This post was authored by Rahul Gupta, Senior Program Manager, Enterprise Cloud Management Team.
As you move to the Cloud and start managing your hybrid IT environment with Operations Management Suite (OMS), we are committed to providing the best experience for you. We understand that there is an increased pressure to deliver continuous services for your users. With all the relevant data in one place, you could quickly troubleshoot issues and improve your service availability.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) integration in Azure Insight & Analytics helps you to connect to an ITSM solution and provides access to your help desk data (such as incidents and change requests) and log data (such as activity and diagnostic logs, performance and configuration changes) in one place.
We are excited to partner with third party cloud-based ITSM solutions to complement the capabilities available in OMS today. Concurrency, an early adopter of the ITSM Connector experienced the value of this partnership. “The already strong capabilities of event management, automation, declarative configuration management, and security in OMS are only strengthened by partnering with cloud-based ITSM solutions.” says Nathan Lasnoski, Chief Technology Officer.
Using this integration, you can expedite the troubleshooting of IT issues, reduce mean time to resolution and improve your service levels. Currently, you can integrate with one of these ITSM solutions – System Center Service Manager or Cherwell or Provance or ServiceNow and benefit from the following capabilities:
- Create events, alerts, or incidents in your service desk solution based on alerts from Insight & Analytics, centralizing all at one place.
- Read incidents from your service desk solution, correlate with relevant log data and see all the connections of the service related to the incidents in Service Map, helping you to resolve your incidents faster.
- Read the change request items from your service desk and correlate the change request data with Change Tracking solution in Azure Automation & Control, for better visibility.
- View curated dashboards for deeper insights on events, alerts, incidents and impacted systems.
- Troubleshoot faster by correlating with other management solutions in the Log Analytics workspace.
Insight & Analytics and Automation & Control are part of the Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS). If you are new to OMS, try today by activating your free account.
Watch the following how-to videos to get started today. To learn more, see Centrally manage ITSM work items using IT Service Management Connector (Preview).
Integration with System Center Service Manager
Learn more about Microsoft System Center.
Integration with Cherwell
Learn more about Cherwell ITSM.
Integration with Provance
Learn more about Provance ITSM for Dynamics CRM 365.
Integration with ServiceNow
Learn more about ServiceNow User app for integration.