The Windows 8 Ignite program is a marketing evidence program for Microsoft partners and their small business customers. It gives our most innovative and supportive partners and customers a chance to get excited about using Windows 8 in their businesses. Customer evidence allows us to tell the Windows 8 story through the voice of the customer. Each case study is written with a customer and their associated IT partner.
We want to hear about your interesting and unique Windows 8 success story with a small business customer, and give you an opportunity to be part of our Windows 8 marketing efforts. Through March 25, U.S. partners can nominate their small business customers—with fewer than 100 employees—who are ready to make the move to Windows 8 to participate in a case study. If your nomination is selected, both you and your customer can benefit from participating.
To nominate your customer, read the information below about what customer stories fit the program, participation information, and how we use the case studies from this program. Then, download and complete the nomination form and send it by email to W8Ignite@microsoft.com. Nominations must be submitted by March 25.
What customers and stories should be nominated?
We are looking for U.S. customers with fewer than 100 employees that have an interesting angle to their business story. Here are some additional things we are looking for in your nomination:
- Stories about partners and customers that have developed, or are using, new Windows Store apps
- Interesting and unique customer usage scenarios
- Customers who are currently using Windows XP but interested in migrating to Windows 8
- Businesses that are managing tablets in a domain environment
- Customers interested in moving to Windows 8 with a non-touch experience
How to participate, and what you and your customers receive
If your customer story is selected for inclusion in the Windows 8 Ignite marketing evidence program, you and your customer will be asked to participate in specific activities. In return, there are some terrific rewards and opportunities.
|How you participate||What you receive|
For Your Customer
|How they participate||What they receive|
How is this evidence used in marketing?
- Case studies get visibility on Microsoft websites, blogs, PR materials, etc.
- Customer quotes are included in Microsoft marketing materials.
- We quote participating customers and partners at Microsoft events, like Worldwide Partner Conference and product launch events. Sometimes, we invite customers and partners to attend and speak at events.
- Other partners use these case studies and quotes while talking to their customers.
- The Microsoft field uses these case studies while engaging with customers.
- Some case studies get converted into videos, which are published on Microsoft online and social properties, like the Microsoft YouTube channel.
- Our Microsoft PR team selects case studies that tell the most compelling stories. PR can link customers to reporters and amplify these stories.
How to submit your nomination
Contact the Windows 8 Ignite team at W8Ignite@microsoft.com if you have questions about this opportunity.