We’ve been watching the U.S. partner registration for this year’s Worldwide Partner Conference grow pretty quickly over the past couple of months, and expect to see close to 4,000 of you in Washington, D.C. (Wow!) In doing some analysis of our registrants, one of the stats that jumped out was that about 40% of the companies represented tell us that they serve one or more of our Public Sector industries—healthcare, education, state and local government, and federal government.
I reached out to my friend and colleague, Colleen Tyler, who is the Director of Partner Marketing for the U.S. Public Sector team, and asked her to share her recommendations for U.S. partners attending WPC 2010 who want to hear more about Public Sector opportunities with Microsoft. She was delighted to share the many ways to connect with both WW Public Sector (WWPS) and U.S. Public Sector (USPS) teams and activities during the Conference, most of them concentrated on Wednesday and Thursday. And more than 70 Microsoft USPS team members will be at WPC 2010—you can schedule meetings with them on WPC Connect.
Whether you already have a Microsoft practice that serves Public Sector customers, or are interested in expanding your existing practice to include them, WPC 2010 has plenty to offer you. The @MicrosoftPS and @WPC10US Twitter handles will provide updates throughout the event.
Value Keynote (session number PSVK) by WWPS VP, Linda Zecher – Wednesday, July 14; 1:00pm-2:30pm
U.S. Keynote (PSRK4) by USPS VP, Curt Kolcun and General Manager of USPS Partner Strategy, Vince Menzione – Wednesday, July 14; 3:00pm-5:00pm
U.S. Vertical Keynotes – Thursday, July 15; 9:00am-10:30am
- U.S. Federal Keynote Address (PSKN4), with VP U.S. Federal Sales, Teresa Carlson
- Education Track Keynote (PSKN5), with General Manager of U.S. Education Sales, Sig Behrens
- U.S. State and Local Government Keynote Address (PSKN2), with SLG VP Gail Thomas
- Health Keynote Address (PSKN6), with General Manager Healthcare Industry, Brian Scott
Public Sector Track – 53 sessions from which to choose at http://www.mspartnerconference.com/topic/list?categories=public sector
- Four U.S. Federal Government sessions – enter US Federal into the keyword search
- Four U.S. State and Local Government sessions – enter SLG into the keyword search
- One U.S. Health session- enter US Health into the keyword search
- 20 Education-related sessions within the Public Sector Track – enter education into the keyword search
The WWPS and USPS teams are working together on several other opportunities to connect and network with them during the Conference:
- WWPS Lounge. Open throughout the Conference and located on the L Street bridge outside the Expo
- WWPS Party. Wednesday, July 14 at the National Portrait Gallery
- Microsoft Booth at the Expo. Industry stations for Health, Government, and Education, staffed by experts
If you are attending WPC 2010, please stop by the U.S. Lounge and say hello! I am also on the WPC Connect Wall (search Diane to find me) if you’d like to connect. I will be covering the Conference on our @WPC10US Twitter handle.
Sr. Marketing Manager, U.S. Partner Team
Learn more about what I do at Microsoft