The U.S. partner team delivers an e-mail newsletter to U.S.-based Microsoft Partner Network members each Monday as a benefit of membership. We are looking at new ways to help connect partners to valuable information about the Microsoft Partner Network and associated benefits as well as new opportunities for your business. We’ll be covering new resources and tools in future blog posts, but in the meantime, feedback from many of you indicates that blogs are one way you stay current.
Below are my favorite items from the newsletter delivered today: Tuesday, September 7.
Regional Partner Calls – Join Your Local Microsoft Team Each Month
- Central Region: Friday, September 17, 10am Central Time. See the list of all calls through July 2011.
- East Region: Friday, September 10, 9am Eastern Time. See the list of all calls through June 2011.
- West Region: Friday, September 17, 10am Pacific Time. Visit the West Region Partner Calls page.
More Local Recommendations
- Register for the U.S. VAR Rebate Program, a Microsoft Channel Advantage offering. You’ll be eligible to earn up to 20 percent in rebates on eligible sales through December 31, 2010.
- Update your certifications to maintain your existing competency or attain a new one. Save up to 30% on certification exams with our Back to School promotion.
- Get the Cloud Essentials. Whether you sell and service or build and develop, we offer ways to engage that complement your existing Microsoft Partner Network benefits.
Dream It. Build It. Develop on Windows Phone 7
Download our free Windows Phone 7 developer tools. Use your creativity to build Silverlight and XNA mobile applications that will run across the Phone, the browser, and the PC. Learn more about the revolutionary Windows Phone 7 platform.
Upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 for $299
Upgrade from Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition or Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition to Visual Studio 2010 Professional for $299. This offer does not include MSDN Essentials. Offer expires October 10, 2010.
Develop Rich Internet Solutions with SharePoint 2010 Technology
Learn how you can use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for Internet Sites to create solutions that help your customers implement their digital marketing strategy and drive new business.
Your Virtualization Campaign is Ready
Microsoft Virtualization solutions can offer cost-savings to your customers—and a strategic growth opportunity for you. Your virtual marketing department has a campaign that is Ready-to-Go.
Get Your Windows Azure One Month Pass for September
Editor’s Note: As of 9/23, this program is temporarily unavailable. We hope to have a new version of this program up and running in the near future. If you’re a U.S. developer, you can get no-cost phone, chat, and email support with Microsoft Platform Ready for Windows Azure. There are also partner-specific resources for Windows Azure on the U.S. partner portal at https://partner.microsoft.com/US/40084702.
Learn about the Windows Azure platform with no steep learning curve by requesting your no-cost Windows Azure One Month pass. Use your pass to put Windows Azure and SQL Azure through their paces. No credit card required.
Training Series—Windows Phone 7 in 7 Minutes
Check out this series of short videos that highlight features of Windows Phone 7 in less than 7 minutes. This series is for developers who want to pick up the basics quickly with hands-on examples.
Cloud Days Sweepstakes
The Cloud Days Training Package is your starting place to learn about Cloud Services and Deployment. Through November 5, receive a chance to win a Dell Netbook for each course you take.
Fast Track Your Business with Practice Accelerator
Fast track your business with Practice Accelerator, a comprehensive set of reusable tools and best practices delivered through Microsoft Office Live Meeting sessions. September offerings: SharePoint 2010, Server Virtualization, and Desktop Optimization.
Sr. Marketing Manager, U.S. Partner Team