Each year at the Worldwide Partner Conference, the U.S. Partner Team delivers a track of content that aligns to the key themes of the conference and articulates how U.S. partners can engage with us in the coming year. Previously, the sessions have been held on the last day of WPC, in a U.S. “track day.” This year, based on partner feedback, and taking advantage of some changes to the overall conference agenda, we’re refreshing our approach to the U.S. Subsidiary track.
This post was updated May 10.
What’s new this year on the WPC agenda
This year, Vision Keynotes at the Houston Toyota Center will open WPC on Monday and close the day on Wednesday, just before the Partner Celebration. Vision Keynotes are where you’ll hear about the Microsoft strategy and vision—the big bets we’re making with our products and our partners. Past Vision Keynotes have been delivered by Steve Ballmer, Jon Roskill, Tami Reller, and Kevin Turner, among others. Value Keynotes, which provide you with more specific product and program strategy, and are presented by leaders from our worldwide Business Groups, will be held on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
Review the Agenda at a Glance for more details about the Vision and Value Keynotes schedule.
Get a taste of the WPC 2012 Vision and Value Keynotes on video (expand “Browse All 2012” to select).
Another difference in this year’s schedule is a shorter last day. We’ll end the conference at 12:30pm on Thursday. On the Agenda at a Glance, you’ll notice that Thursday has a local focus. As a U.S. partner, though, you’ll have an opportunity to attend U.S.-specific sessions throughout the week, not just on Thursday. Titles and descriptions for most of our sessions are now published in the online Session Catalog (on the right side of the page, expand Track, and select U.S. Subsidiary). You won’t find dates and times yet—that information will be available to registered WPC attendees in WPC Connect closer to the conference. When selecting the sessions to offer you this year, we looked for content that will help you build your practice, increase your sales and revenues, monetize new opportunities, and that aligns to the core themes of this year’s conference: Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, and Social. Check back for updates as we finalize the last few titles and descriptions.
U.S. Subsidiary sessions list
The following sessions will take place throughout the conference week. Dates, times, and locations will be available in WPC Connect in May.
- A guided tour of U.S. partner programs and the resources that keep you informed
- Accelerate your U.S. customers to Microsoft Office 365
- Ahead of the curve: staying a step ahead of industry evolution by taking your U.S. cloud practice to the next level
- Best practices for U.S. enterprise partnering
- Beyond the breakeven: building a successful U.S. cloud business
- Delivering solutions and driving revenue with enterprise social in the U.S.
- Development platforms U.S. community update: modern apps and the partner opportunity
- Drive revenue, create new opportunities, and increase customer satisfaction with the U.S. MEC program
- Driving your Lync business in FY14: U.S. go-to-market program for Lync partners
- Game changers in the U.S. application ecosystem
- Growing and expanding your Lync practice in the U.S.
- How U.S. partners can monetize Windows Azure IaaS
- New perspectives on U.S. enterprise mobility with Windows Phone 8
- New perspectives on U.S. partnering, featuring IAMCP
- Office 365 Education: tens of millions of U.S. students connecting with partner apps and services
- Secrets of a successful U.S. Windows Azure partner
- Selling private cloud solutions: seven tips all U.S. hosting companies need to know
- The evolution of the Microsoft U.S. learning partner and U.S. FY14 priorities
- U.S. overview of FY14 worldwide Azure Circle program and new Microsoft Partner Network competency
- U.S. partner roundtable: practical Big Data discussion
- Winning against Google in the U.S.: Exploiting Google’s weaknesses around Security, Privacy and Compliance
- Winning with Windows 8 in the U.S.
U.S. SMB-specific sessions on Thursday, July 11, 9:00AM – 12:30PM
- U.S. SMB keynote session by Cindy Bates: A new era—accelerating partner growth in the U.S. SMB market
- U.S. SMB partner playbook
Regional keynotes on Thursday, July 11, 11:30AM–12:30PM
- U.S. Central Region keynote session: prepare for success in FY14
- U.S. East Region keynote session: prepare for success in FY14
- U.S. West Region keynote session: prepare for success in FY14
More U.S. activities at WPC
The U.S. Subsidiary track is just one of the activities for U.S. partners at this year’s Worldwide Partner Conference. You are also invited to the U.S. Celebration the evening of Tuesday, July 9 at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, and the U.S. Lounge will be open throughout the conference. There are other activities still in planning right now, and I’ll share more details about your opportunities to learn, connect, and celebrate with the U.S. team over the next few weeks.
RSVP on Facebook to let us know you’ll be there and get updates as the conference approaches.