In case you haven’t seen this yet, Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Solution Accelerator (MVMC) is a free Microsoft-supported, stand-alone solution for the IT pro or solution provider who wants to convert VMware-based virtual machines and disks to Hyper-V-based virtual machines and disks.
This stand-alone solution allows you to invoke the virtual machine conversion through the command-line interface for those of you that prefer the non GUI interface and this will also allow you to integrate this into datacenter automation workflow tools such as Microsoft System Center 2012 – Orchestrator, or you can use the wizard-driven GUI and follow a few simple screens where user input is required. The solution is easy to download, install, and use.
Some of the features provided by MVMC:
· Converts and deploys virtual machines from VMware hosts to Hyper-V hosts running:
· Windows Server 2012
· Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
· Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1
· Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
· Converts VMware virtual machines, virtual disks, and configuration (memory, virtual processor and so on) from the source to Hyper-V.
· Adds virtual network interface cards (NICs) to the converted virtual machine on Hyper-V.
· Supports conversion of virtual machines from:
· VMware vSphere 4.1 and 5.0 hosts
for more information review the administration guide and for more information on Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client
Download the Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Solution Accelerator today and try it out.