by Julie Golding, U.S. MPN Lead
Starting mid-November, the U.S. gold competency membership fee will increase to $5,260. This increase will be reflected when you attain or renew your gold competency. Microsoft partners that have attained a gold competency represent best-in-class capabilities as market leaders, and the depth and breadth of today’s partner benefits are significant:
- Solution Incentives Program participation
- Support from dedicated, telephone-based partner account specialists
- Internal-use licenses for the latest Microsoft software
- No-cost online training
- Presales and technical advisory support
- Customizable marketing and sales materials
Earlier this year, IDC released a white paper about the Business Value of the Microsoft Partner Network Core Benefits (Mira Perry and Steve White, June 2012). IDC estimates that in aggregate, there is $320,000 in value directly attributable to a partner’s utilization of Microsoft Partner Network benefits, based on a 50-person company with $5-10 million in revenue and two to five competencies.
If your membership renewal period occurs before the price change takes effect on November 19, 2012, you will be able to renew for one more year under the current fee. For information about your company’s renewal or assistance completing your renewal, visit the Renew my membership page on the partner portal or contact the Regional Service Center at https://aka.ms/uspartnersupport.
Resources for U.S. partners who have or are working to attain a Microsoft competency
- Download and review the Competency Roadmap, a comprehensive look at the changes that will take effect this November.
- Save up to 40% on exams by purchasing a Microsoft Competency Exam Pack, and get a free exam retake—a second shot—if needed (rules, instructions, and a link to eligible exams).
- Save on practice tests that help you prepare for Microsoft exams.
- Contact U.S. MPN Experts by email, phone, or chat to discuss your next competency renewal and review whether you are ready to meet new requirements.
- Prepare for upcoming Microsoft product releases with our online guide to resources that help you integrate new products into your business and start talking to customers about how your solutions built on the latest Microsoft products and technologies help meet their needs for efficiency, cost effectiveness, business productivity, and more.