With the release of the new Office 365 for businesses on February 27, the new Office is now fully available to businesses, academic institutions, and consumers.
To help you find the resources you need to prepare yourself and your business for the opportunities the new Office brings, we have compiled this online guide. Come back to https://aka.ms/us-partner-new-office any time to see what’s new.
This post was updated May 3.
- Register for WPC 2013 to attend sessions about the new Office delivered by the US Office team that will increase your sales and monetize your opportunities.
Talk to your customers about how Office 365 compares with Google in security, compliance, and privacy, using this new PowerPoint presentation.
Read Jon Roskill’s recent blog post, A Big Milestone for Microsoft Cloud Partners, about the momentum of Office 365 and our Cloud Essentials program.
Each Wednesday through the end of June, learn from Microsoft experts and our cloud distributor partners about the new licensing options for Microsoft Office 365. Next calls: May 15; May 22; May 29; June 5; June 12; June 19; June 26.
The Office Talk Office Hours series covers Microsoft Office in depth—these interactive sessions provide you with product demos, selling tips and tricks, and business best practices from Microsoft and other partners. Upcoming calls: May 14: Microsoft Exchange 2013; May 28: Microsoft Word 2013; June 11: SharePoint 2013; June 25: PowerPoint 2013
Migrate your customers to the modern desktop before April 8, 2014, when support for Office 2003 ends:
Get to know the new Office
- Office solutions on the portal
- Download your internal-use software for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 (a benefit of gold competency, silver competency, and Action Pack subscription)
- The new Office on the U.S. partner portal
- Evaluate Office Professional Plus 2013 on TechNet (IT pro) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/jj192782.aspx or on MSDN (developer) http://msdn.microsoft.com/evalcenter/jj720319.aspx
- IT Pros: Download guides to get started with the new Office, new Office 365, new Exchange, and new Lync at http://officeignitelabs.cloudguides.com/
- Read the Office Blogs (Office News and Office Next) http://blogs.office.com/
- Office news on the Microsoft News Center http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/presskits/office/default.aspx
- On Twitter at https://twitter.com, follow @Office @Office365 @MSOfficeResKit @MSFTnews @msuspartner @mslearningcurve, and look for #Office tweets
Showcase your company’s expertise and create customer demand
- Explore the Microsoft competencies aligned to Core Infrastructure and Business Productivity.
- Create a customized demonstration of Office 365 with MEC Demo.
- Accelerate your sales of cloud and on-premises Office with Cloud Easy and Big Easy Offer 10.
- Identify upsell opportunities with your Customer Talk workbook.
- Office campaigns from Ready-to-Go Marketing
- Profile your Office solution, service, or application on Microsoft Pinpoint.
- Migrate your customers to the modern desktop before April 8, 2014, when support for Office 2003 ends:
Take advantage of sales, technical, licensing, and business training benefits
- Office 365 Solution Selling materials help you have more meaningful cloud conversations.
- Earn incentives for selling, deploying, and managing online services including Microsoft Office 365 in the Online Services Advisor incentives guide. Join our incentives expert on May 16, June 6, and June 20 for a discussion about these incentives.
- Ends May 31: Accelerate your sales of both cloud and on-premises Office with Cloud Easy and Big Easy Offer 10
- Follow Office 2013 and Office 365 learning paths for your business model and role
- Office 365 – http://assets.msleap365.com/content/lpguid/htmh/3B4AED5BD9D64071A2A55172EA7E3BA2.htm
- Office – https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/pages/training/learning-paths-by-product.aspx
- Microsoft Office certifications http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/office-certification.aspx
Sales and licensing training and information
- Ends May 31: Accelerate your sales of both cloud and on-premises Office with Cloud Easy and Big Easy Offer 10.
- Introducing Office 365 Open and Full-Packaged Product (FPP)
- Sales skills accreditation for Desktop SMB, Desktop Enterprise, Small Business
- Sales guide, customer presentations, training videos, sales and marketing tools https://aka.ms/pmcTheNewOffice
- Licensing readiness materials https://aka.ms/pmcTheNewOfficeLicensing
- Competing to win with the new Office in small business, midsize business, and the enterprise
- Office for SMB customers campaign
- Download the latest licensing price lists https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/pages/licensing/price-lists.aspx
Technical training and information
- Practice Accelerator for Microsoft Office 365 provides deployment guidance and best practices (upcoming dates: April 15; April 29)
- Office for developers http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/office/default.aspx
- Office for IT pros http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/office
- Get started with the new Office (IT pros) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fp160948 and http://officeignitelabs.cloudguides.com/
- Office 2013 Resource Kit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc303401.aspx and blog http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_resource_kit/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0/default.aspx
- Ignite Online guides for IT Pros at http://officeignitelabs.cloudguides.com/
Stay informed through social, blogs, and community
- Join the U.S. partner community on Yammer, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn https://aka.ms/uspcommunity
- Find and follow Microsoft-managed, product-related Twitter feeds https://twitter.com/msuspartner/productreleases/members
- Read the U.S. partner newsletter online at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter
- Choose your favorite way(s) to stay informed https://aka.ms/uspstayinformed
Use your Microsoft Partner Network membership benefits and get product support
- For membership assistance, contact Microsoft Partner Network support https://aka.ms/uspartnersupport
- New Partner Support Community lets you connect with Microsoft experts and other partners at no cost to get answers to your product, developer, and presales questions.
- Download your Office 2013 software for internal use (Action Pack subscribers, silver competency, gold competency).
- Understand membership opportunities and related benefits.
Find out how to stay informed as a U.S. partner at https://aka.ms/uspstayinformed.