This is Christopher Budd. I wanted to let you know that our bulletins for May 2007 have just posted. This includes the security update for the DNS issue discussed in Microsoft Security Advisory 935964.
This month, we’re releasing three bulletins affecting Microsoft Office. These have a maximum severity of Critical for earlier versions and Important for more recent versions:
- MS07-023 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS07-024 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution
- MS07-025 – Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Note that MS07-024 addresses the issue first discussed in Microsoft Security Advisory 933052.
We are also releasing one bulletin affecting Microsoft Exchange with a maximum severity of Critical:
- MS07-027 – Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
- MS07-029 – Vulnerability in Windows DNS RPC Interface Could Allow Remote Code Execution
And we are releasing one bulletin affecting Microsoft CAPICOM and BizTalk with a maximum severity of critical:
We are also issuing an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool today as well.
A reminder that we’ll be holding our webcast tomorrow May 9, 2007 at 11 AM Pacific Time to review the bulletins and answer questions you might have on-the-air. You can register for it here:
*This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.*