensors. Helping customers realize the value of the data collected by these endpoints is what Internet of Things (IoT) opportunity is all about. After this session, visit the Microsoft Cloud and Enterprise demos to see these devices working with the Microsoft Azure Intelligent Systems Service.
BD516: Building an Intelligent Systems Business with Microsoft Azure Services
Tuesday, July 15 at 2:30PM
This breakout sessions gives US SIs and ISVs a more technical slant on the Microsoft Azure Intelligent Systems Service (ISS). IoT team members Nayana Singh, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Karen Roberts, Senior Partner/Channel Marketing Manager and Cyra Richardson, Principal Quality Manager, will cover how you can extend ISS to create rich, customized, vertical experiences, analytics, and data visualization solutions. For example, you will learn how you can leverage analytics tools like Power BI and HD Insight. Leave the session knowing more about the ISS SDK and the ISS deployment process.
Full list of IoT sessions
Add these sessions to your WPC Schedule by signing into WPC Connect and searching by session number or by clicking the session link below.
Monday, July 14
Tuesday, July 15
Wednesday, July 16
The US Partner’s Guide to a Great WPC 2014
To help you prepare for your trip to Washington, DC and for your time at WPC 2014, the US Partner Team has created and published to the US Partner Community Yammer network an online guide that provides schedules, links to resources, and information about:
- What you can expect at WPC
- How to connect with the US Partner Team while in Washington, DC
- The activities listed above specifically for US partners: the United States Regional Keynote, People for Innovation event, US Partner Celebration, US sessions, and our US Lounge in The Commons
- How to get the most from your WPC investment
- How to stay informed leading up to and during WPC
As we approach the conference, we’ll update the deck as needed to reflect new details. You can come back to it anytime on the US Partner Community on Yammer at https://aka.ms/uswpcguide.
Stay informed about US activities at WPC 2014 through Twitter @WPCUS, and join the conversation at #WPC14 and #usatwpc.