by Julie Golding, U.S. MPN Lead
Earlier this year, we launched the new Microsoft Small Business competency to help partners build on their experience in the small business customer segment and capitalize on cloud opportunities in that market. In response to partner feedback, a new exam focused on the needs of small business customers, 74-324: Administering Office 365 for Small Business, is available and is now the required exam for the Small Business competency, replacing Exam 70-323: Administering Office 365.*
To prepare for the new exam, I recommend the Administering Office 365 for Small Business Jump Start, available on demand from TechNet. For additional training recommendations, use the Microsoft Office 365 learning path or build a learning plan for yourself or your team. You will also find the Practice Accelerator for Microsoft Office 365 beneficial—if you are a member of Cloud Essentials or Cloud Accelerate, you may register for the Practice Accelerator at no cost. Or, if you have a competency, you can apply five of your partner advisory hours to your attendance.
Resources to help you maintain and maximize your competency investment
- Download and review the Competency Roadmap for a comprehensive look at the changes that will take effect this November.
- Save up to 40% on exams by purchasing a Microsoft Competency Exam Pack, and get a free exam retake—a second shot—if needed (rules, instructions, and a link to eligible exams).
- Save on practice tests that help you prepare for qualifying Microsoft exams.
- Contact U.S. MPN Experts by email, phone, or chat to discuss your next competency renewal and review whether you are ready to meet new requirements.
- Read the IDC white paper about the business value of the Microsoft Partner Network core benefits.
- Prepare for upcoming Microsoft product releases with our online guide to resources that help you integrate new products into your business and start talking to customers about how your solutions built on the latest Microsoft products and technologies help meet their needs for efficiency, cost effectiveness, business productivity, and more.
* If you have previously taken either Exam 70-323: Administering Office 365 or Exam 70-321: Deploying Office 365, it will remain valid for your organization to qualify for the Small Business competency. However, if your organization is working to attain the Small Business competency, it is recommended that someone at your company take the new Exam 74-324.