by Julie Golding, US MPN Lead
If your company has the Microsoft Server Platform competency, note that there are new requirements that align to the release of the Microsoft Certification exams for Windows Server 2012. Microsoft Partner Network members with the Server Platform competency are encouraged to take action today to understand what the status of their competency is and what new requirements need to be met.
You can consult the Competency Roadmap—a downloadable, regularly updated, comprehensive membership document—for a description of the recently made changes to the Server Platform competency, and the changes you can expect to take place in October of this year (for example, note that all exams related to Windows Server 2008 will be retired).
Here are the resources you need to identify what action your company needs to take, and start working to maintain your competency, so you can remain among the top 5 percent of Microsoft partners.
Determine your membership status and identify needed requirements
- Your company’s Program Administrator has access to your company’s Microsoft Partner Network membership information in the Partner Membership Center.
- Status of achieved and in-progress competencies for your company is located in the Partner Membership Center > Requirements & Assets > Competency Summary.
- For assistance with questions about Microsoft competencies, I recommend the Partner Membership forum in the Partner Support Community.
Work to complete missing requirements
Take steps now to complete any missing requirements so that your company is ready to renew its membership by the MPN anniversary date.
- Encourage your sales team to follow the training recommendations in the Server Platform competency learning path to prepare for and take assessments.
- Encourage your technical team to follow the training recommendations in the Server Platform competency learning path to prepare for certification exams.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy Jump Starts can help IT pros and developers prepare for certification with free, online training.
- Windows Server 2012 resources for partners are available on the partner portal.
For membership and benefits support, contact Microsoft Partner Network.