To help you stay informed about opportunities, news, recommendations, and programs relevant to your business, the US Partner Team offers you options that include social platforms, email, and blogs. Choose your favorite way (or ways) to get the information you need.
Download our quick reference companion slide from http://docs.com/MRKU.
Online—start with the US MPN portal
The MPN portal is your primary website. The home page provides a digest of news, opportunities, and resources, and US-specific recommendations are published monthly.
Across the top of the portal, you’ll find the most common content topics (Membership, Downloads, Solutions, Licensing, Support, Training, Sales and Marketing, and Community), and within each of those tabs, you’ll find links to most-requested, partner-related content.
If you’re looking for something specific, use site search, located at the top of each page. Results include not only what’s on the portal itself—you’ll also find training results, and results from Microsoft blogs published to TechNet and MSDN.
US Partner Community
Follow, like, share, comment, and engage with Microsoft and other partners in the US Partner Community, from social platforms you use. We provide regular, just-in-time updates about the Microsoft Partner Network program and benefits as well as partner-related news, information, and opportunities from teams across Microsoft.
- Twitter https://twitter.com/msuspartner
- Yammer https://aka.ms/uspyammer (instructions to join at http://docs.com/SLTC)
- Facebook http://facebook.com/msuspartner
US Partner News
The US Partner News is published online. Every Friday, you’ll find a digest of the latest partner-related information, news, resources, and training. You can read the series at https://aka.ms/uspnewsletter, and you subscribe to the US Partner Team with your email address to have each issue delivered to your email inbox.
On the first Friday of each month, as a benefit of your MPN membership, you’ll receive a personalized issue of the newsletter, aligned to the Microsoft Partner Network profile of your company as well as your own Individual Profile.
You may also receive emails from the Microsoft Partner Network programs team about your MPN membership benefits and renewals, and from the Microsoft US Partner Team about benefits, programs, products, and opportunities.
US Partner Team blog
On the US Partner Team blog, you’ll find announcements, guides, and news for US partners. Subject-matter experts from across the Microsoft US subsidiary write guest posts or blog series that align to your membership status, benefits, and Microsoft practice.
US Partner Training
No-cost and low-cost training is offered by Microsoft as a benefit of MPN membership. Microsoft Learning Partners also offer virtual and in-person training that can help individuals at your company increase their knowledge and skills about Microsoft products, to better serve customers.
- Hot Sheet: Schedule of upcoming in-person training, virtual training, and partner calls – https://aka.ms/hotsheetnews
- Learning paths: Recommended on-demand training that will help you earn a Microsoft Certification or sales accreditation, meet competency requirements, and stay current on Microsoft products and technologies – https://aka.ms/learning-paths
- Stand out as an IT Pro or Developer with a Microsoft Certification – https://aka.ms/usgetcertified
- Sales Professionals: Demonstrate your product knowledge with a Sales Specialist accreditation – https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/Pages/Training/sales-specialist.aspx
- Presales Technical Professionals: Demonstrate expertise on functionality, upgrade paths, and deployment with a Presales Technical Specialist accreditation – https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/Pages/Training/presales-technical-specialist.aspx
Notifications about new training offerings, upcoming courses, and training resources are published to our training-specific Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/mslearningcurve and on the US Partner Training blog at https://aka.ms/usptrainingblog.
Membership, developer, presales, and product support
Sign in to your company’s My support benefits and incidents page to see all your support options.
Get unlimited online support for your questions about your MPN membership and benefits; development; presales assistance; and Microsoft products in the Partner Support Community forums, at https://aka.ms/uspartnersupport.
You can also access your support options from any page of the MPN portal by clicking on Contact Microsoft Partner Network or selecting Support from the top navigation bar.