Microsoft announces the extension of the Microsoft Office Bounty Program through December 31, 2017. This extension is retroactive for any cases submitted during the interim.
The engagement we have had with the security community has been great and we are looking to continue that collaboration on the Office Insider Builds on Windows. This program represents a great chance to identify vulnerabilities prior to broad distribution.
Office Insider Builds give users early access to the latest Office capabilities and security innovation. By testing against these early builds, issues can potentially be found prior to production release. This helps improve quality and protect customers.
How it works
- Types of vulnerabilities awarded and their details are listed in the Microsoft Office Insider Builds on Windows Bounty Program Terms, including:
- Elevation of privilege via Office Protected View
- Macro execution by bypassing security policies to block macros
- Code execution by bypassing Outlook automatic attachment block policies
- The program duration is from March 15 to December 31, 2017
- Bounty payout ranges during this period will be $6,000 to $15,000 USD
Call to action: send your vulnerabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you want your submission to be part of this program!
As always, the most up-to-date information about the Microsoft Bounty Programs can be found at https://aka.ms/BugBounty and in the associated terms and FAQs.
Principal Security Group Manager
Microsoft Security Response Center